Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Laguna Seca Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Laguna Seca Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Laguna Seca Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Laguna Seca Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Laguna Seca Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Laguna Seca Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Laguna Seca Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Laguna Seca Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Laguna Seca Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Laguna Seca Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Laguna Seca

+3
wobblyone
TTR kris
KKR kwik-kiwi
7 posters

Go down

Post Laguna Seca Empty Post Laguna Seca

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 8/14/2011, 8:06 am

Great night.... great numbers!!!!!!!!!

Race 1 - had an off on the first lap... watched the great TTR Kris / M1N1K0B3 battle for the last half of the race...

Race 2 - Got a tag at the hair pin , had my usual off or two... had a epic battle with Racer69 and Wobblyone... last lap at the corkscrew and I followed Racer off and we collected Wobbly as well ..... great racing though

Race 3 - got a good start but struggled to keep up the pace and yep had another off and ended back in the field a bit..... hit Racer69 when he had a spin.... had a battle with Racer69 after my pit and then Spaz was closing in on the final laps.....

Pretty happy with how my night went..

How did your night go??

Last edited by TTR kwik-kiwi on 8/14/2011, 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post Laguna Seca Empty Re: Post Laguna Seca

Post by TTR kris 8/14/2011, 10:07 am

good nights racing about 14 cars which made it a real full on event

my practice pace in the week was reel good
practice pace on the night was so close in the top 6 or so cars
didnt get my PB in Qually but saw some amazing times arive hoping for a 123.5 but some got into the 122s affraid
like with heavy v8 racing there was a few bent panels through the field the old door rubbing and bumper to bumper action
like most weeks me and kiwi had some paint swoped
had a few door handle rubbs with webber
benny said cyas to us on race 1 gone out in front while the rest of us battled scratch
most of the night was real close clean racing
cheers cheers cheers to all for the night
TTR kris
TTR kris

Back to top Go down

Post by wobblyone 8/14/2011, 11:30 am

thought i was going to really struggle here as in 1st practice i couldnt get below 1,26 and i didnt feel i would either......no setup change all of a sudden doing mid 24's then PB's of low 23's, ok hows that work not sure Smile

Anyway sneaked in under the radar in quali after sneaking out on new tyres with about 2 mins to go a put together a superpole lap, think i qualied p4?

race one was over as soon as it started my graphics started stuttering real bad and although i hoped it would go i knew by t1 it was getting worse, so i exited, sry if i caused any isues

race 2 last on grid, still had stutter issues in traffic but managed p6 i think, was good fun and sry again to anyone if the stuttering caused any issues.

race 3 lots of mess at the start and i somehow managed to get the lead, the race was a worry as when id reset my graphics to cure the stuttering i hadnt realised no rear view mirrors....so a very nervous race trying to guess where everyone was, managed to pull a 4 or 5 sec gap on p2 at one point, but did my usual horrendous bad pit, which saw me drop like a stone Smile finished p4

really enjoying the v8's and the guys driving them top job cant wait 4 more.......maybe next season a v8 UK invasion....donnington, brands thruxton, pembrey, cadwell, etc etc Smile
wobblyone
wobblyone

Back to top Go down

Post by M1N1K0B3 8/14/2011, 12:10 pm

Normally I would jump up an hour before qualy and practice from there. But for Laguna Seca probably in total did about 3 hours practice in total before qualy.

Did a great lap in qualy bet my pb by .6 first time running on low fuel and got into the 22's. Had a lap that was a tenth up on Webber for pole but ran wide final turn...

Race 1: I was looking good for the lead had a big moment under braking for the corkscrew did about 3 or 4 steering corrections at full lock! lol Managed to keep it straight and Benny just got past. That was the start of Benny's run for the lead. I was held up for the whole race and couldn't do anything to catch Benny. Had some good fun though and real close racing throughout the race Very Happy

Race 2: I led pretty much the whole race but final lap under braking for the corkscrew my tyres punctured and lost the lead... Sad

Race 3: Went from about 12th to 4th by lap 2 and on the run down to the final turn racer69 lost control and spun in the middle of the pack. I went left to avoid it but I got cleaned up and shoved into the pits. So I had to make an early pitstop and knew my tyres wouldn't last and plus damage was on for the pitstop and lost a couple of seconds from that. Had to make another stop at the end. I was going to change the front 2 and leave the rear 2. But I accidentally changed the rear 2 and front right and the front left wasn't changed. Punctured final lap had no chance of catching 7th, 8th and 9th place after that... Finished 10th and a bit disappointing as I set the 2nd fastest lap for the race Very Happy Had the pace just didn't have the luck.

Good racing see you all next round Very Happy

M1N1K0B3

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 8/14/2011, 12:23 pm

It was a late decision for me to run last night, only started downloading the mod about 6pm.

I'm usually pretty derogatory on all things V8Supercars these days, however i found the mod very well made, and had some great races with alot of different people Smile I was probably guilty of trying too hard at times though.

I qualified in 7th, but early in race 1 i found myself in 2nd, and had a great battle with mini for a few laps. Had a lose at the Corkscrew which dropped me back. It was the same story with the other two races. I started from mid grid in all races, and always found myself in the top 3 in the early stages, before a few mistakes dropped me back.

Had a ball though, will hopefully make some more Saturday races in the future Smile
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/14/2011, 2:39 pm

Well last night was a shocker for my return to TTR.

Qual I felt reasonably comfortable doing 1:25's-1:28's. Qual 12th (I think)

Race 1 saw my graphical issues rear their ugly heads again. I had a black screen for about 15 seconds at the race start. Finished as the last of the runners.

Race 2 was no better. Having left to reconfigure the graphics I forgot to load my setup. So I struggled with the default setup (which I can tell you was no fun at all). Finished last of the runners again.

Race 3 I loaded my setup and was waiting to start when rfactor crashed so I didn't even get a seconds racing in.

All in all I liked getting some driving in with you all last night.

Well done on the VERY impressive sub 1:23's by Webber and M1N1K0B3.

Right I'm off to reinstall windows XP as 7 has given me nothing but trouble.

Catch you all next week.

Dev

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 8/15/2011, 11:26 am

Wow what a nights racing

Had done a reasonable amount of practice and felt I could run with most guys at the front on the night.

Qual I Forgot to drop the fuel load so completed my lap with 35+ litres of fuel on board which probably cost me a couple of tenths but managed to PB with 1m23.3. This put me into third spot I knew I couldn’t get to Webber and M1N1 even with less fuel so settled for third choosing not to make another run for pole with low fuel. Wobbly in the dying seconds made me regret this and beat me by .010 of a second Well done mate

Race one
Got a slow initial launch but better drive into second and ran with Webber and M1N1 into turn one. Taking it easy through one two three and four defending off Kiwi and I had lost a little ground to M1N1. This worked in my favour as at the corkscrew M1N1 locked up badly how he didn’t go around I’ll never know and managed to squeeze my car threw and set out after Webber. In practice I had followed Webber and I genuinely thought I had the race pace to run with him at least in race one while he got up to speed. But luckily for me he ran wide and I took the lead and set out to break the cars behind me punching out numerous 1m23’s to put a gap between me and the field. I did work my tyres extremely hard during this period but put myself in a position I could just circulate to the end keeping an eye on the gap to greedy and M1N1

Race Two
M1N1 got me into turn one and we had a great battle till about lap 8 My tyres were starting to hurt as were M1N1’s and I threw everything I had to make it past which I did but was a little too generous on the exit instead of taking the exit I had worked for which end up costing us both time to a fast finishing Greedy. I had nothing left to fight with at this point and greedy made his way past I was able to keep the gap within a 2 sec mark but not much more. On the Last lap at the Cork screw I out braked myself and had Webber hounding me to the line. But held on for Third

Race Three Reverse Grid No luck in this one
Took it really easy at the start after last weeks Mess at turn one in reverse grid wanted to make sure I was clear if I needed to be. Came up behind Shayn early on who then showed me the problem I was going to have for the balance of this race. Shayn Had equal pace to me for 80% of the Track I had more pace in places that I was unable to do anything about getting past him. To your credit mate I hounded you and you were racing great held me out fairly and beautifully for quite a few laps well done. A little bit more time in these cars you will be running further up, Remember Wobbly struggled this week and he did practice during the week. After getting through came up behind spaz and dano and As I came up the inside of Spaz at turn one I think I surprised him as he turned in and around I went. I made heaps of ground at the pit stop by having more fuel on board for the first stint and only having to stop for 8 secs and then battled with dano till the end of the race. I had destroyed my rears and every time I got through I spun the rears up too hard and dropped back behind.

Overall Great night and great turnout, Good to see a few Sunday regulars joining us again I’m sure you enjoyed yourselves as much as we did
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 8/15/2011, 9:02 pm

Just a little video of race 1
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by moo 8/15/2011, 9:50 pm

Like the vid u got there Benny

There was more off roaders then I saw in my life time......wow lol!

moo

Back to top Go down

Post by M1N1K0B3 8/15/2011, 11:44 pm

That was a pretty good race a lot of mistakes from me though

M1N1K0B3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down