Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
TTR VK Cup - Symmons Plains Raceway Post Race.  Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
TTR VK Cup - Symmons Plains Raceway Post Race.  Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
TTR VK Cup - Symmons Plains Raceway Post Race.  Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
TTR VK Cup - Symmons Plains Raceway Post Race.  Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
TTR VK Cup - Symmons Plains Raceway Post Race.  Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
TTR VK Cup - Symmons Plains Raceway Post Race.  Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
TTR VK Cup - Symmons Plains Raceway Post Race.  Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
TTR VK Cup - Symmons Plains Raceway Post Race.  Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
TTR VK Cup - Symmons Plains Raceway Post Race.  Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
TTR VK Cup - Symmons Plains Raceway Post Race.  Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

TTR VK Cup - Symmons Plains Raceway Post Race.

+2
BillyBob
shaynskyline
6 posters

Go down

TTR VK Cup - Symmons Plains Raceway Post Race.  Empty TTR VK Cup - Symmons Plains Raceway Post Race.

Post by shaynskyline 8/14/2011, 10:10 pm

TTR VK Cup - Symmons Plains Raceway Post Race.  Commod10

here we go guys, thought id make a rant thread for the VK Cup.

ill keep it short.

Qualifying.

In practice i was getting 56.4s or there abouts, best was 56.131 but i ended up getting 56.5 or something. Good enough for 7th.

R1.

Finished 6th after hitting the wall facing T1 and turned myself around. Sorry to Shano and Billy for making it a bit scary at that point.

R2.

Started 2nd behind Buz, due to reverse grid, he got away ok, i thought i did too.
Then i got rammed in my passenger door by someone undercutting me and ended off the track struggling to keep it together.
Don't know who it was, didnt watch the replay, doesnt matter who it was, im sure it was an honest misjudgment.
Being pushed off i think i took out BillyBob, so im sorry about that mate, nothing i could do about it.
Re-entered T1 in about 8th and from then on it was a race back to the pack.

If i do say so myself, i was driving very fast and catching up to 6th place Buz, who must've made it out of T1 better than i did. Things were starting to turn around.
After about 18 laps or so i think, i was only 2 seconds of Buz, then the front tyres started to let go on me. I was falling back anyways, so i went in and grabbed some fresh fronts, which only made it worse, as the rears just kept throwing me off.

Limped the stupid beast to the finish line in 7th. Or last. But i won a make-shift race in practice with Billy and Shano. So i will just remember that instead.

Well done to who ever won. Berlsy i think. You guys drive great.

These cars are a bucket of crap, but you get used to it and they are quite enjoyable to drive. GJ on picking them Wally and mods.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

TTR VK Cup - Symmons Plains Raceway Post Race.  Empty TTR VK Cup - Symmons Plains Raceway Post Race

Post by BillyBob 8/15/2011, 6:32 am

Good fun last night. The racing was close but due to stuff ups i took myself out of the mix. The Vk was horrible but at the same time enjoyable here.

As for taking me out shayn dont worry,, i could see you got pushed and the rest was inevitable.. i was more dirty on myself for getting in a panic and looping on the restart losing even more time...
all in all a good result as i did stuff up a few times.

The best racing here for me was in practice with shayn and shano and would have loved to have been in the mix a bit more

Congrats to Berlsey and well done to all
BillyBob
BillyBob
Financial Contributor

Back to top Go down

TTR VK Cup - Symmons Plains Raceway Post Race.  Empty Re: TTR VK Cup - Symmons Plains Raceway Post Race.

Post by shano 8/15/2011, 1:05 pm

first off well done to bersly...

quali got 4th was ok....

race 1 got ok start but ran wide few laps in and went for a tour on the grass...chased wally for a bit but couldnt gain on him... shayn decided to mount a wall and i was busy laughin so pulled up next to him lol... didnt put enough sniff in the tank and ran out last lap lol...

race 2 started 7th and just tried to plod along... got into battle wit wally and buz till buzz went for a picnic in the grass and let us by lol...
from there on in i think myself and wally passed each other at least 50 times lol... he had me in the first half of track but i could get it back on back half...my tyres started to fry badly last half but we both battled on and i must say it is the best battle race i ever had, thanks wally was a awesome battle... we ploughed up to a 2nd and 3rd after i think racer tyres went off ...in the lead up to race had some awesome practice wit billy and shayn... was ace nite i had a ball....
shano
shano

Back to top Go down

TTR VK Cup - Symmons Plains Raceway Post Race.  Empty Re: TTR VK Cup - Symmons Plains Raceway Post Race.

Post by racer69 8/15/2011, 3:46 pm

Had some great fun last night, well done all for a good nights racing Smile

Qualifying went well, chased Wobbly for all of qualifying, couldn't manage to get his time, wound up two tenths behind.

Race 1 - Got a great start but couldn't get Wobbly into the first corner. Wobbly edged away for the first 10 or so laps before he had a moment at turn 1 which allowed me to sneak past, and then defend like hell. Bersly also made it up to third and the trio of us were all over eachother for a few laps. Something happened to Wobbly which left Berlsy all over me for the last few laps, and he pulled a great over/under move on me at the final corner stealing the win.

Race 2 - The reverse grid was great close racing early on between Buz, Wally, Wobbly, Bersly & myself. It wound up wobbly leading Bersly and me. Wobbly went out about mid race, and i was about 1.5secs adrift of Bersly, trying to bridge the gap.. I just couldn't though, and 3 laps from home a miscalculation on my part meant i ran dry of fuel...

Great racing though, and well done Berls on two top drives.
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

TTR VK Cup - Symmons Plains Raceway Post Race.  Empty TTR VK Cup - Symmons Plains Raceway Post Race

Post by Berlsy 8/15/2011, 6:31 pm

awesome fun last night, alot of close and clean racing had a bloody ball

R1 - started from 5th and got passed shano off the start and billy bob when he ran wide at the first turn. had a great battle with racer for the first few laps but him a wobbly slowly pulled away. caught back up to them when they had a coming together with tim. wobbly ran wide on the last turn which put me into 2nd, from there on i had a bloody ball trying to get past racer for the rest of the race. i think he was struggling a bit with cause he was doing a pretty good impression of tokyo drift. pulled the old over and under move on the last lap to snatch the win. got to say that was one of the best races of had for a while, had a bloody blast and was stoked to get a win. cheers

R2 - started 6th, got a great start and found myself running third behind wally coming into the hairpin. got a run on wally and managed to get passed on the pit straight. had some weird stuff going on when my car went inside wally's and tried to make love to it Very Happy . hope it didn't stuff you up mate. got passed buz at the hairpin and managed to pull a little gap on the field until wobbly caught me up. he got passed a couple of laps later and pulled a little gap on me. was just managing to keep pace with wobbly until about half race distance when he ran out of fuel. from there on i just tried to keep a gap on the rest of the field and to look after my tyres

can't wait for next weekend now, looking forward to some more commodore cup action Laughing

Berlsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 8/16/2011, 9:38 am

shaynskyline wrote:
Then i got rammed in my passenger door by someone undercutting me and ended off the track struggling to keep it together.
Don't know who it was, didnt watch the replay, doesnt matter who it was, im sure it was an honest misjudgment.
Being pushed off i think i took out BillyBob, so im sorry about that mate, nothing i could do about it.

Upon looking at replay the said car had the inside line through the corner and therefore was not at fault. Maybe beforehand I suggest you do look at the replays.
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 8/16/2011, 1:05 pm

Ok wal, fair enough, I guess I have a little more to learn about track position and defending corners. Was probably being too carefull, that's why I don't like starting up the front lol.

Ill have a look at the replay and see where I went wrong.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down