Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Sandown Chat Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Sandown Chat Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Sandown Chat Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Sandown Chat Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Sandown Chat Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Sandown Chat Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Sandown Chat Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Sandown Chat Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Sandown Chat Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Sandown Chat Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Sandown Chat

+2
M1N1K0B3
TTR=JD
6 posters

Go down

Post Sandown Chat Empty Post Sandown Chat

Post by TTR=JD 11/20/2010, 10:13 pm

Post away guys.
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post Sandown Chat Empty Re: Post Sandown Chat

Post by M1N1K0B3 11/20/2010, 10:25 pm

Didn't have much practice tonight.

Went into Quali and just tried to bring the car in for a nice solid lap.

As Benny said: "Race 1 is your Practice Mini"

well yes he was correct lol

Race 1 had some nice fun and spun it into turn 1 after a hard lock up. Got back on track and finished 4th.

Race 2 started 4th. Had the practice i needed and led the race into turn 1. I said i "might" have caused something in the back of the group but I only said that because I knew i didn't do nothing wrong. So that is why i mentioned the "true" reason as to why the Turn 1 clashes occured.

Kept JD behind for as long as I could. JD was too fast lol and got past me turn 1 as i was too cautious on the brakes for the first time ever lol and it had to be now.

I had some great pace with some practice and my fastest lap was a 1:09.035

So I will practice next race! Very Happy lol Because i truly do think I can challenge JD but it's gonna be one tough challenge.

Finished 2nd race 2 and was happy of it. Some nice carnage at turn 1 after the race finished lol.

Great Racing guys! Looking forward to Sydney next race and Street Circuit = MY TRACK! Razz lol I love street circuits and this should be really really fun! Very Happy

M1N1K0B3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/20/2010, 10:27 pm

Qual went pretty decent. Put it in 4th (I like the way that was done).

Race 1 saw me get a good start and run to the flag in second. Had to hold kiwi off for a few laps. Excellent run there mate. You made me work hard for it.

Race 2 was the worst start I have been involved in for a bit. The 2 leaders slowed up so much that when I got to third Webber hit me from behind and pushed me into Benny then he hit me a second time and drove me around in a half circle. Wasn't too happy about that but that's racing. Soldiered on and got past Dano. Gad a gap on Benny when I realized I forgot to fuel the car for a longer stint Embarassed and had to pit on 13. Put my head down and got some fairly decent laps under my belt and caught kiwi when he exited the pits. He drove away however leaving me on my own until Benny came out. When Benny finally came out I had pretty shot tyres but I was determined to get my own back for Phillip Island earlier this season. Held on for alot of laps with severely worn rubber and made a few mistakes. Ran wide on the exit of the chicane off the back straight and out it in the wall letting Benny past. Went chasing Benny for the last few laps and was content with finishing 5th. However he made a mistake on the penultimate lap and I got through. From there on I just made sure he finished behind me.

Tyres were. FL: Yellow (3.5 bars) FR: Red (0.5 bars) RL: Yellow (3.5 bars) RR: Red - (1 bar)
Feul left: 2 litres

All in all good fun racing and Good fight in race 2 there Benny.

dev

Back to top Go down

Post Sandown Chat Empty Sandown

Post by TTR=JD 11/20/2010, 11:16 pm

Well i honestly wasn't happy wiht my qually lap but still got pole so i suppose i am happy.
Race 1 got a good start and got a lead of 1.5sec on lap 1 and then just tried to increase it. I tried not to push too hard as i knew the tyres would go away towards the end. Finished 1st as i watched the lead change behind me a few times.

Race 2 was reverse grid I am not sure the reverse grid was the best idea i had as we had some dramas with 3 starts and carnage at T1. However it may not have been due to the reverse grid from what i heard & looked at on the replay.
I missed the fiasco at T1 threading my way between about 4 cars to move into 2nd or 3rd. M1N1 was flying and it took a few laps to latch onto the back of him and just as i did he cracked under the pressure affraid from then on i thought i would push as i am very cautious with the pit stop. Came out after the pit stop and put in some extremely consistant laps beating my PB easily about 5 consecutive laps, not sure how i did it with the weight penalty and ended with a pb of 1:08.3 something and took the win.

It was a great night of racing and thanks M1N1 for the challenge it was great until you threw it away.
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 11/21/2010, 9:14 am

Another extremely fun night bounce

Race 1.
Had trouble getting off the line and then spun at the end of the first lap to make sure i was well and truly LAST!
Pushed hard and gained a few positions from other peoples mis-fortune.
Latched onto the back of Devil and tried my hardest to get close enough to have a go.... hoping he would crack under the pressure! Twisted Evil - but he didn't.. well done mate...
While this was going on, i had one eye on the mirror with Benny and then M1N1K0B3 coming up from behind

Race 2

Missed the drama at turn 1.... looking at the replay i was amazed at JD threading his way through........
Got up into third and settled in ... keeping a wary eye on Devil behind me cyclops

Pretty happy with my results and look forward to the last round..... predicting carnage on the tight street circuit affraid
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 11/21/2010, 11:03 am

Devil, really sorry about smashing you in the second race start. I felt like it was 100% my fault at the time, so I waited to let you back past. But I just checked the replay, and you slotted yourself in a place that just wasn't going to happen, after braking so late I'm sure it shocked you as much as me. I was incredibly disappointed to have what was looking to be a great race fouled so early, but as you say mate, that's racing.

Race 1 was excellent, I pulled off a great clean start and an overtake down the pit straight, and defended from a kamikaze move before the kink in the back straight, but a couple of spins put paid to any chance of the top 3.

Great idea with the qualification by the way - heart rate was up there.
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by dano 11/21/2010, 2:03 pm

I had an enjoyable night even if most of it was spent at the back.

Race1

I went ok. I made a couple of places early on through others' mistakes. I didn't fight overly hard when they came back past.
Just about all through the race I had 2nd to 6th on the straight in view as I entered the pit straight. So I wasn't too disapointed being last at a new track for me.

Race2

I made a great start the first time round but then the next two I bogged down at the start. I think it was benny next to me who also bogged down on the final start. I think that's partly to blame for the 1st corner issues cos we bunched the pack up. I managed to get round unscathed though. I was running in 2nd or 3rd after the first few corners. But then everyone made their way past me.
I lost time at and after the pitstop because I had damage to fix and then on my outlap mini in 1st got close enough for me to blue flagged and i lost time letting him by and then following him on his old tyres.
Once he pitted I was a long way behind and finished that way.

dano

Back to top Go down

Post by M1N1K0B3 11/21/2010, 3:07 pm

dano wrote:I lost time at and after the pitstop because I had damage to fix and then on my outlap mini in 1st got close enough for me to blue flagged and i lost time letting him by and then following him on his old tyres.

Hey man i wouldn't of minded if you dived up the inside of one of the turns and passed me. If of course once u get blue flagged you try hard not to get lapped but once you are on your last warning you must let them past. But because you already let me past, if you were clearly faster than me at that point of the race with your fresh tyres and my half a red dot tyres lol... Then you have all rights to go back passed me Very Happy lol

I don't think you will get blue flagged unless you don't break away from me.

For Sydney i will definity be practicing as I realised that i could easily gain some good time and want to give JD a challenge rather than leave him all alone and having an easy race.

M1N1K0B3

Back to top Go down

Post by dano 11/22/2010, 9:54 am

M1N1K0B3 wrote:
dano wrote:I lost time at and after the pitstop because I had damage to fix and then on my outlap mini in 1st got close enough for me to blue flagged and i lost time letting him by and then following him on his old tyres.

Hey man i wouldn't of minded if you dived up the inside of one of the turns and passed me. If of course once u get blue flagged you try hard not to get lapped but once you are on your last warning you must let them past. But because you already let me past, if you were clearly faster than me at that point of the race with your fresh tyres and my half a red dot tyres lol... Then you have all rights to go back passed me Very Happy lol

I don't think you will get blue flagged unless you don't break away from me.

For Sydney i will definity be practicing as I realised that i could easily gain some good time and want to give JD a challenge rather than leave him all alone and having an easy race.

Yeah afterwards I thought why didn't I try and break away from the blue flag but I was being mindful of not holding you up and wasn't aware of your tyres till you were in front.
Anyway it probably didn't make a lot of difference.
It was all good fun.

dano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/22/2010, 12:41 pm

Good reply there Webber. Congrats on the professionalism.

I got very hot under the collar the other night guys and want to go on record and apologize for it. So, I'm sorry to all involved and to Webber no worries about it anymore mate. I'll just get my own back at Sydney.

dev

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 11/22/2010, 2:35 pm

Qual

Hadn't really worried about qual speed which I had in the past and just worked on race pace even run full race setup in qual. With the top ten format I really enjoyed it was a little nervous heading out, in practice just before race managed to put down a 1m9,648 on a single flying lap but push really hard to do that In This case I just did a safe lap not pushing to hard anywhere at set 1m10.3 i think Watched all the cars head out after me and increased my position up the grid by three from what times people had achieved in the practice session.

Race 1

Great Battle with dev for half the race. I was pretty much just following dev I was quicker in some spots but he was quicker in others I made no attempt to pass as it was only early in the race and we were pulling away from the other cars and keeping JD within 7 Sec's Dev had a moment and I told him this I'm not going to make a move yet so keep on pushing and lets build this gap. A lap later dev made a mistake and I was away. Punched out some good times in the 1m9's and even started to slowly real JD in (maybe he was having a smoke at the time) as I was lapping thinking about how working on race pace all week instead of qual was a good move watching all the cars make mistakes around me to find myself in Second a good 10 secs so there you o that was my mistake a lap later got the turn 2 chicanne a little hard bounce into the wall and had to back it out. Then as Dev and Kiwi were approaching had to wait a let them through so I could make a safe re entry. Set out after Kiwi and Dev but started to over drive the car a make silly mistakes again. Came off a couple more times and finished second last.

Race 2

Had a Good start but Mini Did me into turn one up the inside. I would have got a good run out but we slowed as Mini had to make the turn from a tighter angle. There was then some banking up and cars getting into each other I stopped as it happened think maybe I just was going into the turn to slow but I had no where to go either so I then took off again but only after most of the field went past. Ok so turn one mini made a great move up the inside but of course he is going to be slower at the apex I was right behind and I slowed to allow for this other cars didn't allow for this and there was some people coming together. We are all normally really good in first lap without much going on, the multiple restarts didn't help the way everyone made the approach there in race 2. I have looked at video and there was some rubbing but really overall we are very well behavied as a league so I think we should jot this one done to the mutliple starts and how we just had come from a minute earlier from hot tyres pushing hard to cold tyres and drivers wanting to get a better start this time or want to get back where they were.

Anyhow back to the race I had a little battle with Dano who is starting to really get up to speed and throw some consistent laps together and then set put after dev. I closed it down to around 4 seconds when he pitted I then pushed as hard as I could and even started to close right in on Kiwi from 10sec to 5 sec when he pitted. Running long enabled a shorter fuel fill and running light longer and better tyres at the end than dev who had pitted 9 laps earlier than me. I popped out of the pits right in front of dev but he got me before turn 1. This time there was no following and trying to build a lead like race one it was on. Dev had older tyres and was sliding everywhere but drove brilliant he was straight into the braking zones leaving me room if I was good but eventhough I had more speed due to tyre life and he managed to make it near impossible to make a move . So I just hang in there showing my nose here and there to let him know if you make a mistake im gone. Eventually he did and away I went but not without a fight as he tried to get it back at the next corner. Started to pull away and then had a brain fade mistake on the second last lap and back dev came. I tried everything for the last lap to get though but Dev you were to good for me tonight and you were on old tyres. (this was the best battle I have had since last week wih Kiwi lol! )

Benny
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/22/2010, 6:31 pm

Benny mate it was an epic fight. That had to be the hardest fight I've been in with no door banging that I have been in. In my opinion I recon it was even better than our few laps battle at Phillip Island.

Hat off to you mate. Good fights like that are alot of fun and HARD WORK. I was sweating alot after that race mate.

WELL DONE for the professionalism.

dev

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down