Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Round 6 - Knockhill (July 7) Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Round 6 - Knockhill (July 7) Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Round 6 - Knockhill (July 7) Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Round 6 - Knockhill (July 7) Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Round 6 - Knockhill (July 7) Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Round 6 - Knockhill (July 7) Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Round 6 - Knockhill (July 7) Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Round 6 - Knockhill (July 7) Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Round 6 - Knockhill (July 7) Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Round 6 - Knockhill (July 7) Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Round 6 - Knockhill (July 7)

+5
Chris Donnelly
David Paterson
TTR-Chrisrx
TTR Benny
shaynskyline
9 posters

Go down

Round 6 - Knockhill (July 7) Empty Round 6 - Knockhill (July 7)

Post by shaynskyline 7/6/2013, 1:39 pm

Some noob idled in the server for too long and kicked it over to Mallory again.

Tried advancing it but Mallory just keeps on coming up.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Round 6 - Knockhill (July 7) Empty Re: Round 6 - Knockhill (July 7)

Post by TTR Benny 7/6/2013, 10:27 pm

Sorry Forgot to post before all fixed
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR-Chrisrx 7/8/2013, 7:22 am

great racing guys, had some awesome battles with gca in first race and shayno and others in the 2nd race. so hard to get a good run to overtake cleanly so capitalising on mistakes was huge here.
TTR-Chrisrx
TTR-Chrisrx

Back to top Go down

Post by David Paterson 7/8/2013, 9:13 am

Good fun in the first race, had some people to run with for a change but i ruined my race & Grunter67s when i tapped him into a spin at the hairpin and lost 10s waiting for him to recover in order to redress.

Second race I ran wide around the back and fell off in the first lap, almost ended up getting t-boned. After that I ran around by myself, just having the odd dice with other people who had run into trouble. Ultimately, I was lapped by the entire field!

Very narrow track and not a lot of room to let the quick guys through to lap me, especially when they are in bunch. Still good fun though. Smile
David Paterson
David Paterson

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Donnelly 7/8/2013, 12:04 pm

A difficult night last night for the polka-dot colourblind test BMW.  Felt I had reasonable pace (not CortyGT pace, just reasonable pace), but was no where near as consistent as I was at Mallory Park.

Thanks to Fez who kindly shared some setup advice with me in Thursday practice, we both bounced setup ideas off each other that night trying to help each other to go quicker.

Qually was OK, 6th was about where I'd expected to end up, the pressure of nailing a lap in a 10 minute session is very high!!

I had a great race with DV8 in Race 1, poor bloke had to deal with my errant BMW in front of him!!  Very fair racing, great first lap exchange and very enjoyable.  Race 2, on the opening lap I was was trying not to hit Grunter67 in the Corolla up the backside through turns 1-3, being patient, and I got dated and turned around and it took me an age to get going again.  I had lost my TS connection and had no way of communicating my request for a restart, so had to suck it up and get on with it.  I had some great racing with Dean, Racer69, Fez, new bloke Dan in the Green and Blue BMW (got turned around at the hairpin but that one was probably a 50/50 because I may have turned in on him.....). I hit my good mate Patto twice (sorry mate) whilst out of control and had to readdress, so learnt a few good lessons about consistency last night. You can't win these things making so many mistakes!

Massive thanks to the sportsmanship of FCDean who pushed me across the line at the end of Race 2 when I ran out of fuel coming down into the last hairpin......  Finished 9th, on the lead lap, but should have been a lot higher based on the speed I had.

An eventful night, made difficult by my rubbish connection at home, still great fun, can't wait for the next one!
Chris Donnelly
Chris Donnelly

Back to top Go down

Post by menthol369 7/8/2013, 2:31 pm

sorry about that chris, your car disappeared as we went towards the last hairpin, then reappeared right infront of me mid corner!

i forgot how fun this was, wheres the next track?

menthol369

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler 7/8/2013, 2:51 pm

Silverstone 1988
Growler
Growler

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR-Chrisrx 7/8/2013, 5:33 pm

how good is this season, good mix of cars and consistent fields in the 15 to 20 odd.
TTR-Chrisrx
TTR-Chrisrx

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 7/8/2013, 6:04 pm

What a round.

I think during the week i did around 500 laps. No srsly, it was close to 500. Which is a little wrong haha.

Best i managed in Qualifying was a 54.6 i think on the very last lap which put me in third.

Race 1 went really well, started behind Racer and Corty. Was chasing them for a while then Racer fell off the end of the chicane and i was behind Corty. He and i built up a 7 second lead pretty quickly but he was always too far ahead to catch up. I think the closest i got was 1.4 seconds late in the race. He's just too fast. Second spot for me.

Race 2 we started at the back of the grid which is pretty scary haha. Everything was bunched up for a long time, but Corty managed to get further down the road earlier and was up the front pretty quick. I got stuck behind a few people in the early stages and couldnt find a decent way to pass out of about 7th spot.

Most of the race is a little blurry haha, and my replay didnt save. I managed to stay with the bunch and made most of my passes in or around the hairpin.
Sorry to Berlsy and Fez for ramming those two on the hairpin. The makeshift ABS didnt always slow me up as fast as i had hoped lol. Thankfully they didnt spin and i didnt have to yield spots. Haha.

Later in the race i was running 5th behind AusChris and BillyBob. We were slowly dragging Billy in as the laps were running out. I wanted 3rd spot. Billy must have came loose a couple times and we caught him up. I was behind him for about 4 laps until he spun it around on the hairpin and 3rd place was mine!!!

Could i chase down AusChris? He isnt as fast as Corty i thought, and was making some errors due to tyres. I was wrong, i couldnt catch him. Whenever i caught him a little he regain the gap and then id do something silly out of desperation. Great mid distance battle between me and him, really good racing, even thought we were about 2 seconds.

So glad i chose to race on Hards/Vhards. Tyres held up brilliantly for both races. Not like Mallory.

Corty get stuffed you're too fast. Haha.

Happy with 2nd and 3rd. Im glad the 500 laps and 2 30 lap runs on sunday morning paid off. I didnt spin once, after spinning hundreds of times during the week. Fk Yeah!

Oh thanks DP for always making it easy to pass. Not easy here, thanks. I hate lapping you, but i know you love that Corolla.

Silverstone Yeah!!

Great dices with Berlsy, Fez AusChris too. VEry fair clean racing. I have a feeling V8VP may be a little upset with me, but we gave and took evenly i think.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 7/8/2013, 9:31 pm

Results are up on sls Smile

Great racing and turnout as usual.

Not much to say about my night, qualified well in 2nd, but made too many mistakes in the races with silly errors....always next week.
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DV_8 7/8/2013, 10:00 pm

I was happy to be pretty much on the pace for this round. Qualifying and race 1 went fairly well. Had a bit of bad luck along the way in race 2 but had some fun trying to get through the field.
DV_8
DV_8

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Donnelly 7/9/2013, 11:53 am

Can't wait for the epic slipstreaming duels that should be on at Silverstone!
Chris Donnelly
Chris Donnelly

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR-Chrisrx 7/9/2013, 5:01 pm

be pairing up like nascars at talledega!
TTR-Chrisrx
TTR-Chrisrx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down