Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Watkins Glen - Post Race Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Watkins Glen - Post Race Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Watkins Glen - Post Race Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Watkins Glen - Post Race Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Watkins Glen - Post Race Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Watkins Glen - Post Race Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Watkins Glen - Post Race Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Watkins Glen - Post Race Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Watkins Glen - Post Race Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Watkins Glen - Post Race Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Watkins Glen - Post Race

+5
TTR Benny
M1N1K0B3
wobblyone
KKR kwik-kiwi
Webber
9 posters

Go down

Watkins Glen - Post Race Empty Watkins Glen - Post Race

Post by Webber 9/10/2011, 10:08 pm

OK gents, how did it go for you

Brilliant races, my report up after F1 qualy
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Watkins Glen - Post Race Empty Re: Watkins Glen - Post Race

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 9/10/2011, 10:17 pm

Well done Kris on the series win... cheers

Well done 2nd and 3rd... great result from the rounds you attended......

Thanks for the great series Benny.....

Race 1....... Epic battle with MUMBE!!! That sort of battle is what we are all about!!!! Cool regardless of my average result tonight, this battle was the high point.......

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

Series winner is shouting hot dogs.... order up!!! lol!
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by wobblyone 9/10/2011, 10:33 pm

great nite great fun...made a bit of a pratt of myself tonight declaring i had pole and infact was 3rd lol....my screen said i got it but obviously got pipped in dying seconds by mini and webb,

the usual suspects of benny kris and kiwi seemed to lack car pace here compaired to normal and mini and webb seemed to be on a different level with the times they put in, so it suprised me that i diced with the top 2 all the way through r1 and the lead changed numerous times between all of us, minis tyres went off at end and i got p2 just a smidgen behind webb Smile

race 2 got a flyer and thought i was gonna bugger off as i pulled a gap and kept it, made a silly mistake into hairpin and came out in 5th Sad had a dice with benny but got past caught kris then procceded to flap around side to side like a blue cod lost all my rhythm and crossed the line behind kris backwards lol p4

race 3 l got through to the front but ruined my 100% perfect side by side score with wall as we went door handle to door handle through some turns appologies for pushing on ur door handle a bit hard when my car let go and putting two of ur wheels on the grass which slowed u....ment to say sry after race but the bourbon must ave got the better of me

lead the race with bought a 4 sec gap to mini and was holding ok he pitted earlier and i stayed out tried to get some fast laps to open another gap but went into sand again at hairpin, pitted and got fuel (thanks benny) came out about 5 secs behind mini pulled it down to 3 secs a few times and hoped he would fall to pieces under the pressure....but infact again it was me....going wide a few times, dropped to 10 secs settled for 2nd with webb in 3rd.

grats to kris on taking out the gold and thanks to everyone it was a great series......week to week ur never quite sure whos gonna win and its been very close timewise between all of us and the driving standards have been by far the best ive come across!!.......if only we could fill the server up Smile

cant wait 4 the next series and i love the format of 15/15/30

cheers wobbs
wobblyone
wobblyone

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 9/10/2011, 10:44 pm

TTR Kris = #1

FORD = 511
HOLDEN = 386

NZ = 493
AUST = 364
UK = 9

Great result, wouldn't you say! Wink
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by wobblyone 9/10/2011, 10:56 pm

HEY.......NOT AN OMEN 4 THE WORLD CUP IS IT.....NZ 1ST Smile
wobblyone
wobblyone

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 9/10/2011, 11:16 pm

Not if anything to say about it Radike Samo has!

I can see why Benny was so excited about this track because with the cambered corners, tough braking zones, and flowing nature, it was fantastic.

Qual pulled out a 44.5 to stick it on pole.

Races 1 2 and 3 had unbelievable battles. Quality action.

First race, it was a group of 3 with Wobbly and M1N1, swapping places, never more than about a second apart for the whole thing. Wobbly grabbed the lead with 1 lap to go, and it was almost all over, but he went off starting the lap which was enough for me to hang it out down the inside and take the win. Epic battles.

Second race, more epic battles throughout the race, Wobbly outbraked himself into the back uphill section. I was leading and M1N1 very close. On the last lap I can't remember what happened, I must have gone wide, and he did a good pass. On the 3rd last corner (uphill, off camber) my car understeered like a shopping trolley and I spun it trying to correct with the right foot. A great win for M1N1.

Third race, the usual first turn hilarity, and after a good battle with MUMBE we were running Wobbly-M1N1-Webber. I was really pushing when I braked at 300 m in the high speed chicane, car got unstuck, I hit barrier. Splitter gone and suspension f***ed, I sulked into the pits to repair. After that I had some quality action with Kris, no chance of catching up to the leaders, and then had to deal with a Wally26 on fresh tyres, just holding him off.
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by M1N1K0B3 9/10/2011, 11:24 pm

Great Nights racing! Very Happy

Couldn't get close to my time for some reason during qualy and only got a 45.3 I was expecting the 44.5 that Webber got for pole but don't know what happened Neutral

Race 1 - Passed Webber into turn 1 at the start and held the lead. I then made a rare mistake into the hairpin and let him through. For the rest of the race Webber, Wobbly and I were all swapping positions for the lead it was great racing! Very Happy Final lap my tyres went off way too much and had to watch the last 30 seconds and eventually webber picked up the win.

Race 2 - Started 3rd into Turn 1 I was about to get a great run on both Webber and Wobbly but got a little tag from Spaz. No big deal just had to make my way back through the field. Wobbly went off and it was Webber and I dicing for the lead. Final lap I took the position from him and kept him behind a took a good hard fought win! Watched behind as Webber spun it and the sealed the win for me! Very Happy

Race 3 - Started last with the reverse grid and made my way through the field quickly. I was in 2nd with Wally up front but made a mistake and Wobbly got through... Got passed wally and had wobbly to go. Going into the pits I was down by 5 seconds and knew my outlaps had to be perfect to jump him. Think he made a mistake somewhere and I ended up 5 seconds in front after the stops! Just easily drove it home and took the win!

Great to win races 2 and 3 and take out the event and 2nd place in the championship! Well done to Kris on the championship and cheers benny and kiwi for running a great series! well done to wobbly as well taking 3rd in the championship from kiwi in the end and benny as well missing 2 rounds and still 5th.

Finished the night off with a great qualy session in F1 Very Happy

M1N1K0B3

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 9/11/2011, 8:00 am

wobblyone wrote:HEY.......NOT AN OMEN 4 THE WORLD CUP IS IT.....NZ 1ST Smile

What World Cup? scratch
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 9/11/2011, 8:27 am

What another Great nights Racing

Yep Webber I was Excited this track I really love the way it flows specially the last sector trying to get it around that left hand corner as you crest the hill.

I did some practice and I had a good setup but just not the level that Wobbly, M1N1 and Webber managed. I was great to watch three talented members feeding off each other to get quicker and quicker.

Race one was more than happy with fourth starting position and got lucky into turn one and came out with a gap back to the Spaz. I paced myself and looked after the tyres my only hope was that the front guys would destroy there tyres and come back to me. Watched the front guys pull away from me running there 1:44's while I was running around in the mid 47's but after three laps this stopped and gap remained the same with me even closing at times but the Job the three had done at the start was enough to rule out any chance over closing back in enough. Towards the end of the race had Spaz closing in and but with conserving tyres early I was able to hold on for fourth running my best lap on the last lap of the race.

Race Two
With M1N1 getting caught up in a accident turn one found myself running 3rd out of turn one, Was very surprised to see M1N1 back behind me before the end of the first lap. I let M1N1 past and found myself running with him for a lap or so Big mistake tyres were chewing up and this was not what I set my car up to run like. Even though I backed out a bit the tyres were to hot and attempts to cool them down wasn't working specially when I had Wally closing in at a great rate of knots had to keep pushing. By the time I got to the end could barely turn the car in and sliding out of every corner.

Race Three
Started with Max fuel and planned my stop for tyres and a splash to hopefully take advantage during the stops. The second part of the plan was to really look after tyres and run through close to the ten min to go mark so I have fresher tyres than most to push hard to the end. Didn't start well I spun the car turn one early on and found that little bit extra weight was really hurting me. But by the time we got close to my stop I found I was back running quick times on old tyres and looking like I had got passed a few with the longer first sector. Coming into the stop I was running behind Wally who was on a similar plan I stopped one to or two laps earlier and popped back out where I had hopped and then punched out a couple of mid 46's. So you imagine my surprise seeing wally pop out in front after the stop and on fresher tyres just drove away. Seeing Wally achieve Third in the Last race was fantastic he drove absolutely brilliant I found love to see what you could have done with any form of practice and a setup.

Finally Kris well Deserving Champion any one that jumps on the server during the week will normally see Kris there practicing. This is something you have well and truly earn t mate .

Also Wd to Podium once again guys great results

So we move on to the next series I have put Grand Valley up on the Server as the first round after Phillip island. The format will remain the same for new series 15,15,30

Ben
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mumbe 9/11/2011, 9:30 am

TTR kwik-kiwi wrote:
Race 1....... Epic battle with MUMBE!!! That sort of battle is what we are all about!!!! Cool regardless of my average result tonight, this battle was the high point.....

Ill second that, its always great racing with you guys. was closer to the pace than i have been before so that helped,
Race 2 made a pass on Peter308 and Wally but overcooked it the next corner, so a poor result.
Race 3 I pushed to hard for to long and ran out of fuel right on pit lane entry. Spaz helped me out (sssshhhhh) resulting in a stop/go for us both (over excited that we were being naughty) Upon leaving the pits turned limiter off early and recieved another stop/go. Was time to sit in turn one and watch the guys coming down the straight. Looking forward to next week thats for sure!
Mumbe
Mumbe

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR kris 9/11/2011, 10:04 am

thanks benny, kiwi, jd for all your help with sorting all my rfactor newbe questions,
only just got broadband this year so online racing is new to me
ive raced motorcross, 6 hour enduros, large scale rc off roaders and speedway sidechairs
and i find racing these just as cool,
i cant use my no fair of dyeing edge to win races here though lol
the crowd (race fans ) is a bit smaller than real racing but some nights when the preasure is on i stall get hypped up and cant sleep after wards, lol
amazing how fast wobbly webber and mini are some nights, last night wally was on fire, seemed to have suited the track and sad after he was on defult set up.
like real racing the differnt tracks suited differnt drivers,
Mumbe was going well until race 3 i saw how he would block once and then hold his line, very professional racing by all you guys everyone out there for a good clean battle, a little aggression here and there but we would exspect that in racing
thanks for the series kiwi, benny and other racers, i class you all as freinds, when i win loto lol, we'll all get togeather for some hotdogs at a real v8 suppercar race
TTR kris
TTR kris

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 9/11/2011, 11:45 am

so i saw this was running, i didnt have V8FU installed, and had to download WatkinsGlen,
cos ive never driven here before.

Took fricken ages, but i got everything installed and setup and tacked onto the last race.

I had 2 laps to learn the track layout in the warmup, which is not fun lol.
Race started and got away ok, just took it easy down the straight, and let some people go past me, didnt wanna cause any havoc on first race in.

Basically went around about 6 seconds off the pace, pulling over for the lappers and still trying to learn the course.

I did have a bit of trouble finding the pits, and missed them twice, finally pulling in with 0 litres of fuel swishing around in the tank. Then while in the pits, i took a wrong turn ahah, and had to do a U-ie, as i pulled into my box, the car started its no fuel stutter.

I obviously came last, or somewhere akin to last, maybe someone had a DNF or something but i claim last with pride.

Great cars to drive and a super track. With a few more laps practice, like about 50 or so, i could have probably grabbed a position or 5.

Good fun. I probably wont be a regular, cause i run TCL on sundays, and two nights of the weekend taken up by racing is pushing it. Hehe.

Wow, i made a story out of nothing. Nice.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by moo 9/11/2011, 12:14 pm

Wd kris mate shame I couldn't make it........

moo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mumbe 9/11/2011, 5:50 pm

TTR kris wrote: thanks for the series kiwi, benny and other racers, i class you all as freinds, when i win loto lol, we'll all get togeather for some hotdogs at a real v8 suppercar race

cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers
Mumbe
Mumbe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down