Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Pre chat Homebush SYDNEY, Final round. Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Pre chat Homebush SYDNEY, Final round. Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Pre chat Homebush SYDNEY, Final round. Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Pre chat Homebush SYDNEY, Final round. Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Pre chat Homebush SYDNEY, Final round. Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Pre chat Homebush SYDNEY, Final round. Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Pre chat Homebush SYDNEY, Final round. Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Pre chat Homebush SYDNEY, Final round. Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Pre chat Homebush SYDNEY, Final round. Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Pre chat Homebush SYDNEY, Final round. Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Pre chat Homebush SYDNEY, Final round.

+2
M1N1K0B3
TTR=JD
6 posters

Go down

Pre chat Homebush SYDNEY, Final round. Empty Pre chat Homebush SYDNEY, Final round.

Post by TTR=JD 11/20/2010, 11:17 pm

Ok guys chat away for the Final round of Trans Tasman Rivals V8 Supercar series.
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Pre chat Homebush SYDNEY, Final round. Empty Re: Pre chat Homebush SYDNEY, Final round.

Post by Guest 11/20/2010, 11:38 pm

Hmm..... Not sure if I can make this race. Also my outdated system can't really handle this track for some reason. I'll have to play with the settings till I find settings that are consistent with the framerate.

dev

I've done some laps on this track before I had to reinstall v8f a few times. I can't remember the times tho.

Back to top Go down

Pre chat Homebush SYDNEY, Final round. Empty Homebush

Post by TTR=JD 11/20/2010, 11:54 pm

I haven't done a lap around this track yet so it will be a learning curve for me.
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Pre chat Homebush SYDNEY, Final round. Empty Re: Pre chat Homebush SYDNEY, Final round.

Post by M1N1K0B3 11/21/2010, 12:25 am

I haven't done laps around any tracks Razz lol Except F1 tracks (Y) or Former F1 tracks (Y)

Btw this is a street circuit yea? I will love this! Very Happy Should be fun! Very Happy

But i don't know where to find the track in rFactorcentral? confused

Last edited by M1N1K0B3 on 11/28/2010, 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

M1N1K0B3

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD 11/21/2010, 7:51 am

M1N1K0B3 wrote:I haven't done laps around any tracks Razz lol Expect F1 tracks (Y) or Former F1 tracks (Y)

Btw this is a street circuit yea? I will love this! Very Happy Should be fun! Very Happy

But i don't know where to find the track in rFactorcentral? confused

It is another FVR track so it wont be on rfactor central.
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD 11/23/2010, 11:22 pm

Wow, what a poorly built track by FVR, that is my opinion only for the following reasons.
1/ Way to narrow in most places
2/ Lack of braking markers will be a real problem for people trying to learn this track & will make it very hard in the race when following another car, having said that EXPECT CARNAGE here & lots of it i think.

Having said that we are all in the same boat & it is a challenge trying to learn it & then once i do that i may be able to think about tweaking a setup for it. I Don't think there will be many overtaking opportunity's. Rolling Eyes
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 11/28/2010, 8:36 am

There appear to be to Sydney 500 Tracks one being http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Sydney%20500 The other being The FVR Version at http://www.mediafire.com/?mjjorgggxqm

Going to have a look today and compare but would like some feedback from whoever has time

Benny
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD 11/28/2010, 8:49 am

Benny wrote:There appear to be to Sydney 500 Tracks one being http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Sydney%20500 The other being The FVR Version at http://www.mediafire.com/?mjjorgggxqm

Going to have a look today and compare but would like some feedback from whoever has time

Benny

I didnt realise there was 2 versions lol, i thought it was only the FVR. I will give it a go tonight and give some feedback Ben.
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 11/28/2010, 9:23 am

Cool had a very quick look the non FVR version has brake markers etc so might be worth a go. Haven't done any amount of lap to test properly yet.

They are both on the server any admin can switch between the two to test online. The first track is set as Homebush not FVR

Benny
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD 11/28/2010, 11:13 am

I did 2 laps on the non FVR version before i left for work and as Benny said it has Brake Markers and is much wider. My opinion is it will be a better version to run. I am not comparing it to the real track just saying for online racing.
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 11/28/2010, 11:53 am

Yeah... I've raced on the non-FVR circuit... while it is not accurate, it is easier to race on.... however, there are few places where the poles are on the inside of the walls.... but you soon work out where they are Suspect

I have done some laps on the FVR version and I don't mind it.... apart from no braking markers Very Happy
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by M1N1K0B3 11/28/2010, 3:13 pm

I would rather race on the real track and with it being that narrow... why not? It is a challenge and it will show who the most precise driver is!

Without brake markers? No big deal... I learnt in F1 sim races with over 20 drivers that the carnage and amount of off-track behaviour and overtaking that brake markers get taken out. Therefore i had to find braking points without using brake markers.

After testing both tracks:

I would love to use the FVR version. I have no problems with the tight and twisty layout and if you think overtaking is impossible here... wait! You haven't seen me race yet! Razz

M1N1K0B3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/28/2010, 4:09 pm

I'm not getting involved as last time I did everyone bitched about my choice.

dev

P.S I'm going away fro a few days to get over things and NOT taking my laptop.

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 11/28/2010, 4:52 pm

I tested both today I do think the DMX one is easier but the FVR isn't to bad.

The FVR is a better layout through the tight corners but the the Grey almost Tarmac coloured walls coming down the straights make it hard to find any form of braking maker. Don't have a problem with the width of the track as it really is like that and on default setups found similar grip levels for the hand full of laps I did on both.

I think the FVR is the winner for me mainly due to being a little more the way I remember the track being. But we have 3 for FVR now will wait till the morning to make a decision based on what people think.

They have WIP2 coming out very soon maybe it will make it this week in time. If it cleans up a few things could be worth running it if available. If it is changes a lot I don't think it is fair to switch just before the meet.

Ben
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD 11/28/2010, 5:11 pm

Well i am not going to say what version i want to run as i am leading the series and it may be seen that i am choosing a track that i prefer. However in future i think the tracks need to be chosen at the start of a series so everyone can practice and is aware of the tracks well in advance & makes our league look a bit more proffesionally run. Come to think of it i don't even need to run the last round, lol. JD
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by M1N1K0B3 11/28/2010, 5:35 pm

Well we all know we are going to use FVR tracks for every race unless they haven't made one of there is an obvious better version for the track.

Anyway, dev have fun on your going away trip.

I think the FVR version is a better choice! Very Happy

And if we are able to ask them, in their new WIP2... are they including brake markers?

M1N1K0B3

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD 11/28/2010, 6:34 pm

M1N1K0B3 wrote:Well we all know we are going to use FVR tracks for every race unless they haven't made one of there is an obvious better version for the track.

Anyway, dev have fun on your going away trip.

I think the FVR version is a better choice! Very Happy

And if we are able to ask them, in their new WIP2... are they including brake markers?

Well i strongly disagree on using FVR tracks for mods other than the FVR V8 mod as they built the FVR tracks around the physics of there FVR V8mod and only offer the grip level too suit that mod. They are very slippery and unrealistic in other mods such as ORSM V8s & often way too narrow compared to the real tracks. Most community's that run ORSM V8s only use the FVR tracks until another is available. This is simply my opinion.
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 11/28/2010, 6:58 pm

I am the same where I wouldn't always choose the FVR tracks specially when they are unfinished. The Gold Coast was a good example where the one that has been around years was far better and I wouldn't have even thought about using the FVR track in it's current form if it wasn't the only one available.

The other Problem with FVR tracks as like this week and Townsville they have a habit of releasing a new version the week of the event an sometimes make it difficult to get the older one the day before our event. The Townsville that came out this year two days before our race and was completely different and it wouldn't have been fair to switch it a couple of days out from the event when people had been practicing for up to a month before.

Unfortunately we have had three out of the last four races where we hadn't planned enough in advance regarding tracks. With Queensland it wasn't a good track but was the only one available in the current layout. Symmons and Sydney Was completely my fault as I wasn't aware there were two options available leading into the event. Also with everything that has happened in the last two months it was an oversight. But next season the tracks will be up a long way in advance

Benny
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/29/2010, 2:30 pm

Oversights like this are not good for leagues. Next season will be alot more organized as we will have had practice on all version of the tracks (or at least I will have).

Hopefully there will be a definitive list that will be used over the entire season regardless of updates (FVR should have updated their Homebush by then and from what I have heard it will be impressive).

As you may have noticed I said I wouldn't be taking my laptop but decided I would in the end to keep up with things. lol. (I'm a sucker for punishment.)

If the other admin agree on this I would like to hear it. If not shout your objections (not literally. Well you could but none of would hear them. Haha.)

Well I'm off to go do the NZV8 points since someone who shall remain nameless (Benny) said he would the other day. lol.

dev

P.S This vacation is really awesome. Never been to Queenstown before. It's really nice down here.

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 11/29/2010, 3:14 pm

Have every intention of doing them just ended up working most of yesterday with three customers offices being flooded over the weekend and computers under water everywhere. At work today and tonight but planned on doing it when I got home

Ben
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/29/2010, 4:03 pm

Haha. I was just needling you Benny. lol.

I've got some sense of humor back (well I did say some).

dev

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 11/29/2010, 4:12 pm

Cool Thanks for doing them just been stuffed with work with the floods over the weekend.

TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD 11/30/2010, 11:28 am

OK as it is getting very close to this race meeting i am going to make the decision that we will run the FVR version as it appears thats what everyone wants. Bring on the carnage, lol.

2 x 25 lap races CPS for 4 tyres in both races.

Qual is at 8pm AESDT, 7pm QLD, 10pm NZ for 20 mins then a 10 min warmup/break period.

Get the track HERE. http://www.mediafire.com/?mjjorgggxqm
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 11/30/2010, 12:26 pm

Thanks JD sorry been flat out with work didn't get home till to late to chuck it up I will fix the server tonight as soon as I get home. It currently has both on it can switch to FVR if it's not up when you log on by going to next track

Ben
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD 11/30/2010, 2:29 pm

Benny wrote:Thanks JD sorry been flat out with work didn't get home till to late to chuck it up I will fix the server tonight as soon as I get home. It currently has both on it can switch to FVR if it's not up when you log on by going to next track

Ben

NP mate, i thought you must have been busy.
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by M1N1K0B3 12/1/2010, 11:08 pm

I think we made the right decision Very Happy

M1N1K0B3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/2/2010, 11:27 am

I'm looking forward to this event on Saturday night. Havnt touched the car as of yet and I dont get home until tomorrow to try it. lol.

I've got rFactor on my laptop but no wheel where I am atm. lol

dev

Back to top Go down

Post by M1N1K0B3 12/2/2010, 5:31 pm

use a gamepad or keyboard Razz

M1N1K0B3

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 12/2/2010, 10:32 pm

Did some practice tonight got use to track and managed to get down to high 1m27 with race fuel load on. Tuff track though found it very difficult to dial in a setup that works for more than five laps.

Can't make first race but hopefully there for race 2 on Saturday as my wife book us in for a christmas BBQ thing, if I give it a miss and race or push her to be home in time well let's just say I'll be free to race at night time any of night the week as I will have no other night time activities to keep me occupied

Ben
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/3/2010, 3:35 pm

Well just had a short run on this track. Gotta say I hope the WIP2 will be better than this one.

Went from a 1:37.2 to a 1:29.something with a very basic setup. Main place I struggle with is the final sector and the first corner. lol.

I'll be online later from 8pm Vic time so feel free to come laugh at my miserable attempts at lap times.

dev

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 12/4/2010, 9:24 am

There Server has been setup with password for tonight and also with private qual (have tested and found what i was doing wrong in setup) due to the nature of the track.

As Said early won't make first race bt should be there for race 2.
Benny
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 12/4/2010, 4:04 pm

G'day,

In a similar situation, I'm booked into a christmas gatho, so will be hopefully online later for a calm, relaxed second race.

Have raced a bit on a public server so getting some great consistent laptimes. Only problem is finding that setup with the perfect compromise.

Webbo
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/4/2010, 4:21 pm

Guys I hope you can be there tonight.

dev

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin_GTS 12/4/2010, 7:58 pm

What is the password guys???

V8SFG-Justin here, havent raced with you guys for ages!

Justin_GTS

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 12/4/2010, 8:17 pm

Have pm password
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum