Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Sound issues with all Sim Games Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Sound issues with all Sim Games Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Sound issues with all Sim Games Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Sound issues with all Sim Games Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Sound issues with all Sim Games Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Sound issues with all Sim Games Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Sound issues with all Sim Games Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Sound issues with all Sim Games Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Sound issues with all Sim Games Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Sound issues with all Sim Games Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Sound issues with all Sim Games

3 posters

Go down

Sound issues with all Sim Games Empty Sound issues with all Sim Games

Post by groupcaction 2/1/2012, 8:38 am

So i'm having a great time with computer dramas atm...

rFactor, GTL, GTR2 all now have a distortion sound inside the car and even worse bass distorted sound outside the car... At first i thought it might be a soundcard issue but i can play music in iTunes no worries, i checked YouTube and i can stream & hear sound fine there.

It only seems to be since yesterday arvo when i jumped on that this problem has arisen... The only thing i can thing is that my new Logitech headset has done something to my settings or maybe in Teamspeak??? Is there a way i can see my soundcard settings?? Its almost as if the volume is too high or something and the sound is distorted, i don't know any other way to describe it... Crying or Very sad

Its got me absolutely buggered and has got me mighty pissed off cause atm until i fix it i won't be sim racing!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated as when it comes to techo stuff i'm stumped.

Cheers
groupcaction
groupcaction

Back to top Go down

Sound issues with all Sim Games Empty Re: Sound issues with all Sim Games

Post by dano 2/1/2012, 9:02 am

Do you get the distortion regardless of whether the headphones are plugged in or not?

When I first started using my headphones I had to turn all the volume settings down in the rfactor audio settings.
I've also had occasions where I would get distortion in car. I think this was only when I plugged the headphones in with the sim running already, although I can usually get away with plugging them after the fact.

dano

Back to top Go down

Post by groupcaction 2/1/2012, 9:20 am

dano wrote:Do you get the distortion regardless of whether the headphones are plugged in or not?

When I first started using my headphones I had to turn all the volume settings down in the rfactor audio settings.
I've also had occasions where I would get distortion in car. I think this was only when I plugged the headphones in with the sim running already, although I can usually get away with plugging them after the fact.

Hey Dano.... Yeah i get distortion without the headphones, i must admit i haven't tried them on to see if its the same distortion in the headphones but i assume it would be... It's like the headphones may have changed some settings in my computer cause i used them for the first time on Sundays race and when i jumped on the computer for the first time yesterday, since sunday... i've had this drama...

They are just a straight plug in and use headset, they wouldn't have installed any files that could be causing a drama could they??
groupcaction
groupcaction

Back to top Go down

Post by dano 2/1/2012, 10:22 am

Assuming they're a usb headset they'd have installed some files.
Possibly they could be the cause. I don't know enough to say one way or the other.

I think if you just right click on the little speaker icon at the bottom right of the screen you should find all the audio levels and settings.

dano

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 2/1/2012, 1:34 pm

The only thing I can see that could have happened is that you equiliser might have changed increasing bass etc causing destortion. If you are running windows 7 is more of a possibility as you can set the settings for each application separately. I would start by resetting the equiliser to default. Would be happy to help you tonight or another night it is something that we could do easier on teams peak and can guide you a few things to change and see if we can sort it out
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by groupcaction 2/1/2012, 2:29 pm

This is the headset i bought guys...

http://www.logitech.com/en-au/webcam-communications/internet-headsets-phones/devices/5848

You can connect it two ways to the computer, i'm starting to think i may have connected it via the mic & earphone jacks on the front of my computer which would that mean i've gone straight to the soundcard?? Isn't that how those ports work?? Maybe i've changed something when i did that... Mic's work on Wav.files don't they?

Cheers for all the help guys!!
groupcaction
groupcaction

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 2/1/2012, 2:39 pm

If you have used the front jacks they are the same as the back without putting a cd nothing you have done pluging it can have changed the sound settings unless you have a independent sound card. Are you running windows 7 vista or xp
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by groupcaction 2/1/2012, 2:59 pm

I'm not sure if i have an independant sound card or not... I bought it from Dell so i'm not sure how they set theres up. I run XP Benny... I do recall on Sunday before the race i plugged it into the two jacks into the front of the computer & when i went through teamspeak i did the setup and the voice test had alot of a distorted echo but when i used it during and after the race my voice sounded ok... is there a chance i did something in Teamspeak???
groupcaction
groupcaction

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 2/1/2012, 3:17 pm

No I wouldn't think so. On the back of the computer there is a vertical panel about 200mm tall by 50mm wide there should be a green and pink socket in this section if so it has oboard sound card. If the speaker are down further on a silver horizontal panel about 10mm tall by 150mm wide then it is independent sound card. If you have independent it is possible when you plugged in the front sockets it reverted to the on board sound card because the leads would go from the front panel to the motherboard.

Try plugging into rear with headset instead of front unplugging speakers and see what difference it makes

Let me know when you are home and we can try stuff with us both on teams peak
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by groupcaction 2/2/2012, 12:14 pm

Will do Benny i'll let you know, prob won't get a chance to have a look at my computer till Sat morn... Cheers again mate!!
groupcaction
groupcaction

Back to top Go down

Post by groupcaction 2/6/2012, 4:32 pm

So Benny i had a look mate, looks like i've got a onboard soundcard from what you described... i transfered a sound folder to another laptop to make sure the wav.files are ok and the sounds all worked as normal/perfect when i played/tested them on Windows Media Player but i'm still having the same problem on my rig.

I'm clueless as to what it could be...

Would it be just easier for me to install a new soundcard??? I've been thinkin of adding some more RAM anyway to my rig...

Cheers, Brent
groupcaction
groupcaction

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 2/6/2012, 4:47 pm

Na I don't think you need to do that If you arrange a time I'm happy to spend time with you on Teamspeak where I can have my computer and guide you through a few things to try I'm sure it is only going to be a setting error that we should be able to sort out.

With Ram What Opperating system do you have you know there is no point going more than 4gig on a non 64bit operating system. depending on the ram you have DDR 1 DDR 2 or DDR 3 I'll probably have some I can send up to you
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by groupcaction 2/6/2012, 4:57 pm

Would sometime Wednesday night suit you Benny?? I run XP with currently 2GB of RAM, i was thinkin of going up to 4GB of RAM... I think my comp runs DDR 2...

Its a Dell Dimension E520 that i bought in 2008
groupcaction
groupcaction

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 2/6/2012, 9:19 pm

Yeah at this stage wednesday all good after 8 would be good if possible will pm you during the day wednesday to confirm.

To be honest I have never noticed huge difference between 2 gig and 3 / 4 gig on xp machines. I just had a look haven't got any 2 gig sticks at the moment sorry

I use kingston brand for memory when you go to look for some it is good value and I never have any drama's but will explain more about ram with you on wednesday too
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 2/8/2012, 6:16 pm

Hey Brent I'm just taken my young bloke to cricket should be back around and available to help about 8 ish does that suit you
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by groupcaction 2/8/2012, 6:21 pm

Yeah mate i'll be around... Thanks for that Benny
groupcaction
groupcaction

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content