Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Mainz Finthen Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Mainz Finthen Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Mainz Finthen Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Mainz Finthen Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Mainz Finthen Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Mainz Finthen Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Mainz Finthen Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Mainz Finthen Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Mainz Finthen Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Mainz Finthen Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Mainz Finthen

+7
David Paterson
DV_8
Partenope
racer69
Berlsy
Webber
shaynskyline
11 posters

Go down

Post Mainz Finthen Empty Post Mainz Finthen

Post by shaynskyline 2/19/2012, 8:53 pm

Whoa!

Post Mainz Finthen Ainz_r10

Weights for next round:-
Berlsy- 45
GroupCAction- 72
Webber- 99
Billy bob -54
Stevo- 45
Wally26- 63
Peter308- 9

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post Mainz Finthen Empty Re: Post Mainz Finthen

Post by Webber 2/19/2012, 8:57 pm

Gah!

Enjoyed my race but might deserve a weight sanction for helping racer69 on his way in T3.

Well done to the many who outperformed themselves!
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlsy 2/19/2012, 9:20 pm

what a race, had a ball in these cars. spent most of the race trying to get past groupc for the lead, was on his bumper for half the race but couldn't find a way through. finally managed to sneak up the inside at the hairpin only to lock the rears and spin a couple of laps later. spent the rest of the race trying to catch up to groupc again. was hounding groupc's bumper but couldn't get passed again, was all over him on the twisty stuff but the volvo had to much grunt down the straight. with about 5 mins to go groupc got crossed up coming onto the straight and the mighty m3 was able to get passed. had a couple of dicey moments with back markers crashing towards the end but was able to hang on for the win Very Happy
that was an awesome drive groupc, haven't had a battle like that for ages and i don't think we even swapped paint. catch ya's later cheers

i reckon we should have a crack at a wet race some time too, good fun slipping and sliding all over the place

Berlsy

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 2/19/2012, 9:34 pm

A really great little track this one, made for great racing and good fun to drive.

My race was eventful and short.

After qualifying 5th and with the weight i had on, i knew the only way to get amongst the frontrunners was to try and get ahead of them at the start.

I got a great start (both times) , but the second time I went a little wide at turn 1 which had me in third or fourth, and then through the three & four chicane i messed up my gear change which put me off and down to 7th. I had a great little battle with Wally and once i managed to sneak ahead i set off after Webber who was a few seconds clear. I was about 3secs behind when i hit the inside tyres at turn 1 which gave me a puncture.

I pitted and came out in 11th, i put my foot down to try and gain some time, before i again hit the tyres at turn 3 & 4, through trying too hard, and that put me out.

A shame, but thats racing

Webber wrote:Enjoyed my race but might deserve a weight sanction for helping racer69 on his way in T3.

That was my fault Web, no need to worry, i went to grab third gear but i wrong slotted and put it in 1st gear.
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Partenope 2/19/2012, 9:43 pm

Thank's guys i had a great time!!!!! and very happy to finish my first race.
Partenope
Partenope

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 2/19/2012, 9:44 pm

You did well Partenope. Congrats to Berlsy and top 3.

Now, i know i said i wasn't gonna be doing reports anymore. But after that race, i just have to. It was too good.

Qualifying:

Meh, went ok, got a couple traffic delays, only managed a 1:02.6 i think. 8th on the grid.

Race:

Got a decent start and set off on my way, for the first 5 laps i was hanging on to the back of Wally and Racer. Couldn;t believe it but Racer, with his 99kg on board was doing better than me at keeping pace with Wally in a Mustang. Amazing. Then, Disaster!!! I got a little crazy into turn one on lap 5 and rammed straight into the concrete filled tyres. FFFFFFFFFF. Blown tyre, Red front bar, last place into the pits i go. Which luckily were just up the road. I was so close to hitting the escape button at this point. So very angry. Idiot. Idiot. Idiot.

Sitting in the pits for 43 seconds, watching everyone fly by i decided to push on and see if i could get any spots back. I'd done too much practice to just throw it in.

Came out of the pits in 14th, last. Trippy was 50 seconds up the road. Drove my ass off with fresh tyres and 5 laps lighter on fuel. By lap 10 newcomer Partenope was only 28 seconds up the road. Trippy must have picked him off.

By lap 20 i had regained a couple places due to people pitting or coming off. So im sitting in 10th place right behind Wally in 5th. Trippy was now in my sights and just a few metres in front of the big blue Mustang. I knew i had a bit of a battle to get by Wally who was still alap ahead of me, so i was very carefull not to commit the ultimate sin and knock off a driver while lapped. I spent a few laps inching towards Wally but falling off him on the straight.

Then, something amazed me. On lap 23 Wally slowed to let me by. Allowing me to go after the 9th placed M3 of Trippy. Thanks Wally, i know you prolly did it cos you were a lap ahead of me, so what damage could i do to you. But thanks anyways. Best.

Trippy hit a concrete tyre on the same lap and i took 7th spot. BL guy. In 6th place was David Paterson 8 seconds up the road. He made it the hardest to get by. Great driving man, i was actually getting a little annoyed cos i couldn't get by the M3. Which caused a couple little errors.
On lap 27 or so, David went a bit wide onto the straight and i got by him at last. Finally a battle with him, great fun.

Next challenge, catch Peter308 in the Merc. Merc's are fast, Peter is a great driver and he is 21 seconds up the road. NO CHANCE. Only 12 or so laps to go. I pressed on and started to shave some time off the red Merc. By lap 35 the gap was down to 10seconds!! Am i chance to get another spot?

On the 42nd and what i thought was the last lap i had gotten to within 2 seconds of him. Cos i had seen 000000 remaining on the chat window the start of the last lap i thought it was all over. I flashed my lights at Peter for the lols, but the flag didn't appear!!! Then Peter proceeded to do a celebratory spin, seeing my lights. I realised what had happened and waited for him to come back around and take his 5th place.
Sorry man. Well done, too good man.

To be last, stuffed car, in the pits. And to finish 6th. This has to be in top 3 of my races at TTR. I know a few people retired and i didnt have to pass everyone, but my race was done and i rescued it. So good.

thanks for the race people. cyas next round.

Last edited by shaynskyline on 2/19/2012, 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by DV_8 2/19/2012, 9:54 pm

I'm having a shocking run at the moment. Didn't qualify too well considering the times that I had done in practice. Got through the first start alright, wasn't too pleased to see a restart given that restarts generally turn out bad for me. I had a pretty good start the second time around but it lasted half a lap before I was spun around. Pretty annoyed that it happened but I understand it was not intentional. I ended up somewhere near last and made my way through the field but I made an error and hit a tyre which busted my tyre and I gave up. Must say I hate restarts I have a bad history with them going back to my short time in karts. If I'm to take a positive from this round I did switch to my old pc and I didn't have any problems, so I will stick with that for now. Great job Berlsy.
DV_8
DV_8

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 2/19/2012, 10:06 pm

that is epic shayn.
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by David Paterson 2/19/2012, 10:45 pm

I really enjoyed tonight's race. It's the first time i've felt like a genuine mid field contender amongst you lot, instead of just a backmarker making up the numbers.

Qualified 15th out of 17 and got a good start, cautiously backed off at the first corner because I knew there'd be trouble. I must be psychic. Smile

Was up to 11th in a couple of laps and having a great four way dice with three other M3s. Smile One by one, cars ahead of me struck trouble and I actually passed the odd one or two and found myself in 6th place! How good's this.

Late in the race, two of the quicker guys who had early race dramas caught me and I made them work for it. Eventually they were just too quick and i ended up finishing 8th. I'm very happy with that and it's a lot better than I expected when i gridded up in 15th.
David Paterson
David Paterson

Back to top Go down

Post by Shazam 2/20/2012, 8:15 am

Question: Who called a restart and why?

Qual: 1.04.6 Position 12, I think. Not my best time but I was happy with it.

Race: Restart, got off ok until T1 and went a bit wide onto grass so as not to clip anyone and poor Shano, don't know what happened but he went off to the right just before T1 and then went across the track, clipping a few people then went onto the grass going the wrong way and hit me head on. Not upset with you Shano, accidents happen. Was in 2nd last place and had moved up to 10th until I hit a 44 gallon drum that didn't budge. Into the pits. A few laps later the same thing, into the pits again. Finished 11th, I think.

Overall a very crappy race.

Sharyn
Shazam
Shazam

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 2/20/2012, 8:26 am

I called one, cos I got spun around and saw some others go round, then I said "nvm" cos it looked like I was the only moron to spin around.

If you don't call for it you won't get one, I don't mind if it doesn't restart, but I'm gonna call it on the first turn. Wether the race restarts orr not is up to Wally.

I don't mind if there is 5 restarts, as long as everyone gets through without being turned around due to an accidental hit.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by groupcaction 2/20/2012, 8:37 am

Well what a race...

Quali: Went really well for the Volvo... I set a PB & i thought i had pole till Webber nailed me in the final few minutes... WD mate!!

Race: Knowing this track is alittle bit of a HP track i knew if i got the start it could be a cracker!! I got the jump on Webber both starts but was surprised to see Bersly hot on my heels... i tried to shake him early but he just slowly kept cruising up onto my bumper. I knew from there i wasn't going to be able to beat him on pace so i had to start thinking about where he could have a shot at me when he got to my bumper.

We had a massive battle for what felt like 10laps... Bersly got through only to outbrake himself into T1... he spun, i just missed him & then i thought with that 5-6sec gap i got that i may be able to hold on... NO hahaha Bersly drove another stellar stint where he again cruised up to my bumper and hounded the Volvo... A combination of massive pressure and tyres goin off, i made a mistake coming onto the straight and the lil M3 got me.

I held on for 2nd, which i don't think i've felt so happy with a 2nd...

Great race Bersly... not sure if thats your first TCL victory, but well done mate... We always seem to have great battles you n me but that one took the cake!!

Won't be at the next round as i'll be at Soundwave Festival... So have fun guys!! Catch ya at the track soon!
groupcaction
groupcaction

Back to top Go down

Post by Shazam 2/20/2012, 8:49 am

Firstly, thank-you Shayn for answering my question.

I didn't call for a restart as Wally had said that was the only restart that race and I also thought that half the field had to be taken out before a restart. Will PM Wally regarding it. I am annoyed but as you said, you are going to call for a RS, it's up to Wally if he does it or not.

Sharyn
Shazam
Shazam

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 2/20/2012, 10:28 am

Basically I realised that I shouldn't have called for it so I said nvm. And you are right Shaz he did say there needed to be several casualties. I'll make sure I hold off on the rs button from now on. So sorry abt that. Its all very heat of the moment.

Looking back I would have been better off to just keep going cos I destroyed my car on the restarted race putting me a lap down.

So yeah, just have to have a better look at the circumstances in the future. Sorry if it affected your race Shaz.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by Shazam 2/20/2012, 10:38 am

shaynskyline wrote: Sorry if it affected your race Shaz.

You didn't stuff my race Shayn, that is not what I meant.

The accident on T1 and my crappy driving stuffed my race.

Sharyn
Shazam
Shazam

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 2/20/2012, 10:57 am

Ok good. Lol

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 2/20/2012, 11:30 am

What to do?

I can only judge usually by how much carnage is around myself.

I need everyone to make adjustments at starts and drive suitably to avoid any incidents that may require one..

ok back to what to do??hmmmm
Got it
Ok I need a runner from near the rear of the field to state whether we need a restart or GO after the first corner. I will not listen to anyone apart from this person.

So,
Shazam this job is alocated to you, either on TS or by typing you will say either Restart or go

Wally26

Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 2/20/2012, 12:14 pm

Post Mainz Finthen Mainz_11
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by Shazam 2/20/2012, 12:25 pm

Wally26 wrote:Ok I need a runner from near the rear of the field to state whether we need a restart or GO after the first corner. I will not listen to anyone apart from this person.

So,
Shazam this job is alocated to you, either on TS or by typing you will say either Restart or go

Oh. (Well that will teach me to keep my big mouth closed) Razz

Sharyn
Shazam
Shazam

Back to top Go down

Post by shano 2/20/2012, 1:43 pm

yeah ahm i caused shayn to call restart on first ocassion. was just a normal first corner bumper nudge as ya do..

and second start lost it under brakes and went on grass totally could not do nothin about it.. went across in front of every1 and got shaz.. sorry about that

sittin it out till adelaide race now.. gonna focus on me cannon balls in the pool for a few weeks...
shano
shano

Back to top Go down

Post by Shazam 2/20/2012, 1:48 pm

shano wrote:sittin it out till adelaide race now.. gonna focus on me cannon balls in the pool for a few weeks...

Isn't Adelaide this Sunday the 26th?

Sharyn
Shazam
Shazam

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 2/20/2012, 1:50 pm

See ya Sunday then Smile server is set for next sunday's TTR V8 Support race
fuel/tyres x3
pit stops if required
2x20 lap races
any atcc car
low abs and traction allowed
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 2/20/2012, 2:54 pm

So the Norisring DTM round is the sunday after yeah?

All this TCL + the VLVOLVO series is gonna take up half the year!

Great stuff!

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 2/20/2012, 4:46 pm

I'll miss next week as i'll be at the Bathurst 12hr , which is a shame as i can't wait to get back into the Sierra, but i'll be back to normal the week after Smile
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shano 2/20/2012, 5:16 pm

oh lol well see ya sunday then.. best i get into the vl and get it goin on...
shano
shano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/20/2012, 5:59 pm

Sounds like a great race. Not too cut I missed it, I had my fun Thursday night.

Hopefully I'll see ya's Sunday. Karting season kicks off this week, so I might be too buggered to run. If I do, shano, I'm gonna attach the Merc to your rear bumper ;-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down