Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Round 5: Adelaide International Raceway Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Round 5: Adelaide International Raceway Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Round 5: Adelaide International Raceway Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Round 5: Adelaide International Raceway Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Round 5: Adelaide International Raceway Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Round 5: Adelaide International Raceway Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Round 5: Adelaide International Raceway Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Round 5: Adelaide International Raceway Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Round 5: Adelaide International Raceway Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Round 5: Adelaide International Raceway Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Round 5: Adelaide International Raceway

+4
shano
Wally26
shaynskyline
racer69
8 posters

Go down

Round 5: Adelaide International Raceway Empty Round 5: Adelaide International Raceway

Post by racer69 9/20/2011, 5:43 pm

So now to South Australia and the fifth round of the championship at the Bob Jane owned Adelaide International Raceway

This is a quick little circuit, with the half-mile speed bowl incorporated into the road circuit, that part of the track really chews the left front tyre. As with most other rounds , laptimes i expect will be around the 60s barrier.

1988 sadly proved to be the last time that AIR hosted an ATCC round, in 1989 Bob Jane did a deal with the "Victorian Health" scheme, primarily the anti-smoking 'QUIT' campaign. The deal meant that Jane couldn't have any tobacco advertising at Calder, and he felt it only right to enforce the same rule at the other track he owned, AIR. In retaliation CAMS removed both tracks from the 1989 ATCC, and put Mallala in instead.

Here is the 1986 ATCC round from AIR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBb1NKd27co
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 5: Adelaide International Raceway Empty Re: Round 5: Adelaide International Raceway

Post by shaynskyline 9/20/2011, 11:14 pm

Looks like an interesting track. Did a few laps on Sunday.

Not sure if ill make the race, got some stuff i think.

Also, im going to tone down the time i spend on rFactor from now on.
I spend a fair amount of time during the week practicing, trying to get better at it.

Then sunday night comes and i get pounded, and its just not fun, basically.
Then i come on here and whinge about it, which im sure isnt fun to read.

So the less i expect, the more fun ill have. And seemingly coming last all the time wont be so much of a disappointment.

So ill probably see you all at Lakeside Rd6.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Round 5: Adelaide International Raceway Empty Re: Round 5: Adelaide International Raceway

Post by shaynskyline 9/20/2011, 11:53 pm

On a slightly more positive note, i got a 55.831 just now in the R31.

pretty tricky track, lots of bumpy bits and a corner that jumps out at you.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 9/21/2011, 6:01 am

Shayn, don't take the whole thing too seriously.
We can't be all freaks like Webber/Groupc, dangtsx etc etc.

It's all about the race and doing the best you can on the night... doesn't matter if you win or last on the road.
For my own self.... I practice maybe sometimes on Sunday, If I keep myself on the track and get myself involved in a battle with someone, whether it be Shazam or Webber, I class it as a excellant night. There's no law saying you have to win all the time. In fact, I am enjoying the Corrolla more than anything else because I can turn in extremely consistant laps in it.... I am afraid with my driving online and offline I am extremely fussy and if the corrolla and 13th place means a nice consistant race then that's what I do.... Occasionally I pull out a surprise win but that is due to consistant racing rather than speed....

relax a little and don't take it so seriously and then every now and again you will get those victories.
cheers Just have fun!! cheers
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 9/21/2011, 6:22 am

Yer, thats what im trying to get to Wally. Just so its fun.

I do so much practice online and offline, and then when nothing much changes on the sunday night its annoying.

After 3 seasons i've realised that im not gonna be winning, so just gotta try and take it a little less srs. And taking it easy on practice will do that.

Staying with an M3 woulda been a better idea i think. I think i expect too much from myself in the skyline, cos i know what it can do. But im not changing cars now, dont wanna lose my 11 points. Very Happy Very Happy Rolling Eyes

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by shano 9/21/2011, 1:25 pm

It's all about the race and doing the best you can on the night... doesn't matter if you win or last on the road.

pretty much wally summed it up... i dunno even know wat position i in when i race dont have anythin showin on screen... just happy to finish and get into a dice with whoever is around at the time...

not finished in tcl in top 3 but every race have had a blast..
shano
shano

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 9/21/2011, 2:22 pm

Hear hear Shano and Wally

I have great fun whether battling for the lead or second-last,
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 9/22/2011, 3:11 pm

All good points guys. Sorry to be a downer lol.

** Just went to Bunnings and picked up some double sided adhesive velcro strips.
My computer desk is on tiles and the pedals are always sliding all over the place
during spirited driving. The rubber "stoppers" are totally PRDEL and do nothing.
Now it doesnt move a millimeter. Niiiiice. A few races back, they slid during a race
and i couldnt hit the break and ran off onto the grass. SOLVED.

Off to do an hour race against the AI. better practice than tearing around on an empty tank and soft tyres.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by menthol369 9/22/2011, 3:48 pm

um, i dont seem to be able to load this one, it gets halfway and jsut stops. can someone share a link?

menthol369

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 9/22/2011, 5:08 pm

i used the one from the downloads page dan.

works ok.

diiis wan - http://www.fileserve.com/file/7rRck7Q

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 9/22/2011, 10:38 pm

so i went and did a hour long with the AI on max (lol) difficulty.

basically, they arent fast enough cause i finished 4th.

i was passing M3s and VLs with relative ease all race and even caught up to a couple of Rs's a couple times. So yeah, not alot learnt from that. I did however, manage to finish the race with no offs or crashes. So that was pretty good. Can do an hour consistently.

My best time so far is 0:55.403, the rs's were doing high 53's.
Then in the race i was all over them. So that doesnt make alot of sense.

Not looking like im gonna get to the race though. So yeh.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 9/23/2011, 5:06 pm

shaynskyline wrote:so i went and did a hour long with the AI on max (lol) difficulty.

basically, they arent fast enough cause i finished 4th.

i was passing M3s and VLs with relative ease all race and even caught up to a couple of Rs's a couple times. So yeah, not alot learnt from that. I did however, manage to finish the race with no offs or crashes. So that was pretty good. Can do an hour consistently.

My best time so far is 0:55.403, the rs's were doing high 53's.
Then in the race i was all over them. So that doesnt make alot of sense.

Have you tried creating talent files? That sorts the AI out pretty good and keeps them lapping consistently
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by David Paterson 9/23/2011, 11:47 pm

I kept trying to get on tonight and it kept saying current session closed, but there was only one person in it...............

So, i did my testing offline.
David Paterson
David Paterson

Back to top Go down

Post by David Paterson 9/24/2011, 9:25 pm

It's working fine now, happy with my set-up, down to 62s.
David Paterson
David Paterson

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 9/25/2011, 1:56 am

My qualifying time is gonna be around 55.4 i think.

And i can push out consistent low to mid 56s in race setup.

Gonna be great.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by groupcaction 9/25/2011, 6:13 pm

Spewing I won't be able to race tonight, possibly next week aswell... Not happy but oh well, life goes on they say!! Have fun fellas, see you all on track soon!!
groupcaction
groupcaction

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum