Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Nurberg Sprint RD3 Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Nurberg Sprint RD3 Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Nurberg Sprint RD3 Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Nurberg Sprint RD3 Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Nurberg Sprint RD3 Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Nurberg Sprint RD3 Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Nurberg Sprint RD3 Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Nurberg Sprint RD3 Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Nurberg Sprint RD3 Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Nurberg Sprint RD3 Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Nurberg Sprint RD3

+7
Kakswell
shano
DV_8
peter308
Wally26
David Paterson
shaynskyline
11 posters

Go down

Post Nurberg Sprint RD3 Empty Post Nurberg Sprint RD3

Post by shaynskyline 2/5/2012, 8:52 pm

So . .

I'll keep this short, dont wanna whinge too much.

Made good times all week. Stuffed Qualifying, only good enough for 9th.

Race:

Was going pretty well for a few laps, keeping up with the lead pack behind Shano's volvo. He and someone went around at turn 1 got caught up a bit there. Managed to get through with no damage. This put Mozza on my rear bumper.

Held him off for a bit, but he took a chance and made a move on me into the chicane at the top of the hill. While i was trying to take the line into the corner he undercut me and i hit the tyres. Dragged the car to the pits to get a new bumper and front left rubber.

Spent a few laps trying to chase down people that had already lapped me. So was kinda pointless. I'd catch a couple but then was worried about passing them and holding up people going for spots. So i rammed the Alfa into a wall in disgust.

Waste of week of practice really. My own fault i guess, should expect people to try and pass in a tight chicane. Just cos i wouldn't do it, doesn't mean others won't. Maybe i gotta be more aggressive.

Well done to the guys first across the line, Webber, Racer and Mozza. You guys were putting in great times all week. Well done.

Cyas.

Last edited by shaynskyline on 2/5/2012, 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post Nurberg Sprint RD3 Empty Re: Post Nurberg Sprint RD3

Post by Guest 2/5/2012, 9:28 pm

Interesting race tonight. Quali didnt exactly go how I planned either, so yeah.

Quali - Couldn't get a clean lap in at all, managed a 44.2, which was slower than I managed in my full fuel run. Was hoping for a 43, but it never happened. 2nd row start for the Merc, with the M3s of Webber and Racer ahead of me.

Race - Got a good start, managed to stay in 3rd until the last corner, when I got a massive tank slapper coming out of it and looped it. Had virtually everyone go past and was 11th or 13th...
Started up again and chased after the field.
Managed to start picking people off as I worked my way through, with my cause being helped by a bit of a car park at T1 involving shano, shaynskyline, Corty and god knows who else.
I made a move up the inside of shayn at the chicane with the tyres and he tried to cut back underneath me, only to smash into one of the tyres and rip his front spoiler off, and I would assume get a flat tyre??
After that I caught Kaks, who did the team mate (Alonso/Massa?) thing and let me go through unimpeded. Very nice of you mate, you didnt need to though!! Lol.

Then there was a bit of a gap to GroupC in his overweight Swedish Jenny Craig mobile, which I caught and passed him at the hairpin between the 2 tracks, his weight obviously playing against him. Was able to hold him off, JUST, down the straights until I could gap him a bit...
Then next up was Stevo, who was a few seconds up the road in the Alfa. It took a few more laps to catch up to him, but I was able to also round him up at the chicane with the tyres. Alfa boys struggling to put their power to the ground compared to the Merc maybe??

The there was a huge gap to racer in the overloaded Mardi Gras mobile (11seconds), which meant I had to put my head down. Punched out constant 34's I think, and managed to close the gap down to his bumper with one and half laps left to run. Tried an optimistic dive at the chicane with the tyres again, but couldnt get the old bus pulled up and had to cruise through on the wrong side of the 2nd tyre bundle. Slowed as I went through to make sure Racer got the possy back then tried to get back past as we ran onto the straight but there wasn't much chance.
Finished 3rd, glued to the Mardi Gras float in front of me. Very Happy

Not looking forward to the Merc having weight at the next round now. If I get to it! LOL.

Edit - Shayn, are you serious? Like serious, serious? Cos that chicane is no different to any other corner that you need to brake for on the track. I passed a few people through there and without an incident, even on the last lap, when I stuffed it up, neither Racer nor I touched panels or anything. YOU tried to undercut in a corner that doesn't really allow it, and stuffed it. I didnt have control of your Alfa. You did.

Cheers.

Back to top Go down

Post by David Paterson 2/5/2012, 9:34 pm

Qualified last, 1s off my midweek pace, but that only cost me one place. Got a very poor start, but some other back markers had terrible starts and i was 14th in to T1. Smile

Stayed there for several laps and had a great dice with V8 Video Player. Twice I lost it at T1 and spun backwards into the apex, manged to get hit both times, but no damage. He got away and then I had a great dice with Nuty Bolts. Nuty got a good run on me exiting the complex and made a nice clean pass then lost it at the short cut and i t-boned him. That cost him a bit and I got away.

