Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Symmons Plains POST RACE Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Symmons Plains POST RACE Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Symmons Plains POST RACE Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Symmons Plains POST RACE Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Symmons Plains POST RACE Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Symmons Plains POST RACE Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Symmons Plains POST RACE Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Symmons Plains POST RACE Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Symmons Plains POST RACE Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Symmons Plains POST RACE Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Symmons Plains POST RACE

+4
dano
TTR Benny
shaynskyline
moo
8 posters

Go down

Symmons Plains POST RACE Empty Symmons Plains POST RACE

Post by moo 11/12/2011, 11:45 pm

how did ur race go???

moo

Back to top Go down

Symmons Plains POST RACE Empty Re: Symmons Plains POST RACE

Post by shaynskyline 11/13/2011, 12:28 am

mine? AWESOME! new best round for me. I'll try n keep this short. lol.

I didnt intend on running here thought i was gonna be busy.
Jumped on for an hour before qual and got into 6th place on the grid. 50.6?

Race 1.

Chased SPAZ around for about 4 laps until him and Stevo came together in the hairpin and i got by both of them. From then to L12 i tried to catch up to Benny but i had to pit. Came out in 13 spot, as i had pitted pretty early. Spent the next 8 laps getting back places as people went in for fuel.
By L21 i caught up to Stevo who ran off into the sand in the last turn, i took 8th spot from him.
By the end of the race i was running very low on fuel, so i had to save it and slow down a little. I wasnt gonna lose a 6th place finish by running dry. SPAZ was closing on me very fast and i crossed the finish line in 6th with 1Litre of fuel remaining. Luckily id been lapped some where i think so i only had to do 43 laps. PHEW!

Race 2

Great race this one, most of the time i was chasing KwikKiwi or being chased by him. I was followinf Kwik for what seemed like ages, but it was only lap 12, he made an error at the haripin and me and Nibiru got passed him i took 4th! spot.
I decided to take a chance on pitting early. I ended coming out infront of the whole field, well last, but infront of everyone. Stayed there for 3 laps and people started to pit behind me, took back alot of spots and ended up in 6th behind KwikKiwi again.
I chased him for 10 laps, never more than a second behind him, was a great section of the race, so happy to stay with such a good driver. He crashed it into the first straight and i just got by him taking back 5th spot.
On the very next lap i over cooked the hairpin exit and spun the car around. NO!!
Thought i was a goner but i had a fair gap, so i had time to get back on the track and keep going, pitting the same lap. A couple laps later, I crossed the line and saw Nibiru and Kwik coming out of the pits. I slotted in between them into T2 which was a bit scary. But pulled it off. From then on i watched Nibiru disappear into the distance and kept Kwik behind me for 12 laps. Finishing in 5th place.

Had a great round tonight, my best in rFactor so far. I keep saying that lately, which i am very happy about, because im starting to see some good results, in different mods. 6th and 5th is no big deal to you guys, but its more the fact that im staying infront of people and catching people. So its as good as winning far as im concerned.

You guys are really good competition, the pressure that is put on is intense. It's definitely made me go faster.

I checked the Liveracers site and it said im ranked #1, not sure on the criteria tho lol. Also said i was the most consistent and had the highest top speed.

Sorry lol, just not used to being first at anything to with rFactor. Its weird.

Thanks for the great round. Organisers and Racers. Wd all.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/13/2011, 4:28 am

Got a pain in my ribs. Had to pull the pin.

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 11/13/2011, 8:49 am

Had so much fun last night some great racing with anyone I was around

Qual Managed to get third place which was happy with both kris and slykiwi were way to quick for me well done guys

Got a good start holding on to my position on the run to the hair pin probem was I had realised with the lack of grip out of turn 3 I had left my Qual setup on and this was going to be a wild ride to make 44 laps with it. Lap 2 had kiwi close and had no chance of fighting and holding on to the position, with this setup and fuel load my car was a nightmare on cold tyres in fact for the first 3 laps of each stint in this race. Car eventually settled down and closed the gap to Kiwi. We had a great race I applied pressure for two stints of the race but Kiwi had seemed to have up wallys technic of what to do when under pressure and must have turned the mirrors off. Didn't matter how much presure I applied I couldn't break him Wd great drive. I had lost time on first stop with the longer fill but on second stop with short fill and kiwi having an unplanned pit stop entry I gaineed the place. I popped out behind Nibiru and on the run to the flag I was slowly closing the gap but with 3 laps to go was no chance of actually catching him let alone having enough time to get past such a quality driver. Then Watching Nibiru come into the pits realised I had made it to third which was wrapped with specially with the hours I had spent working on a setup and then forgetting to load it prior to the race was definately a get out of jail free card.

Race two soon
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dano 11/13/2011, 9:23 am

Interesting! That 1st race now seems to have turned up in the results on liveracers.com

dano

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 11/13/2011, 9:58 am

Race Two Was Epic

Back with my race setup was able to hold on to third over the first lap and then start to make a break (not much just enough to not have to worry about them and get on with the job at hand) on 4th and the train behind. Was able to keep Kris and Slykiwi in site in the early part of the sint and then close the gap at the end of the stint. Sly made a mistake close to the end of stint one and came into the pits in second. Exiting my bay I wasn't sure if I had made my exit in time infront of sly or if he had to back off so I let him past on the run to the hairpin. This then left me open for nibiru to come on through. Once again kris sly and nibiru had a little extra pace on me on colds but after a lap or so was able to start closing in a again with a tenth here and there. Nibiru got a run on kris into turn two and then kris got sideways out of turn two leaving Nibiru no where to go a little tap was enough to unsettle kris and I made my way past both as Nibiru waited for kris to get up to speed again. Then When I arrived at the hairpin found sly spun and I had the lead. I pushed really hard and with the three behind me fighting for position started to make a break. Made my stop and popped out just in front of kris who over cooked it into turn two trying to beat me there. I don't want to take anything away from kris but was looking good for second was sure I was going to be able to hold on but coming on to the back straight had a coughing fit and sat on the limiter in two gears for way to long trying to get my a breath in, this left me open at the end of the back straight for kris to drive on by (excuse 12 on the list kris in case you were wondering lol). From here held on to Third for the second rae of the night extremely happy with my results

The pace was unbeliveable at the front I went into this race thinking running high 50's as race pace would put me near the front, when sly came in with the pace he had we all had to push harder to keep with honest and make him earn his results. Circulating mid 50's lap after lap was something I didn't think was possible if you wanted your tyres to last the stint between stops.

Was reallyt impressed with the pace of everyone and the room guys gave the leaders coming through. This track is normally a shocker for people getting into the rears of other cars at the hair pin or into the side of cars at the end of the back straight but I saw nothing of the sort last night. Was extremely proud of the respect that we all gave our fellow competors even when we might have been stuck behind them for most of the race.

Benny
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 11/13/2011, 12:26 pm

Qualified 5th

Race 1

19 starters.......... a great field

Good clean start... got past Stevo at the hairpin on lap 2 and then Benny at the same place lap 3.
Had Benny filling my mirrors from then until I pitted on lap 15.
Kept 3rd place for the middle stint with Benny closing in the latter stages. Pitted lap 30 and dropped to 5th.
Had a few moments in the last stint and had 3 goes at lapping Mickspix (his Holden pig was smoking and dropping oil on the track!!!)
Gained and finished 4th when Nibiru had a late pit.......................

Race 2

Another very clean start and for the first 12 laps was very close and even with Benny in front of me and Shaynskyine behind. Had a moment at the hair pin and Shayn and Nib got past. Pitted on 17 and popped out in front of Shayn. Had Shayn all over me until I tagged the wall and spun on lap 27.
Pitted lap 31 (just slowed in time when i hit the mic mute rather than the pit limiter!! Embarassed )
Exited and was right behind Shayn with Stevo close behind. Chased Shayn for the rest of the race but he was just too quick and consistant. Finished 6th I think Very Happy

WELL DONE SHAYN....

As Benny said it was a huge pleasure to race with guys that keep it clean and race fair!!!!!!!!!!

For those not on Team Speak.... you are missing out on 1/2 the fun!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by moo 11/13/2011, 3:18 pm

qualifying:

well i knew that i was very much off the pace so i started in 15th

Race:

well it started ok but going into the harpin i locked it up and i was pretty lucky to not to hit someone then i battle with dano for a bit and also billy bob went into the first pitstop and rejoin in 14th then a few laps later i spun it at the harpin andd the leaders horned at me....

then coming into my last pitstop sum how i crashed into the pit light thing and when i got reversing didnt know but i hit a mother enegery car didnt know who it was but sorry then on the final lap spun at the finish and crashed lolz....

moo

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR SPAZ 11/13/2011, 3:43 pm

clutch pedal thats all i have 2 say

TTR SPAZ

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 11/13/2011, 4:23 pm

KDSR_SPAZ wrote:clutch pedal thats all i have 2 say

lol!
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR kris 11/13/2011, 4:37 pm

lol benny, kiwi and spazz

wicked as night
so clean for that track like you all said
that race pace and presure had me needing to breath in my nose out my mouth to keep calm, lol
race 2 was a little untidy for me but i think that was because of the extra presure from benny and Nibiru
i was glad to pit and get out of the battle affraid
someone was in my pit box one of the stops so i creped into them and tryed to push them out just as they were leaving lol,
dumb arse crew said they were ready Evil or Very Mad

hats off to you all

lol kiwi (his Holden pig was smoking and dropping oil on the track!!!)
TTR kris
TTR kris

Back to top Go down

Post by slykiwi 11/13/2011, 4:44 pm

Great racing tonight , thanks for letting me run with you Smile

I'm fairly quick around here but only ever do sprint races and drift the hairpin a lot so knew despite quali time it was going to be tough. Kris kept me honest in race one and pushed hard as i muddled through a pit strategy on the move that almost saw me run out.

Race two i made a few errors that put me behind kris and benny and almost nibiru aswell. the boys certainly had upped their game with some very good laptimes and it was going to be a tough challenge. came into the pits behind benny, but had a quicker stop and exited right beside him lol. Stopped last on second stop and was confident of moving fwd as i always have good cold tyre pace, as it was my pit crew blitzed it? and i emerged first anyway.

Great fun, was just what i needed thnx guys. very clean by all

WD

slykiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down