Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Melbourne - Albert Park Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Melbourne - Albert Park Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Melbourne - Albert Park Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Melbourne - Albert Park Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Melbourne - Albert Park Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Melbourne - Albert Park Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Melbourne - Albert Park Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Melbourne - Albert Park Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Melbourne - Albert Park Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Melbourne - Albert Park Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Melbourne - Albert Park

+5
TTR kris
Wally26
AZBoy28
KKR kwik-kiwi
moo
9 posters

Go down

Post Melbourne - Albert Park Empty Post Melbourne - Albert Park

Post by moo 3/17/2012, 9:49 pm

Well how did ya night. Go

And did any of you find the tyre issue with the front left

moo

Back to top Go down

Post Melbourne - Albert Park Empty Re: Post Melbourne - Albert Park

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 3/17/2012, 10:31 pm

Points are up

Will post a race report after I have a sleep Very Happy Sleep
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by AZBoy28 3/17/2012, 10:38 pm

Well I had fun in Practice anyway! =) Although I didn't get to Qualifying and the 2 races I still had fun learning.

Anyway I had some practice in the Tasmania circuit already, did 25 laps around it and my best time was 59.089.

Well done to everyone! And I'll cya at Tasmania!

AZBoy28
AZBoy28

https://www.facebook.com/AZBoy28Motorsport

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 3/17/2012, 10:42 pm

AZBoy28 wrote:Well I had fun in Practice anyway! =) Although I didn't get to Qualifying and the 2 races I still had fun learning.

Anyway I had some practice in the Tasmania circuit already, did 25 laps around it and my best time was 59.089.

Well done to everyone! And I'll cya at Tasmania!

Yeah sorry mate you didn't get to run...
Get your mic problem fixed and catch up with the guys for a practice at the next track...
You will get all the help, support and tips you can handle if you want it, but we need to be able to communicate with you...
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 3/18/2012, 6:59 am

Happy with the results. with almost no practise and on standard setup I had great battles with quite a few drivers early on in the races before i swapped tyres off the softs in my pit stops. great series of 3 corners side by side with billy bob.

Took Partenope under the wing and he ran 2 fantastic races running in top ten in this crowd and only 2 spots behind me in both races from memory. Well done Partenope on fantastic races on your first race in these cars.

W26
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR kris 3/18/2012, 7:40 am

good night for me, staying up the pointy end, and good clean racing with all others i came across,
i managed to run two sets of sprints but they were shot and I lost heaps of time on lap 10 and 21,
drove smooth letting it out wide when i could, had no problems with left front
wrxxy run fast and smooth also picking me off last lap on R2 with him having better tyres
TTR kris
TTR kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/18/2012, 9:27 am

Thought I'd jump in for a rare run with the Saturday SuperTaxi boys.

Did a bit of praccy during the week, but nothing like what I put in for TCL lol.

Wacked a fairly basic setup, and managed to quali in the top 10.

Race - Lost a few places being overly cautious in the first 3 or so turns, but then got into a rhythm. I was a bit shattered to see Wally driving away from me, and watch Pete drive past and away, but was hopeful they were on the sprint tyre. Ran the intermediate almost as far as a tank of fuel would take it, then bolted on the softs and wow! It took me almost 2 laps to get used to the extra grip! My out lap was as quick as I had been running on the inters! Lol.
Closed down quite a few people who were struggling home on their 10+ lap old softs. Almost managed to close down Kris, I think I closed 6 seconds in 2 laps, to finish 2.5 behind at the line. Dude, you still had some fairly good pace on those used softs, that's for sure!

Race 2 - same as race 1. Load up with fuel and inters. Tried to let people on the sprints go, as I didnt want to get involved in a crash. Just cruised around, popping in the occaisonal 1:59... I know, slow hey? Compared to race 1, I was around a second faster though!
Ran a lap or 2 longer as the tyres managed to hold on a bit, and then did the same again, closing on those who had old sprints that were getting a bit slidey.. Had a great battle with Billy toward the end, who was sliding all over the place, but refused to give up the position. Was awesome mate, top notch stuff. Think I ended up 4th behind the Aliens.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 3/18/2012, 9:58 am

Lot's of peeps missing points because they havent registered on sls and chosen a car for the season

Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/18/2012, 10:07 am

Heads up for me Wally - I didn't register on SLS cos I'm not gonna make every round. Just wanted to have a bit of a run last night. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 3/18/2012, 10:27 am

Great turnout once again with 19 (I think) for the first race.....

I was going to run controls but chickened out at the last minute and decided to run sprints and stop twice.... Suspect

Pretty happy where i finished concidering the talent we had racing....... 4th in race 1 and 5th in race 2 bounce bounce bounce

Thanks for all who attended and made it a great night's racing! cheers

kiwi

KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 3/18/2012, 10:30 am

Wally26 wrote:Lot's of peeps missing points because they havent registered on sls and chosen a car for the season

If any member hasn't already registered in SLS.. let me know when you have and I will re-upload the results.
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post Melbourne - Albert Park Empty Post Melbourne - Albert Park

Post by BillyBob 3/18/2012, 12:08 pm

What a fun night!. Although the races didn't go my way at all it was still great racing.
Had some dreat fights with wally... that was almost ballet wally... side by side without a bash... think i had a bit of paint scrubbed off! awsome stuff! then mozza who arrived to find me in pretty poor shape and well down on his pace... I had a red hot go but could not withstand the relentless attack and had to yield or crash (my heart rate was off the scale, dripping with sweat lol).

And finally pete.. ariving in the same style as mozza, although now with only a couple of laps to go i was determined to hold my spot, but alas i was forced into an error entering the final two turns and he nailed me, well done pete good racecraft.

and finally well done to partenope great results in a difficult series.
BillyBob
BillyBob
Financial Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RR1CH0 3/18/2012, 1:11 pm

had fun would of liked to start both races but hey when ya race nearrly every night some times the missus has to come first ...........bugger Sad lol.qually went well track seemed a bit slipperier could only manage a 1.54.4 but good enough for p2 well done wrxxy
R1 got home to laps down sooo i had some ummmm... ciggies again lol joined in 4 laps down and just focused on race pace and tyre wear for our xfactor race on monday came home 13th after a couple of dropouts . bad luck wrxxy

R2 start 13th got to 7th by turn 1 as i started on sprints made some agressive but clean I think passes on the next 2 or 3 and at the end of lap 1 was in 3RD with kiwi and kris ahead got by kiwi after the chicane over the back broke late into the right hander and was right up kris's clakka he ran a bit wide and i had enough speed to squeeeeeeeze up the inside entering the next right hander come out of the corner and the back end stepped out , tried to catch it but just got thrown the other way straight into the wall rejoined in 7th got back up to 2nd by the first pit on lap 8 then finished the race on inters as i couldnt get the sprints to last the distance came home in third behind wrxxy in first,Stella drive m8 from the back and kris holding on for second well done m8 and well done to every one pretty much incident free got stuff!
hope to make the start of both races next round
cheers R1CHO
RR1CH0
RR1CH0

Back to top Go down

Post by FDG-Stitch 3/18/2012, 2:10 pm

Was a bit of a balls up for me, ran the Inters for both races hoping the 1 pitstop strategy was gonna work, unfortunately I forgot to realise the length of Albert Park and a 2 stop on Sprints was definitely the go.

Race 1
Apologies to Stevo, was right up his clacker when he got loose in turn 10, he was looking straight at that left wall, tried to get around him, but only managed an unintentional pit maneuver on him, I'm hoping the spin actually minimised his damage. Sorry mate.

I saw the grass was a bit long in Turn 10 so gave it a mow, unfortunately when I got loose and speared across the track, there was Billy Bob, BB scraped the right wall and I did a 180 right in front of Jordy who was obviously a passenger and could not avoid T-boning me.

Pretty much uneventful from then on for a 5th place finish.

Race 2
Got a nice start but knew those on the sprints were gonna get away.
Just watched the replay where Billy Bob got inside me on Turn 6 lap 1.
Saw him spear off to the right, seems I tagged you there mate, if I had realised it, I would have stopped matey to readdress that, you had the line and the pass.
I deserve a penalty for that one marshalls. (hangs head low in disgust)
Poetic justice when I got in the sand on lap 20 and lost 2 places to Billy and Peter.

Had a great battle with Mozza though in both sessions, was trying everything to stay in front o him, but to no avail.

Great racing to all except me...
FDG-Stitch
FDG-Stitch

http://www.fdgamers.net.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Partenope 3/18/2012, 10:09 pm

I had a great time, fantastic racing especially with sonofa,dont have much experience but hopefully with time i get better... see you all again on saturday.
Partenope
Partenope

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down