Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Round 2 Race - Zolder Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Round 2 Race - Zolder Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Round 2 Race - Zolder Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Round 2 Race - Zolder Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Round 2 Race - Zolder Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Round 2 Race - Zolder Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Round 2 Race - Zolder Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Round 2 Race - Zolder Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Round 2 Race - Zolder Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Round 2 Race - Zolder Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Round 2 Race - Zolder

+8
shano
BillyBob
TTR Benny
Webber
DV_8
David Paterson
Wally26
shaynskyline
12 posters

Go down

Post Round 2 Race - Zolder Empty Post Round 2 Race - Zolder

Post by shaynskyline 1/29/2012, 9:06 pm

What a race eh? How'd you go?

Pro Tip: If you get pushed into the sand with a broken bumper on T1, dont just call a restart and sit there waiting for it, feeling sorry for yourself. Get going! It might not come.

Qualifying: I think i got a low 47. Which is not my best, but, i haven't been able to get back to my best all week. So, eh. Managed 8th. Infront of Setvo in the other Alfa. Yay! lol.

Race :

Got away well and was being uber careful going into turn 1, as i knew the corner had no grip at all out wide and i didnt wanna wreck any one's race early.
I think Billy went wide and when he tried to get back on the line he came across and cleaned me up. No matter, i called a restart as Stevo, Nuty and couple other guys were spun around also. Restart didnt happen, i saw Stevo peel off from the sand we were in, so i had to chase him. We were last.

From then on, for half the race i was chasing down Setvo who had gotten away abit. Was going as fast as i could for 14 laps and finally got in close enough to make a move on him in the other Alfa. He made an error in the forest section and i squeezed by coming into the home straight.
Chased down Benny and got by him a few laps later with Setvo chasing hard. Had to keep it real clean as he always stayed close.

By lap 25 i was getting lapped by CortyGT in an M3. Im gonna have to come to grips with the fact that these little cars are faster than i am. So im not so upset when i see them crushing me into the dirt. With M3s winning the first 2 races on completely different racetracks, its not looking good. Well for them it is. lol. WD Corty.

So having let him by, Setvo was really close now and i was getting a little worried about my tires. It was getting messy. He got be me on the same lap, and in the same corner i got him earlier. Too good.
I made a couple digs at him in the last two laps, but i couldn't get him back. I came through to finish in 7th place. Coming from dead last, im not completely shattered with this result, but had i not had to sift through the field, maybe i coulda challenged more closely.

Like i said though, dont wait for something to happen lol, go get it.

Well done to Corty for winning, the two Volvos of GrpcA and Billy for the podiums. Congrats to Wally too. Nice job getting that thing up in fifth.

No hard feelings Billy, even though you destroyed my race. Haha. Im joking mate. Great to see you in the top section.

Mostly to Stevo, made it worth going on with the race. Nice chase and some close scuffles. I'm glad there's another Alfa in the field.

Hopefully a better result next week. Cya's

Last edited by shaynskyline on 1/29/2012, 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post Round 2 Race - Zolder Empty Re: Post Round 2 Race - Zolder

Post by Wally26 1/29/2012, 9:26 pm

Post Round 2 Race - Zolder Zond_r10

These are pre replay results only.
Well done to top guys

Weights for next round:
racer69 -72
GroupCAction 63
CortyGT -45
Billy bob -36
Wally26 -18

Last edited by Wally26 on 1/30/2012, 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by David Paterson 1/29/2012, 9:29 pm

Well that was a bloody disaster! My worst online race ever!

Just before the start i heard some chat that we were going to have a 5 lap sprint before the big race, so i dumped a heap of fuel! Got a great start and gained a couple of places, then at turn 2 all hell broke loose and cars were spinning everywhere! A BMW was flying backwards across the track and straight into to my path, i cut a tyre and limped around to the pits, forgetting to turn off the damage repairs, so a 40 second stop ensued.

A couple of laps later, i made a silly error and headbutted the wall, cutting another tyre, so back to the pits. After my second stop, I was miles behind and then ran out of fuel, no 5 lap sprint, it's 50 laps! TTR Spaz ran into my stricken car and in an incredible act of sportsmanship and generosity, pushed me all the way back to the pits, costing himself untold time! Cheers mate, huge thanks!

I then fuelled up and rejoined, two laps down. After quite a while, another error put me in the fence and destroyed another tyre! I limped back to the pits, but now the car was handling very badly, seriously twitchy and pulling to one side. I was having a lot of trouble keeping it on the track and repeadtedly fell off while fast cars where behind me. I hope I didn't freak anyone out too much. I thought about parking it, but I'm no quitter, so i just plugged on and had to drive very slowly just to stay on the track. Sad
David Paterson
David Paterson

Back to top Go down

Post by DV_8 1/29/2012, 9:36 pm

The one that got away. The laptop charger decided not too work so I had a low battery pop us message which closed the rfactor window. This caused me to have a huge collision with the fence which destroyed my car. I was in 3rd place at the time with less than 10 minutes to go.

Qualifying
5th, I was pretty happy with that not too far off the other m3 drivers.

Race
9th, I ran a little wide into turn one I saw a Volvo spin in front of me and I got a hit from behind. Out of it all I ended up in 6th behind Wally. We had a great battle for about 4 laps until I got by I lost a fair bit of time but it was a lot of fun. So I was then in 5th and settled into a solid pace. I ended up in 3rd following a few troubles ahead. I was slightly off the pace of the top 2 but I had Billy Bob covered by about 10 seconds with just under 10 minutes to go. Then trouble struck and I had to pit. I spent over a minute in the pits and finished in 9th.
DV_8
DV_8

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 1/29/2012, 9:39 pm

Wow, check out Racer69's fastest race lap time O.O

Some very interesting results, can't wait to read more reports...

On my own part I had no reprieve as first GroupCAction and then CortyGT nibbled at my heels until my computer gave up the ghost! The weights are definitely a good thing Wally, should make for a VERY interesting season.
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 1/29/2012, 10:48 pm

I was never going to be quicker enough to run up the front but had worked in practice just getting the car consistent over the 50mins which I achieved. Got bad start and was luck to get through the turn 1-2 crash I made it through. I settled into my own pace billy bob came up behind me and I didn't fight let him straight through, after a few lap started closing in on spaz and I played follow the leader for 4 or 5 laps. I had more pace than spaz but couldn't find away though. Spaz has a spin and I continued on behind Wally26 I think running around 5th.

I got over taken by racer69 who I put up no fight at all I figured when some closes a 20 sec gap in 5 laps not much point trying to hold him out. Shayn and Stevo also came on past. I spent the race looking after the car and actually ran my fastest lap at the 45 min mark and was extremely happy with myself for making through without scratching at all let alone rubbing any walls. Shouldn't have been thinking about that and just kept going as I was because I then managed to pretty much destroy the car on the second last lap with my only mistake of the night.

Managed to limp the car around for the lap and half to the finish and hold on to my current position. I completed probably over 75% of the race within .5 of sec o each other and consistency in these cars is something I normally can't achieve so really happy with my result

Really enjoyed myself I wish I could run more of the Sunday races in there full but comes down to what time my wife gets home from work and what the kids are like during the race.
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 1/29/2012, 10:52 pm

Hey Shayn did you call over ts as I never heard you then actually didnt during the whole race did you have your mic muted? Might have been why there wasn't a restart
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 1/29/2012, 11:34 pm

Yer i typed it in the chat box. I have mic muted soon as im on the grid. I get distracted easily during races.

Its ok, no one else typed "rs" or "y" in the box after me, so i dont expect a restart for one guy saying it.

Was fair annoyed at the time, cos i was sitting there waiting, but thats my fault, i should have got going quicker.

All good.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by BillyBob 1/30/2012, 6:28 am

That was a pretty good race as i got 3rd.. but a few things helped that alot.
Firstly apologies to shayn for the L1 T1 incident.... i did keep an eye on you as i ploughed my way out of the sand but you didnt move ... thought you blew a tyre. I got wide at T1 and got the grass then the rear broke loose and put me into you... i also expected a restart but no-one was slowing down so i just pushed on.
Also Benny moved over and let me by... not sure why, and the spaz did the same so i picked up two spots there.
Good driving from everyone.. traffic was never a problem.

Congrats to Corty and GroupC and bad luck to webber,,, what happened there??

So A few things contributed to the 3rd pos finish... but still happy for it.
BillyBob
BillyBob
Financial Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 1/30/2012, 6:31 am

Hi guys, run the best race I have had in a while. Not one spin and I was quite pleased with that finishing 5th once again.

Ok restarts! in real life over half the field has to be taken out and/or the entire track blocked. Please be more careful on starts so not to take innocent drivers out of the race.

Penalties.
V8-Video, Warning for not readressing and letting Shazam back passed you on lap one. I know you probably just outbraked yourself, thats why no penalty just a warning. Be wary the bigger cars like volvo, mustang and sierra won't have the brakes/handling of the more nimble cars.

racer69 and Billy bob
watch your replays please. Both were really bad on lap 12
I am going to watch again but it is most likely that i will give racer 18 more kilos and billy 9 more kilos at this stage.

A few others were dubious but didn't finish anyway but mostly well behaved their and compared to other leagues everyone drove fantastically. Thanks again guys you keep going beyond to keep it clean and thats what makes TTR.

W26
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 1/30/2012, 7:28 am

at least 4 cars not registered on sls, including billy bob
please do so so that results will show properly
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by shano 1/30/2012, 8:13 am

sounds like i missed a action packed 1 here guys... will return for next round to give ya all that volvo feeling lol... wd to top 3 and all others...
shano
shano

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 1/30/2012, 9:14 am

I fixed Billy Bob nick name was wrong on registration for series must be the same as in game. Kakswell does seem to be registered in sls for me to add him to the series

I re uploaded last weeks as well to fix billy's position in championship
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shazam 1/30/2012, 12:25 pm

Didn't get much practice for this track.

Qual in 14th, got a good start and missed the cars spinning and crashing and was in 10th until someone hit me and and spun me onto the sand. Mad When I got back onto the track I was in 16th. Managed to finish up in 12th after passing a couple of people and some others dropped out.

Happy with how I raced seeing I didn't get the practice.

Sharyn
Shazam
Shazam

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 1/30/2012, 3:52 pm

BillyBob wrote:Good driving from everyone.. traffic was never a problem.

I'll echo that, very courteous driving from everyone throughout the night, especially the lapped drivers.

shano wrote:will return for next round to give ya all that volvo feeling lol...

Will be great to have you back Shano Smile

Now we've just got to get Mozza out there this series Smile

-------------------------------------------

My race;

QUAL - Had a decent run in qualifying, after two runs i was in third place, about half a second behind the leaders and half a second infront of 4th, so was happy enough leading into the race.

RACE - Got a good enough start but probably hung back too much braking for turn 1 which allowed a quick starting Kakswell underneath, and then with pressure from Corty at turn 2 i slid wide which dropped me to 7th. On lap 2 i was right behind DV8 in 6th when i lost it onto the back straight and hit the wall, giving me a puncture.

I pitted at the end of lap 2 to change the tyre, and then just drove the balls off the M3 for the rest of the race, driving most of them like qualifying laps. I was able to make my way through the field, and Towards the end i caught Wally which was a tough job despite the Mustang not really being suited to the track, and then i was after Billybob, who was just abit too far ahead. I had a lose on the second last lap which made me relax abit and i just cruised to the end, very happy with 4th given the circumstances.

Roll on Nurburgring next weekend.
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by groupcaction 1/30/2012, 4:57 pm

That was a great race... Love Zolder... i real drivers circuit with abit of every sort of corner.

Volvo felt better with alittle bit of ballast in it haha

Quali: I reeled off a pb to be a shade off Webbers time, great lap Webber... Always is the Quali king and again he showed he is ultra fast in that session.

Race: Got so so getaway and tried to out drag Webber down to one... from there it was a great battle for the first 20 or so laps, Corty, Webber & myself involved in a lap by lap battle... Sometimes someone would get away next lap they'd strike traffic etc etc.

Webber unfortunatly had a DNF which left me n Corty to battle for the lead... The last 5-6laps the Mercs tyres had run there race and i cooled my pace to take home a 2nd.

WD Corty, great race mate... Fantastic speed in the race that wasnt apparent in Quali, job well done!!

Looking forward to the Ring... Volvo will be exciting around here i hope, even though it might tip the scales at over 2tonne now hahahahaha Love a challenge and this car is very much that!!

Extra special mention to everyone, not one problem with any backmarkers what so ever, for a field that size it was great to have a clean race!!

shano wrote:sounds like i missed a action packed 1 here guys... will return for next round to give ya all that volvo feeling lol... wd to top 3 and all others...

Hahahaha was wondering where my teammate was!!! We coulda swept the podium Shano with the Volvo attack... Looking forward to seein you back on track champ!!
groupcaction
groupcaction

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/30/2012, 7:46 pm

racer69 wrote:
Now we've just got to get Mozza out there this series Smile

Mozza is around. We'll see how we go this weekend dude.
Fingers crossed I'm not busy.
What track is this round?

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 1/30/2012, 8:17 pm

Nuerberg . . . sprint version. Its still fair long tho.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/30/2012, 8:21 pm

Oh yeh. I did see that, and completely didn't even think of it.
The sprint version isnt that long though.... All good though.
Thanks Shayn, you big man lover, you!

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 1/30/2012, 8:25 pm

wow.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/30/2012, 8:32 pm

Dammit. We dont have a kiss emoticon!!! Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by CortyGT 1/30/2012, 10:30 pm

Well what a suprize !! to come up with a win here Very Happy

Didnt have the best qually car here being off the pace about 1sec.
May have found half a sec with a better lap ??
But throw a load of fuel in and Wow made a great, stable race car.
Probably one of the best race performances from me, keeping a clear, cool head.
Unlucky for Webber dropping out Shocked I feel your pain as my PC drops to Desktop from time 2 time in races but after a few seconds comes back to race ??
Dont know whats going there but anyway.......

What a battle Webber, Groupcaction and myself had cheers
CortyGT
CortyGT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BillyBob 1/31/2012, 9:15 pm

TTR Benny wrote:I fixed Billy Bob nick name was wrong on registration for series must be the same as in game. Kakswell does seem to be registered in sls for me to add him to the series

I re uploaded last weeks as well to fix billy's position in championship

ok that explains the volvo stuff up with peter308 as i registered this early on... every other series will also be wrong
BillyBob
BillyBob
Financial Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 1/31/2012, 10:27 pm

Yep bob you have to put the nick name same as your rfactor name including capitals etc
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down