Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
post Hockenheim Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
post Hockenheim Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
post Hockenheim Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
post Hockenheim Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
post Hockenheim Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
post Hockenheim Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
post Hockenheim Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
post Hockenheim Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
post Hockenheim Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
post Hockenheim Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

post Hockenheim

+9
TTR Benny
Kakswell
Shazam
Wally26
peter308
Webber
DV_8
shaynskyline
BillyBob
13 posters

Go down

post Hockenheim Empty post Hockenheim

Post by BillyBob 1/22/2012, 9:32 pm

Not a bad race all in all the volvo is a forgiving thing.
I noticed on the replay that during a lose early on in the race i tagged kakswell which i didnt realise at the time... should've redressed that one... sorry kakswell!
BillyBob
BillyBob
Financial Contributor

Back to top Go down

post Hockenheim Empty Re: post Hockenheim

Post by shaynskyline 1/22/2012, 10:33 pm

Well im glad that is over lol.

Qualified pretty low on the grid for where i had been in practice. Just couldnt get back to the times that i was getting. Only went fast enough for 9th.

Race started ok, i gave Kakswell a tap going into turn 1 but he kept going. Looks worse on replay than it felt in race so maybe im guilty there.
What can i say.

Got into 7th by the second chicane, and some people were sprawled across the start of the stadium section, so i picked up a couple there. Now in 5th spot. Chasing CortyGT in an M3. I dont know why, how or what the hell is going on, but the M3s were so fast at this track. I didnt have to chase Corty for long, he came off in one of the chicanes. This gave me fourth spot chasing Racer who was 7 seconds ahead already. Its only lap 5.

On lap 8 Wally seemed to have come unstuck in stadium and i slid past him into 3rd place. Awesomes! Racer is now 9 seconds ahead. LOL.
A lap and a half later GrpCa had been catching, met with much swearing by me. Nothing i hate more than a faster guy behind you, chasing you down and no matter what you do you cant keep a distance. So i screwed the chicane on lap 10 and GrpcA took 3rd place.

From there i just watched the gap grow on the LCD to him. By lap 15 he was 5 seconds clear of me. And basically getting away by a second a lap from then on. So i accepted that i am not gonna catch a super fast driver, in a car that is faster than mine.

I just had to concentrate on keeping Wally at bey. this took all of my concentration. Early on he was lingering around 3-4 seconds behind me, sometimes down to 2.5 which is not a nice feeling. But i was making a bit of time through the stadium. He wasnt closing as fast as i feared on the straights, so i could keep ahead. Late in the race he had dropped off and i think i saw 8 seconds at one point.

By the last lap GrpCa was 17 seconds ahead. And the leading M3's, almost a minute up the road. Jees.

Came in for 4th place. Sweating bullets. Intense race against the clock. Didnt mind being by myself most of the race.

Well done to Billy for getting to the end, nice to not be sabotaged by yur connection eh?

Sorry again to Kakswell. Shano what happened man?

Oh, hai thar Zolder!!!

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by DV_8 1/22/2012, 11:15 pm

Safe to say I had a shocker.
Qualifying
11th had a really good second sector, the third sector was quite bad. But I wasn't really that concerned with qualifying.
Race
8th Managed to get through one corner before taking a trip to the fence, just a racing incident not much room on offer. Ended up with some damage unsure as too how much it had an effect on my lap times. I rejoined in last and gradually worked my way up. My lap times were not good at all but I was gradually improving before my game decided to start freezing through the second chicane it did it for maybe 4 laps or so and thats it. I was probably loosing around 3 seconds a lap. Come the last lap I noticed Kakswell slowing right down he must of had a big hit. I think I had to make up 20 seconds but I fell 1 second short.
I actually think I know what my freezing problems could be linked too and will try to sort it out when I get a chance.
DV_8
DV_8

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 1/22/2012, 11:21 pm

So i was checking out the stats from the race, and its no wonder Webber finished about 24 seconds clear of everyone.

Every one of his laps bar 1 were in the 11's. In an M3. This just puts most of us to shame.
Im not underestimating the M3, i know its quick, but to be that consistent, is just mind boggling.

I couldnt get back into the 11s on a qualifying setup. And this guy's doing it on race setup, for 24 laps.

Well done man. Cant match that.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 1/23/2012, 12:28 am

Take a cold shower mate! It's not putting anyone to shame, it's mostly the M3.

Being able to hold higher corner speeds and then draft down the straight is a great advantage. Then the stadium section is game over. It's easier to keep an underpowered car consistent too, much harder for Vulva / Mustang / Turbo car owners.

That combined with sharing responsibility for GCA running wide in the stadium complex on Lap 1. Just looked at the replay and sorry mate. I didn't tap him, but I was holding a line whilst braking that was a bit diagonal, I think the M3's formula 1 style brakes surprised his flying brick and he had to swerve a bit. Impressive recovery from Group C though, very entertaining to watch.

Wally26 special mention for being very unlucky, it's extremely hard to run a perfect race in a heavy powerful car at a track like this. Hope he continues to be a new force up the front in the series.