Then i lost it at the second last corner and headbutted the tractor tyres, ripping off the front bar and destroying a tyre. Didn't know the tyre was buggered until just after pit entry. Grr!!!!! Race ruined right there. Evil or Very Mad I came out of the pits half a lap behind the guys i had been running with.

5 minutes to go and i did it again, carbon copy. Came out of the pits and almost everyone had lapped me, at least once. Plugged on to finish a lonely last.
David Paterson
David Paterson

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 2/5/2012, 9:44 pm

Post Nurberg Sprint RD3 Nurb_r10

Weights
racer69- 108
GroupCAction- 81
webber- 45
Billy bob -36
Mozza- 27
CortyGT- 9
Stevo- 9

Last edited by Wally26 on 2/5/2012, 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by peter308 2/5/2012, 9:51 pm

hey no race report from me dont want to send anyone to sleep Sleep ha ha r the weight stats in live racer correct i will let you guys work out why hate being the bearer of bad news and sorry if im wrong

cheers all

peter308

Back to top Go down

Post by DV_8 2/5/2012, 10:26 pm

More computer problems forced me out. I think I know what is causing it and I will attempt to solve it this week. If the problem is not found I'm out for the rest of the season.
DV_8
DV_8

Back to top Go down

Post by shano 2/5/2012, 10:27 pm

yeah bit of the pace here but all goods... just plodded along... think i rammed corty.. sorry about that i screwed it again....

had a spin and yeah made a nice traffic jam lol... it happens .....after that just plodded along and picked up a few spots... wd top 3 and all that finished...

ah notice shaz is gettin along prety well now to... massive improvement nice 1...

and yeah just sayin if ya plow a tyre walll and have a flat and no bumper do you really think you need to drive on the racin line...??? like ya cars $^&&*&^^ drive it of the race line and limp dic mode back to pits...yeah that is you alfa driver... like seiously... i no wat you were tryin to accomplish but epic fail mr....
shano
shano

Back to top Go down

Post by Kakswell 2/5/2012, 10:34 pm

hey shaynskyline.. just remember the bump you done to me on our first race in these cars.. put me into the grass.. lost 8 places or so.. its all good dude.. happins in racin! chill

Kakswell

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 2/5/2012, 10:44 pm

Ok, look im sorry for ruining everyone's race alright.

Shano, i didn't realise i had a flat yet at that point, or i woulda went into the pits as i was right next to the entry. I only realised on the straight when my front left turned yellow and hit 180c.

So i'm sorry for that.

From now on you can read all about my races on the SLS results table.
3 or 4 people have mentioned that my whinging is becoming annoying.

I'll try to keep a lid on it from now on.

That's enough negativity. Please, just more reports now ok.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 2/5/2012, 10:53 pm

DV_8 could you precisely describe what is happening with your computer? Benny is a wunderkind with computers and a few of us know a thing or two.

Shayn, don't feel too bad, I had a look at the replay and it was a racing incident, you were trying hard and going fast and on the pace and at the end of the day, that's what matters. That tyre wall belongs on a street track not a GP-strecke. I know how frustrating it is after a similar thing happened at the exact same part of the track in WTCC to me. I just reckon it's awesome that an online simulator can make us feel so emotional!! When it all comes down to it, bygones are bygones. Don't stop writing reports.

After my computer crashed last race I had an advantage: no weight. That allowed me to win. I mesh with this track pretty well -- the most practice I've EVER done was in WTCC trying to beat GroupCAction in his Sierra, with a Commodore, which was a classic pair of races. So I have the lines pretty much sorted.

That said, racer69 did not give up, pushing me hard at the start and VERY hard in the middle when he had a real run. The weight takes its toll at the end of the race though and he did well to avoid being snapped up by a fast closing Mozza, who must have run out of adrenaline after an amazing seat-of-the-pants drive!

It was fantastic to have such a good turnout, with some drivers who sometimes can't make it, all we were missing was Wobbs Benny Berlsy Obbzy and BillyBob. I enjoyed watching the replay from many perspectives, good clean racing everywhere and some balls to the wall laps in qualy!
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 2/5/2012, 11:01 pm

i for one enjoy your race reports. if an incident happens your not happy about maybe wait for a day b4 you write them.

Also that is it for gripes on the forum now... against the rules of the league.... the correct procedure is to contact me about the situation and i will review and deal out what i think is fair. Any further may result in drive through or weight penalties next round...

Ok mustang went as expected here, shocking, did my best though and managed to crawl through from 13th in qual to 8th overall andreceive one point Very Happy Highlight was a small battle with peter in the mercedes, he drove really well and I eventually had to concede to him. wd mate. wd to the top 5, many were carrying some substancial weight and still managed well.

OK here's an early prediction... Mustang will be well and truly competitive next round and now I lost my weight..... watch out m3's and mercs, here I come lol

W26
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by DV_8 2/5/2012, 11:30 pm

Basically the game just freezes on occasion. Generally its the middle of the race. Sometimes it will go away but sometimes it keeps happening. I'm only running the game on my laptop its a couple of years old its a Intel Core Duo 2.4 GHZ, 3.00GB RAM and its running a NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GS video card if that's any help. The battery is stuffed on it, I've got a new one on the way. The only problem I have on the laptop is sometimes when I start it up I put in my password fine, but the keyboard won't work. If I then restart it everything is fine. I did get a purple screen just before for the first time. I do think the battery is causing problems but perhaps the video card as well. I should also mention this problem started occurring during the Surfers Paradise round of the HQ series and has continued on.
DV_8
DV_8

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 2/5/2012, 11:43 pm

You know what, I think I experienced your exact problem.

There are 2 things to fix.

One: find rFconfig.exe in your ../rFactor/ folder, and change directx 9 to directx 8.

Two: if you have installed the Nvidia FPS Fix from rFactorCentral, delete it and restore the original file.

I recently changed my directx back to 9 because a track said it needed it, and I think that caused my crash last week

That, or it's overheating Rolling Eyes
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by David Paterson 2/6/2012, 12:11 am

Webber wrote: find rFconfig.exe in your ../rFactor/ folder, and change directx 9 to directx 8.

I recently changed my directx back to 9 because a track said it needed it, and I think that caused my crash last week

Mainz-Finthen requires DX9, it's part of this series.
David Paterson
David Paterson

Back to top Go down

Post Nurberg Sprint RD3 Empty Post Nurberg Sprint RD3

Post by BillyBob 2/6/2012, 5:48 am

couldnt make this one unfortunately but hopefully back next week. (In all honesty i had done no practice here in the volvo and couldnt get it to go fast anyway)

and weight penalties seem to work as i think the extra 36 kgs in practice added nearly a second.

Well done winners... bad luck shayn.
BillyBob
BillyBob
Financial Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 2/6/2012, 3:45 pm

A real competitive race last night, well done to everyone.

I managed to get onto the front row with a final lap of qualifying, and at the start i braked as late as i dared, thinking that if i wanted to win the race i needed to get infront of Webber at the start.

We went round turn 1 side by side but i had to drop into to second. I pushed as hard as i could ealry on but Web was creeping away. As the race got towards mid-distance i started catching again, and i think got the gap back down to about a second, but in the latter third of the race Webber took off and i had to change my focus to a fast closing Mozza.

Over the last few laps Mozza was going REALLY quick, and two laps from home he was on my tail, and had a few little goes at me. I knew he would be having a go somewhere towards the end of the last lap, and he got a tow towards the chicane and pulled a great move on the inside which JUST failed to come off, he rejoined behind me and we finished nose-to-tail, a great finish to the race Smile

Roll on Avus Smile

shaynskyline wrote:i didn't realise i had a flat yet at that point, or i woulda went into the pits as i was right next to the entry. I only realised on the straight when my front left turned yellow and hit 180c.

Same thing happened to me at Zolder shayn, i hit the wall and kept going, everything felt ok until i touched the brakes for the chicane and all of a sudden all i could see were sparks as a sailed through the gravel trap. It can happen to anyone.

Keep up the race reports too, i enjoy reading them mate.
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by groupcaction 2/6/2012, 4:47 pm

That was a very hard night indeed... The extra weight idea is great idea for pulling the field back together thats forsure.

Quali: I set a PB which was about 4 tenths down on my weightless Volvo time i did in practice hahaha

Race: Got a semi good getaway, the extra weight is hard to get the revs right, coupled with alittle bit of turbo lag and i really made no ground on anyone. My race was alittle quiet but i did have a race long game of chase with Stevo in his Alfa. I stayed with him in the first few laps till he drove away from me. Mozza came up on me like i was on a Sunday drive hahaha i didn't even bother trying to fight him as i thought he could be a good player to mix it up with Racer n Webber and maybe steal some points from them. Later in the race i caught Stevo back as i think his tyres may have started to go off ??? I soldiered on to 4th, that was the best i was gonna do as the front 3 drove an excellent race.... WD all... Again backmarkers were all fantastic in letting the leaders through...

Onto Avus now, def a hp track but with more weight for the Volvo, it'll be hard to say if i'll be able to keep near the front... Looking ahead a Top 5 again would be like a win. Lookout for steamroller Wally in the Mustang, that thing is going to be very strong as he showed at Hockenheim... Cya on track!!
groupcaction
groupcaction

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down