Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Round #2 Post Race chat FSONE 08 / Melbourne Albert Park Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Round #2 Post Race chat FSONE 08 / Melbourne Albert Park Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Round #2 Post Race chat FSONE 08 / Melbourne Albert Park Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Round #2 Post Race chat FSONE 08 / Melbourne Albert Park Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Round #2 Post Race chat FSONE 08 / Melbourne Albert Park Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Round #2 Post Race chat FSONE 08 / Melbourne Albert Park Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Round #2 Post Race chat FSONE 08 / Melbourne Albert Park Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Round #2 Post Race chat FSONE 08 / Melbourne Albert Park Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Round #2 Post Race chat FSONE 08 / Melbourne Albert Park Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Round #2 Post Race chat FSONE 08 / Melbourne Albert Park Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Round #2 Post Race chat FSONE 08 / Melbourne Albert Park

5 posters

Go down

Round #2 Post Race chat FSONE 08 / Melbourne Albert Park Empty Round #2 Post Race chat FSONE 08 / Melbourne Albert Park

Post by TTR=JD 12/1/2010, 7:39 pm

Tell us how your race unfolded.
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Round #2 Post Race chat FSONE 08 / Melbourne Albert Park Empty Re: Round #2 Post Race chat FSONE 08 / Melbourne Albert Park

Post by M1N1K0B3 12/18/2010, 9:44 pm

Well i came into the night realising that the 1:24 i set was with the same car shapes, but different physics lol Very Happy

So i quickly went to default setup 5 mins before quali.

Then quali started and i wasted the first 2 mins making a quick setup with all the knowledge i had. lol It probably gained me about .5 a lap or so.

Race 1 - Got a good start... as normal Razz Got in front of Webber and held him off... WITHOUT Razz Braking the rules Very Happy One move per turn Very Happy Not that anybody complained confused lol

Then he got passed me once he caught up with about 3 laps to go and i knew i had to keep in his slipstream or else he would win. So i was asking for more than this setup had to offer me. I spun out trying to full throttle almost through a 90 degree turn :O lol

Then unfortunately he got stuck on the curb, i passed him and stopped and was going to reverse to push him out of it. But then i realised i could have lost the lead to Dano instead, so kept on driving Very Happy

Won Race 1 Very Happy

Race 2 - Got another good start and blasted away! Very Happy Then Webber had caught up and i spun at the same corner as race 1. This time for no reason what so ever...

At the rate he was catching me he would have caught me around final sector of the last lap Very Happy

Would have been a nice finish but at least Webber or I didn't come out empty handed from this event! Very Happy

Was Fun and Good Racing all! Very Happy

M1N1K0B3

Back to top Go down

Round #2 Post Race chat FSONE 08 / Melbourne Albert Park Empty Re: Round #2 Post Race chat FSONE 08 / Melbourne Albert Park

Post by Webber 12/18/2010, 10:10 pm

Well! Spent lots of time practicing and it paid off for the most part.

Mini had been throwing down some smack talk about times so I set to work on a setup as the week went on. Only by Friday was I truly comfortable. As it happened the setup was a quick one, my quickest time practicing with it was a 1:24.6 and there was good race pace to boot.

Come race one and Mini got an absolute blinder of a start to take the inside into T1. I slotted into second to bide my time. Threw a few up alongside Mini but he very craftily defended. Props to him for very clean racing here, even though we were very close often. After two or so laps of this I had a minor spin and lost a couple of seconds. By lap 7 or 8 though I had clawed back the gap and was closing on Mini. Then I rounded T5 to find a lot of tyre smoke - he had made a rare error and I was back in front. Then nursing it to the finish with a 9 second buffer, I beached the car on the bastard of a curb in T3. Evil or Very Mad Took what felt like half an hour to get it off and was spun out straight after, and by then had dropped to 4th. Gutted! Mini 100% deserved the win though as he had been defending well and racing very cleanly.

Race two my resolve had been hardened and I was in it to win it. Start was neither here nor there, slotted in 4th after T1 behind Mini, Dano, and JD. JD was doing well in defense until he spun right in front of me at the high speed chicane, on the first lap. The cars oversteer like a wet dog on lino so can't blame him for the spin, if anyone managed the two races without one my hat is off to you. It took everything to avoid hitting JD and taking myself out but I managed. After that it was Dano in 2nd who was running very fast, but I managed to slip past after the same turn. Finally clawing back Mini I again came across the spun McLaren. This time there was no curb humping. Overall an error free race and I was just lucky to profit from a Mini error. Very satisfying to win against high calibre opponents.

Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Round #2 Post Race chat FSONE 08 / Melbourne Albert Park Empty Results

Post by TTR=JD 12/18/2010, 10:57 pm

Official Results: for Mebourne GP Round 2

M1N1K0B3 37
Webber 33 / -15 point penalty = 18
Dano 30
TTRJD 30
Kwik-kiwi 22
Benny 9

Last edited by TTR=JD on 12/20/2010, 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 12/18/2010, 11:17 pm

Well............ i knew from practice during the week that i was not competitive.... but decided to run anyway....

Race 1..... had two offs on the first lap to make sure i was clear of everyone else.. Embarassed
let Webber past to lap me on his last lap and then he got suck on the kerb... so he became the only person i passed in the race... Laughing

Race 2..... did my best to keep out of everyones way.....

Great racing guys and thanks JD for running this series.. It's good to try different mods and even if i may not get the results i would like, i'm still having a ball! bounce bounce bounce bounce

Kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by dano 12/19/2010, 9:58 am

During the first few days of practise I could barely string more that a few laps together without killing the car.
But I stuck at it and eventually I felt comfortable with the car and could finish 10 laps on the trot.

Race1

I made a slow start. Went through T1 in 5th. Kiwi had a slight off so I grabbed 4th straight away.
I then set about staying on the tail of the others. After a few laps I went past JD who had an off and I guess took some damage because he was ever present behind me from then on but lost time here and there.
Then on the last lap I couldn't believe when I went past Webber stuck on the curb.
I was stoked to take 2nd in such a challenging mod with such tough competition in the race.

Race2

I started from P2 but was somewhat confused that minik was starting directly in front of me. What was with that?
Anyway I got through t1 safely behind minik.
There was a bit of a gap back to rest of the field but I knew this was going to be tough knowing the pace of the guys behind me.
I decided it wasn't worth defending hard in the early laps, but I don't think I stood a chance anyway against Webber with his move through the high speed chicane leading on to the last long straight. I should have known it was coming having seen it in practise.
That's how I knew it was him anyway cos there were 2 redbulls and it was tough knowing who was who.
I had a few seconds back to JD which I tried my hardest to maintain. It worked till right near the end but I started making small errors and going off slightly losing just enough time for JD to catch a sliptream down the pit straight and pass me cleanly into T1.
I was disappointed to lose the podium but glad to have had such a good race.

dano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down