Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Tech Help for G25 / G27 Pedals & Wheel Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Tech Help for G25 / G27 Pedals & Wheel Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Tech Help for G25 / G27 Pedals & Wheel Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Tech Help for G25 / G27 Pedals & Wheel Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Tech Help for G25 / G27 Pedals & Wheel Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Tech Help for G25 / G27 Pedals & Wheel Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Tech Help for G25 / G27 Pedals & Wheel Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Tech Help for G25 / G27 Pedals & Wheel Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Tech Help for G25 / G27 Pedals & Wheel Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Tech Help for G25 / G27 Pedals & Wheel Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Tech Help for G25 / G27 Pedals & Wheel

4 posters

Go down

Tech Help for G25 / G27 Pedals & Wheel Empty Tech Help for G25 / G27 Pedals & Wheel

Post by TTR=JD 2/26/2011, 11:52 pm

Ok guys i will do my best to describe the problems 1 at a time & how to fix it. But don't panic it may sound hard or like a lot of work but it isn't. Took me about 25 minutes to pull it apart & put it back together.
PLEASE READ ALL OF THE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE STARTING & LOOK AT ALL OF THE IMAGES SO YOU HAVE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF HOW IT COMES APART ETC BEFORE DOING IT.
1/ Problem. Wheel keeps going off centre. It is a common fault with the Logitech wheels. I would do a few laps then after hitting a ripple strips or when i got a bit of oversteer and gave the wheel a sudden jerk it would go off centre.
Tech Help for G25 / G27 Pedals & Wheel Original
Problem: can be 2 things
1/ If the black plasctic cover on the back of the right motor is loose you have found the problem. Under this is a board etc and it is loose. Gentle remove the wire plug that is in the back of the black plastic cover, then with a small flat screwdriver gently prise the cover back away from the motor & remove it.
Then remove the 2 screws in the little circuit board and remove the board, this is so you can get to the 2 screws holding the other component to the back of the motor they are what is loose. Tighten these 2 silver screws. Done put it back together.
Follow the guide below but STOP after step 10. Look at picture step 11 the motor on the right is the 1 to focus on. Please note the above image already has the plastic cover removed.
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=37297

2/ It is the optical sensor on the back of the right motor.
1st thing is start your system up to calibrate the wheel before removal so the parts are in the correct position before dismantling, if you don't you risk gluing it in the wrong position.
Follow the below guide but STOP after step 10. Look at picture step 11 the motor on the right is the 1 to focus on.
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=37297

Gentle remove the wire plug that is in the back of the black plastic cover, then
Un clip the black plastic cover on the motor and then you'll see the optical disc on the back of the motor shaft, this is what will be moving on you, it is what sets the centre every time you boot up and tells the wheel where centre is. If its moving your centre will change with quick movement and feedback jolts.

Remove the 2 screws that hold the little circut board in place now you can clean the motor shaft and opitcal disc and glue it in place. I never removed the disc from the shaft, just used 24 HR Araldite Two Part Epoxy to bond the shaft to the disc. Be very careful not to get any in the disc slots. See above image.

OK on to the Pedals.

I thought my car was misfiring, lol Turns out i wasn't always getting full throttle even when i held it flat it was fluctuating.

Unplug them, remove the hex screws from the front of all 3 pedals. Then turn them over & remove the silver screws from the bottom and the pedals come apart. I used compressed air to blow any crap out first, check for a build up of fluff or hair near the gears etc. After this spray all of the electrical components with Contact Cleaner & allow to stand for a while to dry completely. Put a small amount of grease or vaseline on the gears i also sprayed the springs etc with CRC or WD40. Thats it put it back together and it will work like new again. Please take care not to pinch the wires between the 2 halves of the pedal box when you put it back together.

I hope this helps people as Hundreds of people have thrown there Wheels out due to these problems thinking they are stuffed. If you are going to have a go at this PM me for my number first if you like, that way if you do get stuck i can help you out.

Cheer's Jason.
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Tech Help for G25 / G27 Pedals & Wheel Empty Re: Tech Help for G25 / G27 Pedals & Wheel

Post by dano 3/1/2011, 8:02 am

Number 2 sounds like the problem I've been having with my wheel.

When my wheel goes off centre I can sit there and recalibrate it by moving the wheel through it's full range of motion the same way I do when I first get in the car after starting up the game.
One day when I'm bored I'll take it apart and see if I can fix it.

Nobody ever seems to have heard of it. It's this one Saitek - R660 GT
http://www.itreviews.co.uk/hardware/h1481.htm

It only cost about $150 and I've had it for 4 or 5 years.

dano

Back to top Go down

Tech Help for G25 / G27 Pedals & Wheel Empty Re: Tech Help for G25 / G27 Pedals & Wheel

Post by TTR=JD 3/6/2011, 9:57 pm

Milo fixed his wheel after hearing about this.
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR kris 4/9/2011, 11:10 pm

new g 27 problem i have
its like the pit crew have left the bolts loose that hold the steering rack in
and this guy explains it well

The G27's force feedback is provided by two gear drive force feedback motors and the gears are cut in a helical shape instead of being straight cut. This makes the gears mesh better and lowers the noise without lowering the force feedback strength. As a result this wheel is very quiet, nearly silent, during grip racing or even drifting. The force feedback does become quite loud creating a rattling sound, I have seen some call it chatter, when it is trying to provide feedback for vibrations. This occurs mostly while rallying but it can also happen when passing over some rumble strips or when jerking the wheel quickly to catch a slip. This noise is very subjective because I have read many posts on forums from people who find it unacceptable, people who do not like it but can live with it and people who are not bothered by it at all. I am in the camp that finds it unacceptable because it makes racing late at night very difficult when people are sleeping and I race quite aggressively so I find it occurs too often. Also it is a shame because it transforms a pretty silent wheel into one that occasionally makes a racket.
TTR kris
TTR kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayden Kirk 2/12/2012, 5:29 pm

Hey I'm having this trouble, How do you get to the point displayed in that top picture?, I seperate the actuall wheel via the 6 Allan keys am i heading in the right direction?

Hayden Kirk

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR kris 2/12/2012, 6:17 pm

i think the wheel needs to come off also
TTR kris
TTR kris

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR kris 2/12/2012, 6:18 pm

i put scratched in the shaft with a file end, and supper glued the ring back on, take note how far on to push the ring
TTR kris
TTR kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down