Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Race: Townsville Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Race: Townsville Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Race: Townsville Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Race: Townsville Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Race: Townsville Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Race: Townsville Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Race: Townsville Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Race: Townsville Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Race: Townsville Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Race: Townsville Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Race: Townsville

4 posters

Go down

Post Race: Townsville Empty Post Race: Townsville

Post by M1N1K0B3 7/9/2011, 11:21 pm

Well what can I say!? Very Happy

Haven't driven this mod in months and if you total up my total laps ever driven with this mod it's about 20 or so...

Benny gave me a setup and thanks a lot for that!

Was just doing as much practice as I could before the race and needed a couple more laps in qualy. Got P5 I think. I like street circuits I always find I get really good results at them. Maybe it's the confidence or something of driving up mm from walls and grip, etc!

Start of Race 1 As normal always getting good starts and jumped a few guys on the straight. Then turn 1 backed off to avoid any carnage that could of occurred. Was on Sprints so had to pass all the guys to catch up to moo in first place. Was stuck behind Nibiru but once I got an open door it was shut very quickly... Got passed him eventually in a braking battle for turn 1 my late braking helped me choose a good point on the inside. Caught up to moo and passed him when he pitted.

At probably every pit stop I gained around 3 - 5 seconds I reckon from being precise on the limiter and entry and all the other things that contribute. Eventually me and kiwi were on a big battle towards then end. Had my hands full and in the end I won by 0.034s I think it was ? What a finish and thanks for the adrenaline pumping final laps kiwi! Very Happy

Race 2 I got away with a big jump at the start and wasn't threatened at all. Managed to build a 5 second gap to Benny before losing 3 seconds from mistakes... Then all of a sudden after everybody made pitstops I was 8 seconds in front of Benny. Just kept the lead and kept being consistent and won from Nibiru. I backed off in the final laps eventually I made a mistake which cost me about 5 seconds but I had a comfortable lead to take the win!

What a great comeback to TTR looking forward to the next round! I'll be there to defend my wins! Really happy thanks guys for the night! Very Happy

M1N1K0B3

Back to top Go down

Post Race: Townsville Empty Re: Post Race: Townsville

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 7/10/2011, 9:37 am

Another great night racing....

Got pole position from Kris with a margin of .oo5 of a second with Niburu qualifying third.

Got a good start on enduro tyres but got passed by the guys on sprints pretty quickly.... changed onto sprints at the first stop and double stinted them.
Last few laps saw me nipping at the heels of M1N1KOB3 and was a drag race to the line.... wd M1N1KOB3 on the win.....

Race 2 and I got turned around by Trippy on the opening laps which put me near the back... Pitted a lap or two earlier than race 1 saw me a lap down....
Pushed hard as I could on the sprints to get another podium finish... well done again on another win M1N1KOB3
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR kris 7/10/2011, 10:22 am

WD top 3
practiceing me and benny were doing 2 wide turn 2 3 4 clean as good fun leading into the night

but i had a shocking night as you do in racing now and then
had good pace in practice, Q 2nd behind kiwi he was smoken like he said .005 between us
should of changed my tactics then and gone to sprints off the line to get away since i was on front row
lost a few spots and then got spun from a tap in turn 11 1st lap so that race was not so good

2nd race
dano was flying behind me for quite a few laps putting the preasure on, good racing bro
let the limiter off to early leaving the pits (stop go) affraid
had a couple of mishaps with other cars , No moo was bouncing off a wall

we need to sort out the readress thing if you spin someone
this deturs it from hapening, i know they are not on perpose but it makes you more carfull if you are made to stop and wait
ive been guilty of not stopping before as well its a pain in the arse

we were told 2 cps per race
i thought cps were for tyres??
let me know if im wrong here
but we were also told we could double stint our sprints so no biggy there

look forward to next saturday
bounce bounce bounce
TTR kris
TTR kris

Back to top Go down

Post by moo 7/10/2011, 12:16 pm

Well start of with qualifying it was a big struggle to find grip and also found that my normal setup was very very loose like difting around every corner so I tried benny's setup and it did work

Race 1: got a great start and almost went into the back of Benny then because i was on sprint tyres I went past kiwi kiwi and into the race lead and i was trying so hard to make a gap nd I kept locking my tyres up at each corner so when I pited the tyres were neally to blow then I went on controls and then for the second pitstop I changed my front tyres only very bad idea had no rear grip through the race and went to 2nd last...............

Race 2: had a normal start and every one was going slow at the first corner and I dived to the right and picked up lots of places then I got loose and almost spun at turn 2 then I spun at turn 3 and one of the fords can't remember but he almost clipped me at the front and at the first round of pitstops I changed to sprints and same as race 1 I locked up my tyres at every corner then I went on controls for pitstop 2 and couple laps later nibiru came out in front of me and when I went into turn 1 I locked all my tyres and spun nibiru sorry mate then got super loose in the last sector and spun and I came onto the race line and before I had time to react Kris smashed into the left rear then 1 corner later I smashed my car just coming into the pit lane and I crashed 3 more time and that's why I came into the pits a lot...... So all of the night I was struggling

And the turn around of nibiru I readressed to that
And so sorry Kris for the contact............

moo

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR kris 7/10/2011, 12:59 pm

lol, full of action moo

edit
just watched the v8s on tv and i see number 9 (my car) got spun on lap one also affraid
TTR kris
TTR kris

Back to top Go down

Post by M1N1K0B3 7/11/2011, 7:11 pm

Is this the results page?

http://ttrracing.com/results/lambos/CHAMPS/V8%20Supercars%20Series%202/EXPORT/HTML/DriverChampionship.html

I guess so it looks updated lol Very Happy

Once again thanks for the night was good to have 2 wins in 2 races with limited practice Very Happy Well Done all and see you next round!

M1N1K0B3

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR kris 7/11/2011, 11:05 pm

well i did the 1 hour race at eao/aus
Qallyed 7th out of over 20 cars
got a stop go in the pits, the entry light was in a differnt place to the track ver we did affraid
good clean night though
came 10th
TTR kris
TTR kris

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 7/12/2011, 4:50 pm

Well done Kris..... you da MAN!!!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR kris 7/12/2011, 6:14 pm

i was a bit lonly without you there this time bud, and there was no webber to show them how it was done
if you guys were there i would of got 12th lol

TTR kris
TTR kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum