Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Calder Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Calder Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Calder Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Calder Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Calder Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Calder Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Calder Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Calder Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Calder Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Calder Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Calder

+9
shaynskyline
TTR Benny
menthol369
Berlsy
racer69
Wally26
TTR kris
David Paterson
BillyBob
13 posters

Go down

Post Calder Empty Post Calder

Post by BillyBob 8/28/2011, 8:50 pm

DAMNED ISP!!
So much looking forward to this race.. hated the sierra at first and considered a swap to the TWR or VL.. but finally got the hang of the sierra. Practice thru the week had shown good promise so i reckoned i was a chance for competing this round. Practiced my starts as that was an issue last season. Race start was awsome got away nicely tucked in behind dan and webber in front of racer got settled on a two stop strategy. Held 3rd pos most of the race and was about lap 24 that you all disappeared and the evil red light on my modem told me id been booted again... despair!!.
Hope the race went well for the rest of you guys lol.
BillyBob
BillyBob
Financial Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post Calder Empty Re: Post Calder

Post by David Paterson 8/28/2011, 9:22 pm

I got an awesome start, a few Commodores in front of me didn't Smile

Had a little dice with Shaz for a while, nice car Shaz!

Started on meds and was planning a late race switch to softs and a top up. At half distance, had nearly a full tank and tyres were in very good shape, started to think about not stopping.

7 mins to go, just 3 laps in the tank, so had to stop, forgot to tell crew not to change tyres, 21s stop, lost 11th place to Shaz.

Next race, I might start on softs and stop for fuel & tyres at half distance.
David Paterson
David Paterson

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR kris 8/28/2011, 9:24 pm

im happy with a mid field finish on my first outing with you tcl guys, tryed softer tyres on the 2nd stint but wore them out and had to let benny past on the last lap
tryed not to get in anyones way had a few door rubbs at the start but was all clean and smooth by all drivers, top group of racers i hope all season is that smooth,
just need to find, bigger rear wing and wider tyres now,
thanks guys

edit: yer there was a car doing a slow start infront of me and benny so wasnt a good start
TTR kris
TTR kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 8/28/2011, 9:37 pm

Some peeps will not be pleased with results here as it appears that most didn't update their cars on sls..
Only 6 were in their correct car according to SLS

SLS results are up

W26
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 8/28/2011, 9:42 pm

Wally26 wrote:Some peeps will not be pleased with results here as it appears that most didn't update their cars on sls..
Only 6 were in their correct car according to SLS

SLS results are up

W26

SLS only seems to have recognised the people that were in cars from the ATCC88 folder, and not cars from the Bathurst88 folder. For instance i registered a "1988 Bathurst Sierra RS500", and chose the same car for tonights race...
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlsy 8/28/2011, 9:52 pm

qualified 9th, pretty happy with that didn't have a hope of matching pace with the sierras.

got a good start and was in 6th behind shano. had a huge battle with groupc for about half the race. that little bmw was all over me on the back half of the track but the commo would pull a gap down the front straight. came into pit with about 25 minutes to go in the race but didn't know where the pit lane speed limit started so i put the limiter on as soon as i got off the track, realised it starts at the line as webber came screeming past me as i was doing 40kmh scratch . came out of the pits 10secs behind groupc and drove the wheels off the commo for the rest of the race. got past groupc with about ten minutes to go and set off after shano. had a nice little battle with shano for the last few laps and managed to squeeze past up the inside on the last corner. all in all had a good clean race and the commo looked after it's tyres pretty well. absolutely stoked to get 4th, now onto symmons plains, not really a commo friendly track but should be a blast anyway.

see ya's next sunday Very Happy

Berlsy

Back to top Go down

Post by menthol369 8/28/2011, 9:53 pm

Had an awsome race, .400 behind webber.

Set a PB for quali getting 2nd place

Race: Had a decent start dopped to 4th being a tad cautious, billy bob had a great start and got me before the corner.
I then had to chase racer and billy for a fair few laps till i got past them.
Then had to chase down webber, he got held up by traffic which allowed me to catch up, i think the pressure kept him in my grasp. we switched places every lap until i pitted, webber pitted a few laps later and we were back to constant battling.
I was outplayed on the last lap as webber had his car positioned perfectly for blocking the last few turns.

Great racing everyone!

menthol369

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR kris 8/28/2011, 9:56 pm

i asked for that there big heavy holden from day one and had it on sls ???? very strange

sls info
rFactor Touring Car Legends ATCC88 TCL 1988 Series 1988 Bathurst Commodore VL TWR 2 TTR kris

Last edited by TTR kris on 8/28/2011, 10:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
TTR kris
TTR kris

Back to top Go down

Post by menthol369 8/28/2011, 9:59 pm

wtf? why did it do that? im in an atcc car so it musnt be that.

menthol369

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 8/28/2011, 10:05 pm

benny and i will look at it tommorrow
So here it is the old fashioned way

Class 2 BMW/MERC/Corrolla TRD( including Class 3 )
1st: GroupCAction:-20 pts
2nd: Shazam:- 15 pts
3rd: David Paterson:- 12 pts
4th: Wally26:- DNF

Class 3 Corrolla non TRD
1st: David Paterson:- 20 Pts

Overall:
Post Calder 88atcc14

Real Life results -
1st : Dick Johnson 20
2nd : Tony Longhurst 15
3rd : Colin Bond 12
4th : Larry Perkins 10
5th : Andrew Miedecke 8
6th : Andrew Bagnall 6
7th : Murray Carter 4
8th : Tony Noske 3
9th : Peter McLeod 2
10th: Tony Mulvhill 1

Last edited by Wally26 on 8/29/2011, 6:26 am; edited 3 times in total
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 8/28/2011, 10:08 pm

Points will be fixed Tomorrow it is the first time we have used it with this mod but in the mean time everyone make sure they have selected the car they ran so as I fix the problem it is all correct
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR kris 8/28/2011, 10:11 pm

lucky for the good old fasion stuff A, LOL
i can get a good nights sleep now knoing that hours racing wasnt a waste of time lol
TTR kris
TTR kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 8/28/2011, 10:15 pm

BillyBob wrote:DAMNED ISP!!
So much looking forward to this race.. hated the sierra at first and considered a swap to the TWR or VL.. but finally got the hang of the sierra. Practice thru the week had shown good promise so i reckoned i was a chance for competing this round. Practiced my starts as that was an issue last season. Race start was awsome got away nicely tucked in behind dan and webber in front of racer got settled on a two stop strategy. Held 3rd pos most of the race and was about lap 24 that you all disappeared and the evil red light on my modem told me id been booted again... despair!!.
Hope the race went well for the rest of you guys lol.

Billybob my computer is going to do the same thing, I am afraid the best we can do is enjoy the racing before our disco's or rfactor crashes.... maybe I should start a new class for billybob and myself as whose pc can last the longest lol

W26
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 8/28/2011, 10:16 pm

Bob, you have to change yur ISP man. Cant have you dropping out every race, it just aint fair. You do the most practice of anyone. And dont even get to finish the race. Sux.

Quali

Was doing ok, getting low 1:02s, and a high 1:01. Then Webber gave me a tip and i got a 1:01.510, which is my PB. Thanx Webb lol. Qualified in 7th?

Race

I got a super start off the line, but its a shame that Shano didnt and i slammed into the back of him and lost 5 spots off the line. RAWR!
On the second lap in 11th, i made an awesome outside move on Kris in the TWR AROUND THE OUTISDE, and managed to pull it off and got away from him.
I was then behind Elgibo in the other TeamSkyline car and followed him for 4 laps until he came off at T1, this gave me 8th and put me behind Grpc and Berlsy.

This is where the race plateaued lol, these two guys were so fast, matching my pace for about 10 laps, staying 2 seconds clear of me the whole time, then i caught right up to Grpc, but just didnt have the lets face it, balls to stay close and make a clean move on him. Then they pulled away again. Keeping a 2 second gap on me, all this time racing bumper to bumper with eachother, was awesome to watch.
I was amazed the whole way how i just could not catch Grpc in the damn M3. Awesome speed man. Hats off.
This went on and on till lap 33, still 2 seconds behind these guys, Grpc passing Berls in the twisties, then the commo getting him back on the straight.

Pitstops came up, got mine done, came out in 8th and spent 30 odd laps chasing Berlsy on the LCD, but he was 18seconds ahead the whole time, and i knew i wasnt gonna catch him up.

Finished in 7th position, catching Racer69 in 3rd place, on the last lap which was a bit funny lol.

Overall, im happy with the race, because i made no major mistakes and finished at my Quali position, doing this means that i am at least consistent, so at or above Qual is a win for me.
The R31 is a great car, very stable and even after 30 laps the tyres were still holding up very well. Woulda been nice to have some more company in the second stint, as it got a little lonely lol, but i had Berlsy to race, even thought i couldnt see him.

Great race guys, well done to the winners.

PS. Dave, i know we arent allowed to swap cars but i dont think anyone would mind if you changed cars mate, i felt bad lapping you 8 times. Not having a go, just doesnt seem fair, but if you like the car then ok.

Great Fun!
See yas at the next race, sorry for the long long review, just loved it thats all.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by BillyBob 8/28/2011, 10:41 pm

This ones just for the record... checked the SLS and Im definately listed there in the #14 Bathurst RS500.
BillyBob
BillyBob
Financial Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by David Paterson 8/28/2011, 10:56 pm

shaynskyline wrote:

PS. Dave, i know we arent allowed to swap cars but i dont think anyone would mind if you changed cars mate, i felt bad lapping you 8 times. Not having a go, just doesnt seem fair, but if you like the car then ok.

Like the car? Hell, I own this car, I have to pick it. LOL

I was surprised to get lapped 8 times, I know it's not a corolla track, but really!

I must tip my hat to the TCL creators, I'm using my real life set-up and it's amazing how accurate the physics are. It may not be exciting to be the only car in Class 3, but I'm getting good practice. Smile
David Paterson
David Paterson

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 8/28/2011, 11:03 pm

Ah fair enough, as long as yur happy with it and having a good time.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 8/29/2011, 12:10 am

Firstly thanks to Wally and Benny for all their work in setting this up, and well done to all the competitors tonight, was a great field and a great start to the series.

I really like the format of longer single races, allows you to get your teeth into a race, and i think people race abit more sensibly too knowing that there's just the one chance on a night to get a result.

PRAC - i found it hard to get comfortable with the Sierra at Calder, i never found a setting that made me feel at ease, and i just felt i was constantly following the car all lap....

QUAL - pulled out my first 59s lap early in the session, which surprised me, and i was at the top of the timesheets until Webber and Dan got claimed the front row in the latter stages of the qualifying session leaving me in 3rd, but i wasn't too far off them so it gave me some optimism for the opening round.

RACE - I got a pretty good initial launch, but messed up the change into second gear (got the wrong gate and somehow put it in 4th rather than second...) which bogged me down, and i was 4th into turn 1. Had an early dice with Dan & Billybob, but i just started losing touch as again the car just didn't feel right. I was able to stay 2-3secs behind billybob for the first 18 laps.

I had originally planned to run 35-odd laps (basically until the full tank emptied) before pitting, but after 18 laps my tyres were completely stuffed, so i pitted at the end of lap 20, filled it up and planned to gamble on running to the end. I lost exactly a lap to Billybob, as he came out of the pits right infront of me again, and as i had newer tyres i was able to pass him and make some time, unfortunatly he got disconnected as it would have been interesting to see how we played out.

As i'd stopped early, it left me in about 7th place, so i spent the next 15 or so laps gradually closing on the Bersly/GroupC/shayn battle ahead. Eventually after all the stops played out for everyone else, i was in 3rd with a big gap to Shano in 4th, and only about 8secs off the battle for the lead between Webber & Dan..... unfortunatky my tyres were really gone by then, so when i saw the gap to the leaders growing by a second a lap, i knew i couldn't catch them, so i settled for third.

By the last 5 laps, my front left was on the verge of blowing out it was that gone, so i crawled home.

Overall though pleased to start the season with a third, and looking forward to Symmons next weekend Smile

PS...regarding the formation lap, can we perhaps make it a rule that you must go around the lap in grid order, that way you know a car won't be rushing up on you if your zig-zagging to warm the tyres up or something?

PPS...welcome Peter as well, you did well in qualifying, hopefully you get an un-interupted race next week Smile
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 8/29/2011, 12:13 am

David Paterson wrote:I'm using my real life set-up

Wow Dave! Do you ever change up your real set-up at all?

Wally, no extreme rush with the results, it's the fantastic racing that's the most important thing anyway. I think this mod is a headache for the system with all the different classes.

Though the results might make it seem like it was a straightforward weekend for the #17 Dick Johnson mobile, it was actually a battle. The open qualy session was fantastic, it's great to have to add the element of finding space to do a clean lap. The professional courtesy shown by everyone I watched was amazing, the best I've seen online and better than some real life series too (F1 at Spa anyone?). I had to throw my old strategy of one lap on chewing gum tyres and petrol vapours right out the window. Very very very close with I think about 0.3 or 0.4 seconds between the top 4 Sierras. Props to the winners in each car class too - there were groundbreaking times in pretty much every car actually.

In the race I had a clean getaway and spent the first few laps well ahead of the tight pack: Billy Bob, Dan_gtsx, and Racer69. I had a 1 pit strat and things were looking good. But then Dan_gtsx was mincing the gap and I completely missed the braking point for T1. Must have been feeling guilty about deserting the beautiful sounding Commodore V8. Woke up at the 2nd marker and pulled the rip cord, but overshot & had to mow some grass to get back on the track and Dan was in the lead. Then it was an extreme dice between Dan and me with who knows how many lead changes. Felt like 20. I couldn't believe how late Dan was braking into Turn 1!!! Just fantastic clean racing. Only once did we have real contact when I slightly nudged him onto the grass in final turn - instant redress. Two laps from the end, I did an Alan Jones!! and used Sharyn's 635CSi to get some extra draft on the straight, and ruthlessly held a defensive line after that. But still the win was by under a second.

It was a shame to be down Mozza and Wobbly, I think we all really hope one or both of those jokers will come back next race. I know Wobbly has unbelievable race pace and it was a shame he wasn't in the mix. There are always clashes of personality in racing, I've been on the giving and receiving end, normally it results in a walk down the pit lane, but online we all have this convenient chat box. Just imagine what the general chat would be like in the Aussie Racing cars, F1, or Nascar. Just use it to spur you on pirat

Bad luck to the disconnectors as well. Wally, Billy Bob, who else?

Considering that was a power track, with the huge straight, I reckon the rest of the series will be a bloody ripper!!!
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 8/29/2011, 5:44 am

after a lolt of study driving Sharyn's 635, I have found that it is no quicker and actually slightly slower than the m3. That being the case does anyone mind if I move her car from an open class car to class 2?
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR kris 8/29/2011, 7:57 am

no problem here wally

oh baby was that a power track lol i stuggeled with the comadore and found the sierras
pull away at the end of the home streight affraid

OH and thanks for the set up webber,
I adjusted your set a bit to keep the rear end under controll a bit more but it cocked the front tyres by me doing that,
which dropped my lap times 3sec for the final 8 or so laps
but as i get to know the car and throttle controll i might be able to use you setup as it was because it looked after all the tyres evenly
my gole last night was to finish without spinning though which i did (just)
so i was stall happy with the night, keeping it facing the finish bounce bounce

whos wife got lost and had to help them and parked there car on the track side LOL
i read somthing in the chat box in race, but didnt get the fall story.
woman scratch lol

Last edited by TTR kris on 8/29/2011, 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
TTR kris
TTR kris

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 8/29/2011, 8:24 am

Yer, I don't see a problem with that wally.

Peter308 left his car on the side of the track lol, was annoying me all race, kept thinking someone had come off. I had a word to him about writing stories during the race, and removing his car if he's not gonna race. Lol.

New guys Rolling Eyes lols

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 8/29/2011, 10:10 am

Ok guys have found the problem with sls going to take me a little while to fix but should have it done tonight. I had to take all your cars out but I will put them all back in made a copy first.

The problem for sls you have to put in all of the veh files in tcl they are a mixture of lower and upper case but rfactor appears to report them as uppercase so have to re enter them.

Sorry about this I did test it with the commodore cup and had no dramas an thought we all good to go
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by David Paterson 8/29/2011, 1:01 pm

Webber wrote:
David Paterson wrote:I'm using my real life set-up

Wow Dave! Do you ever change up your real set-up at all?

Because i'm new to the car, I haven't changed much since we started running it, just trying to get familiar with it. That said, i'm wearing the outside shoulders off the tyres and we can't get any more camber on the front, so yesterday i softened the front bar. We'll see how it goes this weekend.

I already tried it on rFactor with a softer front bar and it felt better. Smile
David Paterson
David Paterson

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR kris 8/29/2011, 1:22 pm

COOL, what about more toe out, or less toe in, doest that send wear from outside to insde also
TTR kris
TTR kris

Back to top Go down

Post by groupcaction 8/29/2011, 3:28 pm

Well well... a new season is already into full swing... Gotta say 1st up i had an absolute blast last night, everyone was driving really really well!! The M3 is a great car to drive over an hour long race thats for sure...

Quali: Went well, set a PB pretty early in the session... but i was really aiming at a race setup and wanted the BMW to be good on its tyres etc. Qualified 7th i think which i was happy with as that long first straight is a killer for the M3!

Race: Got a great start and outbraked a few into Turn 1, knowing that the chances of me running the frontrunners pace was about zero i settled into a pace that i could consistantly run at. From Lap 1 myself and Berlsy were having a great battle which reminded me about everything that was good about the old ATCC days. He'd nail me down the front straight with his Commodore then i'd spend the rest of the lap catching back to his bumper, sometimes getting in front of him into the last turn before he'd out drag me again down the front straight. This went on for about 20-25laps!!

AWESOME driving Berlsy, mate you withstood my pressure lap after lap after lap!!! Credit to you mate, that was a battle of epic preportions!

I ended up only just refueling the little beast at the stop & found out later in the last 10mins of the race that the tyres just couldn't last the distance... Abit trial n error in how i approached the race... I hope with a few more races i'll be able to extend tyre life and mix it with the Webbers, Dan's, Racer's etc alittle better...

Looking forward to this weekend alread hahaha Very Happy
groupcaction
groupcaction

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 8/29/2011, 4:28 pm

shaynskyline wrote:Yer, I don't see a problem with that wally.

Peter308 left his car on the side of the track lol, was annoying me all race, kept thinking someone had come off. I had a word to him about writing stories during the race, and removing his car if he's not gonna race. Lol.

I think like any motor race, there are good and bad places to leave the cars, as Peter was coming back, i understand why he didn't escape and retire, it sounded like he had to leave in a hurry. It didn't prove a problem for me where he left the car, after a few laps everyone knew it was there.

Hope to see Peter308 on the forum too Smile
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 8/29/2011, 6:46 pm

Fair enough.

Seemed like a pretty decent driver, good to keep the numbers up, now that a couple have pulled out.

We had good numbers last night, so hopefully it continues.

Everyone did really well.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by elgibo 8/29/2011, 9:31 pm

Didn't have time to practice at all since our last 87 outing Sad Been rather busy giving my notice at work and trying to sort out what jobs still need completed before I leave. Kind of put a downer on me the past couple of weeks. Thought I would turn up anyway and give it a go Very Happy

Quali was ok. Nothing amazing, just getting used to the car and shayns setup Smile Was much better than what I cobbled together from my past setup at Calder (thx shayn Smile). So after trundling around a few laps managed to get a 1.02.4 - a full second off shayns pace, so hopefully if I can get some more practice I will be up there with him flying the flag for nissan Very Happy At the moment though I'm sort of dragging it on the floor. Razz

Race - Got a reasonable start. Was sad to see shayn get swamped after his good quali, but I managed to gain quite a few positions into turn one. Watched the fords zoom away down the straight and settled into a moderate pace. Went off at turn 1 letting shayn through and managed to keep close pace with him for a couple of laps before he started to gap me. After reading the thread I realise that 3 stopping was an error! lol. Oh dear. No wonder I was lapped 3 times. However - I had a massive problem with my front left tyre overheating. I'm sure I wasn't the only one, but my tyre was half way through the red stage by lap 19. Not good. Perhaps should have considered super hards instead of just hards. After that, I tried to be a lot more conservative, trying my best not to lock up and letting off if I did. Probably would have been fighting Benny and Kris for 8th if I didn't 3 stop as I was about 8s behind them at the end, but I'm grateful to have salvaged 1 point from 10th place.

Was a very very quiet race for me. No battles, no drama, no nothing. Just a big practice session for me.
elgibo
elgibo

http://www.davegibson.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by shano 8/30/2011, 11:03 am

well didnt get the sierra on the pace of the other boys but slowly gettin there...
race was very quite for me... start foot slipped of clutch and bogged bad and shayn ate my rear lol... soz...
didnt get into any battles at all lol.... pitted and decided to not change tyres as usual lol.

worked out ok until last 5 laps when bersley started gain on me bad... i was hoggin the track tryin to keep him off but just couldnt do it for any longer and he got me on last corner...

was awesome race gonna change up strategy big time for symons and see how that goes....

well done to all lookin forward to next round.... man the 120 minute races are gonna be a killer lol.... 1 hour takes the puff outta ya...
shano
shano

Back to top Go down

Post by menthol369 8/30/2011, 2:18 pm

shano wrote: man the 120 minute races are gonna be a killer lol.... 1 hour takes the puff outta ya...

yeh its hard enough as it is

menthol369

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 8/31/2011, 10:31 am

Sorry For delay guys sls results are up took a little longer as only got internet back last night and I maxed out the iphone internet on Sunday night

http://www.ttrracing.com/sls/php/index.php?dataarray[dest]=resevent&dataarray[IDseason]=3&dataarray[IDrace]=10
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by David Paterson 8/31/2011, 10:54 am

My lap chart is pink, what are ya sayin?

Hahaha :0
David Paterson
David Paterson

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 8/31/2011, 11:08 am

Nothing Rolling Eyes

Lol
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down