Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
 jd re Driving technique Car Setup Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
 jd re Driving technique Car Setup Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
 jd re Driving technique Car Setup Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
 jd re Driving technique Car Setup Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
 jd re Driving technique Car Setup Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
 jd re Driving technique Car Setup Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
 jd re Driving technique Car Setup Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
 jd re Driving technique Car Setup Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
 jd re Driving technique Car Setup Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
 jd re Driving technique Car Setup Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

jd re Driving technique Car Setup

+2
TTR=JD
TTR kris
6 posters

Go down

jd re Driving technique Car Setup Empty jd re Driving technique Car Setup

Post by TTR kris 3/30/2011, 4:32 pm

JD have you found any changes with your topic Driving technique Car Setup
and the 2010 unleashed mod
i liked the read by the way, very interesting

kris
TTR kris
TTR kris

Back to top Go down

jd re Driving technique Car Setup Empty Re: jd re Driving technique Car Setup

Post by TTR=JD 3/30/2011, 9:41 pm

Hi Kris, firstly i am glad you enjoyed reading the driving tech info.
I have noticed a couple of things that are extremely different in Unleashed and it took me a while to work it out and adjust my driving to it.
I am probably not the best person to be asking about Unleashed as i have struggled to come to grips with it a bit and adjusting my driving to suit wasn't easy.

Setup differences: Brake bias, i have found i am running the brake bias between 62 - 38 to 65 - 35 in V8 1.3 i was 68.5 - 31.5 to 72 - 28.
Brake pressure, i always ran from 92 to 96 in V8 1.3 but in unleashed i am running 85 to 90

Driving tech: I have always trail braked just like the real drivers do in the V8 Supercars, Unleashed doesn't allow this it get's into a massive unrealistic 4 wheel drift. You need to basically finish your braking and get off the brake before turning the car into the corner & i have also found using a late apex is helping to reduce the slide a bit by allowing me to get on the power a bit earlier on exit as i am squarer on exit with the late apex.

Hope this answer's your questions ok mate and possibly help you with your understanding of Unleashed & helps your times. If i can think of anything else i will try to remember to add to this. If anyone else has some info or advice on this mod etc please feel more than welcome to share it with us here.

JD.
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR kris 3/30/2011, 9:58 pm

yea, ive found also i need to brake sooner before the corners, let off early coast and power back on early but lightly,
i wore a left front tyre down until the indicator went yellow tonight in 8 laps of Hamilton so i did what your write up said and reduced rear wing and lock angle
hard braking with heaps of camber heats up the inside of the front tyres im not sure what would be to much on the heat colour indicator though?
did 1.3 have track bars?
kris
TTR kris
TTR kris

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR=JD 3/30/2011, 10:19 pm

kris wrote:yea, ive found also i need to brake sooner before the corners, let off early coast and power back on early but lightly,
i wore a left front tyre down until the indicator went yellow tonight in 8 laps of Hamilton so i did what your write up said and reduced rear wing and lock angle
hard braking with heaps of camber heats up the inside of the front tyres im not sure what would be to much on the heat colour indicator though?
did 1.3 have track bars?
kris

Yes 1.3 does have track bars. If you punish the tyres they do come back providing you take it easy on them for a lap without locking up or sliding.
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Jas 5/7/2012, 4:57 pm

Hi gents. I was reading this post and noticed the reference to the trackbar. Just curious if someone could educate me on what the trackbar is and what it does?
TTR Jas
TTR Jas

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 5/7/2012, 5:17 pm

Hey Jaws, welcome to TTR, hope to see you in our V8 series and our Touring Car Legends series amongst others.

JD is our visiting setup expert but I'll have a shot.

The track bar is attached to the axle on one end (left), and goes up to the car's chassis on the other end (right). It keeps the rear axle stable and controls the roll centre of the car. Increasing the track bar will raise the roll centre.

Think of roll centre like trying to push over a chair. If you push at the bottom it's hard, if you push higher up it's easier to tip.

In simple terms, increasing the roll bar (symmetrically) makes the car turn better during the mid-corner. You can decrease it if the car is too oversteery. Good for tuning between tracks once you've got a good base setup.
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by moo 5/7/2012, 5:30 pm

I was talking to still bacon(creater of the unleashed phicyics) and he said that the track bars are to simulate the watts linkage and that is very true

moo

Back to top Go down

Post by David Paterson 5/7/2012, 5:54 pm

Webber wrote:
The track bar is attached to the axle on one end (left), and goes up to the car's chassis on the other end (right). It keeps the rear axle stable and controls the roll centre of the car.

I call that a Panhard rod. I've seen the track bar on rFactor and never knew what it was, so i didn't touch it.
David Paterson
David Paterson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down