I was very attached to the Rothmans Commode, and the #17 DJR Sierra and I had reluctant respect for each other, but... Not in love with the M3 yet.

Looking forward to seeing how this class filled field goes at tighter tracks!
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by peter308 1/23/2012, 12:41 am

hey and well done to all
sounds like it was an awsome night sorry for the quick piss off last night guy's but had some family issue's and spent most of the night in hospital finger crossed my nanna will pull though and since i was not here billy your welcome to the volvo i will choose somthing else now i have a week to get the hang off it think it was my stuff up in sls the caused the problem so im thinking m3 maybe not sure cheers all

peter308

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 1/23/2012, 7:39 am

peter308 wrote:had some family issue's and spent most of the night in hospital finger crossed my nanna

All the best wishes mate, I spent a lot of my young life with my nan and was devistated when she passed.

post Hockenheim Hock_r10
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 1/23/2012, 8:24 am

Help! Benny
for some reason sls thinks that shaz and i are the only people registered properly in correct cars hence no-one else is in the results, can you look at it please when you get the time
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by Shazam 1/23/2012, 11:12 am

Qual: 2.15 something. Happy with that as that equals my best time in practice.

Race: Got off to a slow start which put me at the back of everyone but I got past all the cars that were crashing and spinning off at T1 and T2. People were asking for a RS.
No Noooooooooo, I am going ok.

Restart: Got off to a better start and I am just after mid-field coming into T2, the car in front nearly stops, (probaly so he won't hit the car in front of him) I have a choice, hit him or go off onto the grass, I take going off onto the grass option of course. Have to wait while cars go past so I am once again at the back of the field. The next 2 laps I stuffed also until I got my act together.

Lap 10, T2, I must have come in too quick and just clipped the chicane and rolled it. As luck would have it though, I landed right way up on the track facing the right way. Did supsenion damage and had to adjust my driving a bit ( lost the front of my car and dented the top also) but didn't need to pit.

Went a bit wide around T1 just as Webber was blue flagging me and then hit the grass and slid from one side of the track to the other side and then back again before getting back on track so to speak.

Lap 19, there is a red car warping in front of me and then behind me. Very distracting.

Lap 20, the red car warps in front, no wait he is behind, no he is beside me on T2. I didn't want to hit him so I go onto the grass a bit ,but wait he is now behind me, no he is in front of me again, no he is behind. I know this is not the drivers fault but very hard to drive when it happens right near you.

For laps 18, 19 & 20 I am in 10th postion but then go to 11th without anyone passing me. Stupid warping!!!!!

10th or 11th doesn't really matter, I finished. 11th out of 17.

5 drivers didn't finish the race. I made it though, did the 50mins without a pit so I am pleased with how I did.

Sharyn
Shazam
Shazam

Back to top Go down

Post by Kakswell 1/23/2012, 11:32 am

DV_8 wrote:Safe to say I had a shocker.
Qualifying
11th had a really good second sector, the third sector was quite bad. But I wasn't really that concerned with qualifying.
Race
8th Managed to get through one corner before taking a trip to the fence, just a racing incident not much room on offer. Ended up with some damage unsure as too how much it had an effect on my lap times. I rejoined in last and gradually worked my way up. My lap times were not good at all but I was gradually improving before my game decided to start freezing through the second chicane it did it for maybe 4 laps or so and thats it. I was probably loosing around 3 seconds a lap. Come the last lap I noticed Kakswell slowing right down he must of had a big hit. I think I had to make up 20 seconds but I fell 1 second short.
I actually think I know what my freezing problems could be linked too and will try to sort it out when I get a chance.

hey mate, i just watched the replay on the start.. and i think i caused ur crash, when i was rejoining from shayns bump off into the grass .. i had a look rite and saw no one so i slowly pulled in but as i done u where carrying more speed and uve come up with out me noticing to about my wing mirror and ive made contact sorry mate!! i didnt even notice i had bumped anyone off i mean i felt that i rub some one but when i look rite there was a car on the far side of the track so figured it must of been him!

Kakswell

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/23/2012, 1:12 pm

Hey guys.
Sorry I didnt make it last night, we had a couple of fires out here that are suspected to be lit by an arsonist at about 5pm. I got the call at 5:45pm to go and help and I didnt get home till 7:30am this morning.

Kind of shattered that I missed it, but kind of not as I wasn't really enjoying Hockenheim at all lol.

Congrats to Webber. No surprises there mate!

Shayn - 1st of the non alien finishes, well done there mate.

I dont think I could've done much better than 4th myself, so yeh. Bring on Zolder methinks. Hopefully people stop lighting fires and I can make this one!

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 1/23/2012, 2:07 pm

Where abouts is out here mozza Im out at sunbury
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/23/2012, 2:11 pm

Otways Benny.
All under control now though!

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 1/23/2012, 3:11 pm

No penalties this race but stern warnings for everyone to watch re entries after crashes please

next track is on server
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 1/23/2012, 4:48 pm

Great nights racing all, was good to see a big field and competitive racing Smile

Qual - I managed a PB which left me just 0.114sec shy of Webber's pole lap

Race - Got a great start, GroupC got a better one though and he led through turn 1. I just clipped the kerb at Turn 1 which allowed Webber to sneak by, and Wally came past as well. I sat on the tail of these three throughout lap 1, and when GrpC unfortunatly slid off at the entry to the stadium, i was right behind Wally and Webber.

