Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Rd1 Daytona Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Rd1 Daytona Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Rd1 Daytona Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Rd1 Daytona Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Rd1 Daytona Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Rd1 Daytona Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Rd1 Daytona Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Rd1 Daytona Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Rd1 Daytona Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Rd1 Daytona Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Rd1 Daytona

+3
TTR Benny
HazzA
shaynskyline
7 posters

Go down

Post Rd1 Daytona Empty Post Rd1 Daytona

Post by shaynskyline 3/6/2012, 10:29 pm

Great night of racing. First round went well.

Um, i think i qualified about 8th.

Race 1 i came in 5th place. There was a crash early on i managed to get through and lots of people didnt make it. My car was broken somehow and wouldn't go over 295kms. I was far enough ahead to limp to the finish line in 5th.

Next race was an Epic battle with NutyBolts and Benny for 5th - 7th. I think i came in 6th behind Nuty. We changed places a few times and it was very close the whole race. Very clean and controlled racing. Well done. Dunno who won. I think Sonofa.

Race 3, was disappointing. About 6 laps in the lead pack of 6 cars was going well. Then Kiwi got a little wild and over corrected taking out BillyBob, who in turn rammed the crap out of me and my Chev was sent flipping down the road. I think i get the award for best crash.

Very fun racing these cars, if you didn't come cos maybe it sounds boring, its ace fun.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post Rd1 Daytona Empty Re: Post Rd1 Daytona

Post by HazzA 3/6/2012, 11:27 pm

Was a really fun and exciting night.

Driving by yourself can get very boring, but with a group of 2 or more, it's good, and fun stuff.

Quali went ok for me, I qualied 4th-5th i believe.

1st Race went well, I got a good start from the green flag, and got a nice draft into turn 1 and came out 2nd, after a few laps, had a break away of 3 drivers, Shano, myself & benny, was good stuff, with myself & benny switching places numerous times and drafting to keep up with shano. few laps of racing and benny had abit of a problem, possibly got a nudge by a lap downer? and dropped out of the draft and couldnt keep up with shano & myself.
Ended the race in 2nd, with shano just ahead.

2nd race had abit of a shocker, starting from 15th because of the reverse grid, and turn 2 had troubles, I believe someone was weaving up and down the track lol and ended up hitting him, spinning off down the track. Put me to last place, so I ended up picking up with Dano to try and catch up abit, we went fairly well, gaining alot of time on Dayne, but Dano dropped off me and was down a few seconds by the end.
Ended up 10th due to a few drivers DNF'ing.

3rd Race was another beauty, starting from 7th, got a really good jump off the start, and once again 2nd by the end of turn 1, but a big pack of us, about 6 and it was back and forth between positions. A few drivers ended up colliding and dropping off leaving just Webber, myself and Peter i believe. Peter dropped right off the pace, and ended up with another group of racers, but Webber & myself raced off into the distance and ended up 1-2.
Ended up 2nd again with another good result.

Cheers guys, look forward to Bristol!!! (NOT!)

HazzA

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 3/7/2012, 3:34 pm

Had a great nights racing last Race one battled with hazza and Shano trying my best to push Hazza past shano and Hoping I could tag along. We Tried everything but with Shano driving great holding the yellow line we couldn't quite get the bump draft to go around the outside. About 4 laps to go coming past dayne being lapped he came down the track heading on to the main straight (trying to get out of the way unfortunately I was already down bellow him) pushing me off line and out of the draft of hazza. The gap they pulled in the last few laps was amazing

Race 2
Shayn nuttybolts and myself played the drafting game for the whole race was good fun

Race 3 got a tap pre the start and then missed the start slowed a little to team up with dano to give us both a chance to catch the others. We got up to 4th and 5th which I was pretty happy with

Bristol next week make sure you do some laps as it is no brick on the throttle track actual extremely hard going to be some serious carnage next week
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 3/7/2012, 3:52 pm

shaynskyline wrote:Great night of racing. First round went well.

Then Kiwi got a little wild and over corrected taking out BillyBob,

Sorry Billy Bob.... didn't realise I had taken you out... Crying or Very sad

Race 1. Crashed on my own (lap 5) but don't think I cause too much carnage... Sonofa clipped me on the way through as I was spinning....
Race 2. Got pushed low by Billy Bob on lap 1 or 2 .... spun crashed and went to make a coffee.... Wink
Race 3. Thought i had a good race until it was pointed out I had caused Billy Bob and others to crash..... Shocked

Not sure if I am having the fun I hoped it would be.... Razz

Kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 3/7/2012, 5:40 pm

Lol nvm Kiwi, its pretty easy to get out of control. Doesn't take much to send 5 cars spinning.

Bristol is gonna be crazy. Hard to keep going on your own around let alone with 18 cars around you.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 3/7/2012, 6:53 pm

Yeah I don't think you can be blamed for anything with these cars Kiwi, especially on the first night racing.

Once it gets a little sideways, it's tough to correct, and you're basically a passenger.
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by dano 3/8/2012, 8:43 am

I have to agree with Shayn and Webber on this Kiwi. I mean have you seen the real thing?
Those guys are far worse than us and some of them have been doing it for decades.
Danica Patrick and a few others were out on the first lap of this years event.

Bristol should be a bit different cos you don't get anywhere near 300 km/hr. But yeah running in traffic should be really interesting considering how tough it is to run on your own for more than a lap or 2.

dano

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 3/8/2012, 3:52 pm

I guess I struggled with the fact that I didn't even realise that I had caused a drama, just like Billy Bob probably didn't realise he had pushed me low....

It is a different type of racing as you usually know when incidents occur..... and who caused them.... Embarassed

At the end of the day it is supposed to be just a fun series, but as I guess you all know it is hard not to take any racing here seriously...

or is that just me................ Wink
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by ttrsonofa 3/9/2012, 3:51 pm

had a ball ..great to race some different modes

ttrsonofa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content