Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Salzburgring Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Salzburgring Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Salzburgring Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Salzburgring Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Salzburgring Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Salzburgring Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Salzburgring Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Salzburgring Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Salzburgring Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Salzburgring Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Salzburgring

5 posters

Go down

Post Salzburgring Empty Post Salzburgring

Post by David Paterson 12/18/2012, 9:39 pm

So how did your night go?
David Paterson
David Paterson

Back to top Go down

Post Salzburgring Empty Re: Post Salzburgring

Post by Kakswell 12/18/2012, 9:43 pm

good!

Kakswell

Back to top Go down

Post by David Paterson 12/18/2012, 9:46 pm

Qually, I tried a few set-ups, thanks and got within a few seconds of the pack.

Race 1: I made a good start but Growler was fast asleep in front of me, so I stopped and got a minor hit up the bum. There was carnage everywhere so I picked my way through carefully and stayed with the pack for a couple of laps, then an unforced error saw me spin into a gravel trap and out of contention. Drove around trying to stay out of trouble for the rest of the race, attrition saw me finish in the top 10.

Race 2: another good start, carnage everywhere, exiting the first chicane Growler had more carnage in front of him, I came in too hot and drilled him around into the fence, redressed and waited for him to get going again. Then spent the rest of the race having a ripper dice with Peter308.
David Paterson
David Paterson

Back to top Go down

Post by dano 12/18/2012, 9:46 pm

Mine was slow but steady,
A very nice turnout on a cool fast track.
Very Happy
Check the title fight.
Fez vs brick.3 points in it.

dano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/18/2012, 10:53 pm

Had a reasonable night.

Expected Kaks to take pole, but he came out and muffed his 2 laps at the end of the session, so the Celica had pole.

Race 1
Lost it at the start, slipped to 3rd. Managed to get up to 2nd and sit behind Fez but a few errors during the race saw me slide down to 4th.

Race 2
Same poor start, think billy bogged down and I had to lift and bogged too. Came up through the field and put a bit of pressure on brick who made a mistake at the chicane. Quickly closed on Fez and got past. Extended the gap out over the race and finished first.

Thanks for the night fellas. Good times.

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwibrick 12/19/2012, 7:01 am

I struggled all night with the new version of the track, I never got a rhythm going, hate those stupid chicanes.

In qualy I just put in a lap without going off basically, I had only managed to get about a dozen laps in on the new layout, did I mention I hate chicanes?.....

Race 1
Got off the line well but billybob who was in front of me had a shocker start off the line so had to back off and we know what happens from there, was happy to pop out 4th (I think), then a couple laps in stevo and mozza spun off in front of me on the same lap and I was in to 2nd, held it for a few laps but I was losing about asecond a lap to fez in the lead and I could see kaks coming fast, let him by into the first chicane but a few laps later he stopped so then I cruised to the finish in second

Race 2
A bit slow off the line this time and lost a few spots but got back to second a corner or 2 later when there was some wheel banging by others, then had mozza all over my arse, the lap before he passed me I heard him all locked up behind me coming in to the first chicane (did I mention I hate chicanes) then, he obviously could brake far later than me into there and I caught him out, next lap I was too busy looking in my mirror and braked a couple metres too late and overshot the chicane and then almost got beached on those miracle solid stone single tyres.
So down to 4th then, regained 3rd not long after when billy stopped, so I just settled into a pace where I wouldn't fling it off the track and let mozza and fez do there thing cause I knew I didn't have a hope in hell of catching them.

Well done all, we struggled for numbers this series at the start (still plenty of homoerotic talk to go around though lol) but they certainly picked up the last few rounds, thanks guys!, especially dano and growler for running it. Dano, Growler, and kiwibrick the 3 westies.....lol

One more round to go in the new year Laughing

/edit lol jumped the gun there, thought it was the last round, I know I'm going to pay for that......

Last edited by kiwibrick on 12/19/2012, 7:19 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : being stupid)
kiwibrick
kiwibrick

Back to top Go down

Post by dano 12/19/2012, 10:22 am

Yeah cheers kiwibrick,
This series has built to some decent turnouts and good racing.
Thanks to the regulars for sticking with us and to the new people.
The only major hassles we've had have been technical difficulties i.e. with the dam hockenheim track(s).

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year all. Make sure you don't drink so much that you can't make January 3rd for the final round at Diepholz. https://transtasmanrivals.forumotion.com/t1371-pre-diepholz-3rd-january-2013

And hopefully we can do some more DRM next year.

santa santa santa santa rendeer rendeer rendeer

dano

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler 12/19/2012, 11:16 am

I enjoyed last night’s track. Especially the last part of the back straight where it does the slight “S” spend before the sweeper. I can get a little 4 wheel drifting through there…
I had a few tussles with BillyBob and Mozza (Well….got in the way!), and a few dramas with a random who insisted we pull over when he flashed his lights, but I had fun.
David Paterson wrote:Race 1: I made a good start but Growler was fast asleep in front of me, so I stopped and got a minor hit up the bum. There was carnage everywhere so I picked my way through carefully and stayed with the pack for a couple of laps, then an unforced error saw me spin into a gravel trap and out of contention. Drove around trying to stay out of trouble for the rest of the race, attrition saw me finish in the top 10.
Yeah…there were no lights that I could see. I took off slowly as well to avoid Mozza? spinning in front of me.

David Paterson wrote:Race 2: another good start, carnage everywhere, exiting the first chicane Growler had more carnage in front of him, I came in too hot and drilled him around into the fence, redressed and waited for him to get going again. Then spent the rest of the race having a ripper dice with Peter308.
Yeah…I couldn’t put my foot down until all of the carnage cleared. I was actually waiting for you to pass as I thought I had gotten in your way. I also tapped Benny at the same time and waited for him to get going as well.
Another good race once you got into the groove.
Growler
Growler

Back to top Go down

Post by David Paterson 12/19/2012, 12:04 pm

Growler wrote:a few dramas with a random who insisted we pull over when he flashed his lights,

Same clown caught me going up the hill, he got alongside and just slammed me into the fence and kept going. no apology, no redress, nothing.

Growler wrote:
…there were no lights that I could see. I took off slowly as well to avoid Mozza? spinning in front of me.
I could just see the lights, they appeared to be tiny & distant.

Growler wrote:
Yeah…I couldn’t put my foot down until all of the carnage cleared. I was actually waiting for you to pass as I thought I had gotten in your way. I also tapped Benny at the same time and waited for him to get going as well.
haha, i felt really bad for slamming you so hard. you were sitting there minding your own business and i just drilled you.
David Paterson
David Paterson

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwibrick 12/19/2012, 12:09 pm

Growler wrote:a few dramas with a random who insisted we pull over when he flashed his lights, but I had fun

Growler - "I'm not blind",
mr pasta - "Are you sure......"

lol I almost crashed when I saw that........ wanker..... Laughing
kiwibrick
kiwibrick

Back to top Go down

Post by dano 12/19/2012, 12:40 pm

kiwibrick wrote:
Growler wrote:a few dramas with a random who insisted we pull over when he flashed his lights, but I had fun

Growler - "I'm not blind",
mr pasta - "Are you sure......"

lol I almost crashed when I saw that........ wanker..... Laughing

He said "I'm flashing my lights so you can see idiot!"

I read that as "I'm flashing my lights so you can see the idiot!"

dano

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler 12/19/2012, 2:52 pm

And I think I said I'm not f*&%$$ blind... Very Happy
Growler
Growler