They had a good dice for the first two laps, Webber snuck under Wally in the stadium on lap 2, and i followed him through at the last corner. On the drag to the first Chicane Wally got past me but Webber managed to hold the lead and took off from there.

I had a great dice with Wally, he would pull away on the straights, i'd catch him at the stadium. I got past him in the stadium and Wally would outdrag me down to the first chicane, really good fun racing. I got under Wally at the final corner, and unfortunatly Wally spun while trying i think to cut back underneath me on the exit.

By that time Webber was 9secs up the road. The gap stayed pretty constant for the next few laps, until i clipped a kerb in the stadium which put me up on two wheels and nearly rolled over, once i recovered Webber was now 14secs ahead, and i knew my slim chances were now totally gone. From there i watched the gap between me and GrpC in third hover around the same mark for the rest of the race as i brought it home second.

Roll on round 2 at Zolder Smile
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BillyBob 1/23/2012, 5:42 pm

peter308 wrote:billy your welcome to the volvo i will choose somthing else now i have a week to get the hang off it think it was my stuff up in sls the caused the problem so im thinking m3 maybe not sure cheers all

No prob pete... i was going to run a 635 (as there are none??) if u fell in love with the volvo .
BillyBob
BillyBob
Financial Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by shano 1/23/2012, 6:37 pm

yeah not a good 1 for me lol...

settled in behind grpc after moving over to let team boss through lol... didnt want to get into a battle as new following would bring me closer to shayn which was workin for a while till i peared shaped it in chicane and pulled the pin...

had corty all over me for the whole time which was mint as...

see ya all durin week ... wd to top 3 and to every1 else that finished... was a mint turn out..

mozza a big day wit the with both fire hoses bro LOL...
shano
shano

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlsy 1/23/2012, 7:16 pm

had an absolute shocker, really struggling to get used to the m3 and the curbs here were a tad nasty. ran off and hit a wall on about lap 8 or something and car was broken. not sure if ill make next sunday, going 4wd ing up vic high country. anyway better go and get myself some more practise in the beemer.

Berlsy

Back to top Go down

Post by groupcaction 1/23/2012, 9:26 pm

Hadn't really turned a wheel around here... Thanks to teammate Shano who passed on a pretty sweet setup...
Quali: I was happy to set a PB which i ended up 3rd on the grid behind the giant killing M3's of Webber n Racer.

Race: Got a demon start & split the two M3's down to turn 1... i thought from there i could maybe manage the M3's behind me with my extra HP down the straight but Webber got passed me and when i got a run on him down the next straight i outbroke myself and spun off the road. (Not your fault at all Webb, i moved over to avoid tagging you & taking you with me).

I gathered it up only to be back in 10th... From there i forgot about a podium and just cleared my mind to do a Quali lap every lap an see where we end up. I ended up picking off a few & i was hoping Shano was gonna stick on my tail & give good ol' Shayn a hurry up in a Volvo Monster attack hahaha
But Shano i heard blew a turbo trying to wind to much boost outa the poor girl hahaha she'll be fitted with a new turbo for Zolder... Look out kids!! hahahaha

I ended up spending the last 20mins pretty much lapping the same times as Racer in 2nd and i came home a surprise 3rd after my 1st lap mishap.

WD Webber, wd Racer & special mention to Wally n Shayn... Both drove extremely well. The Volvo was surprisingly good in the stadium area with good turn in grip and seemed to be great under power so its given me hope for the tighter tracks starting this weekend at Zolder...

The Volvo attack showed its teeth, its now ready to eat you M3's

..... i hope hahahahaha Very Happy

groupcaction
groupcaction

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 1/24/2012, 8:06 am

shaynskyline wrote:So i was checking out the stats from the race, and its no wonder Webber finished about 24 seconds clear of everyone.

Every one of his laps bar 1 were in the 11's. In an M3. This just puts most of us to shame.
Im not underestimating the M3, i know its quick, but to be that consistent, is just mind boggling.

I couldnt get back into the 11s on a qualifying setup. And this guy's doing it on race setup, for 24 laps.

Well done man. Cant match that.

Webber puts in a lot of practise and if you watch him is line perfect every lap, quite fun to watch him actually.

Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 1/24/2012, 1:01 pm

Lol, I'm not questioning his dedication or practice methods.

I'm just admiring his consistency and skills.

I guess its not how long you practice, but more the kind of practice you do.
The reason you won't find me on TS during the week.

I've strayed from the technique you suggested Wally, so I will be returning to that.

I'm glad the bar has been set fairly high already.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by peter308 1/26/2012, 11:43 pm

Wally26 wrote:
peter308 wrote:had some family issue's and spent most of the night in hospital finger crossed my nanna

All the best wishes mate, I spent a lot of my young life with my nan and was devistated when she passed.

post Hockenheim Hock_r10

Cheers wally

peter308

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum