Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Diepholz/Symmons Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Diepholz/Symmons Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Diepholz/Symmons Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Diepholz/Symmons Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Diepholz/Symmons Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Diepholz/Symmons Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Diepholz/Symmons Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Diepholz/Symmons Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Diepholz/Symmons Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Diepholz/Symmons Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Diepholz/Symmons

+6
groupcaction
BillyBob
CortyGT
DV_8
shano
shaynskyline
10 posters

Go down

Easter weekend or 22nd of April for Salzburg

Post Diepholz/Symmons Vote_lcap0%Post Diepholz/Symmons Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Post Diepholz/Symmons Vote_lcap100%Post Diepholz/Symmons Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

Post Diepholz/Symmons Empty Post Diepholz/Symmons

Post by shaynskyline 4/1/2012, 8:29 pm

If you are wondering why i am posting so early, its because my computer froze up mid lap 13 and ended my night.

Needless to say. I am VERY disappointed. And quite angry.

Qualifying.

Chucked on Softs and emptied the tank. Raced around to get a 50.3xx. Good enough for Fourth place on the grid. Pretty happy with that i must say.

Race

Got a decent start and shot into 3rd place. With Billy hot on my heels. I knew from practice that he was much faster, but if i keep the right lines (hehe), i could keep him behind me. Which is kind of silly, because as soon as he does pass me, he will be gone. After 8 or so laps? him and Wally past and i was left to watch them sail off into the 5second gap ahead of me.

This left another Volvo behind me. GrpcA. I managed to keep a gap to him for a while and i was feeling confident, that if i could take care of the tyres, i could keep him behind me. So i was doing all the right things, braking early, not roaring out of turns until the car was straight. All was going well. GrpcA was 2.7 seconds behind me.

THEN! BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! My screen froze. And all i could hear was an endless engine noise loop. Race Over.

What a goddamn waste.

Last edited by shaynskyline on 4/1/2012, 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post Diepholz/Symmons Empty Re: Post Diepholz/Symmons

Post by shaynskyline 4/1/2012, 8:38 pm

Well done on the win Shano.

Setvo. Awesome job man. I dont know how you did it. Mega drive in the Alfa. Congrats on 2nd.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by shano 4/1/2012, 8:55 pm

bl shayn i feel ya pain... think was noris ring or sumfin it happened to me... was arggggggggggggggggggggggggg

quali got pole... woo hoo lol... volvo power...

race well holy muter STEVO wat a top drive from you... bumper to bumper whole race dodgin back markers together and a few passes wit no paint swapped... epic race and bl last few laps on ya slide....

sounds like was some epic battles goin on behind too.....

racing was tops 2nite thanks all and wd to every1... will admit that track was better than that other 1 with tyres as chicanes... total shit hole lol...
shano
shano

Back to top Go down

Post by DV_8 4/1/2012, 9:05 pm

Didn't manage to finish due to computer problems, something started running in the background. Had about 15 minutes of practice before qualifying and that was it. I hadn't done any of the recent races here either so I didn't give myself much of a chance.
Qualifying
8th, nothing special in the way of a lap time I think I wasn't too far off the best m3.
Race
Decided to go hard tyres which I think wasn't the right choice. I got away okay, I was pretty cautious for the first lap. I think on the second lap I got spun around, the driver readdressed and apologized so it's all fine. I basically just set about trying to pass as many cars as I could. I managed to pass a few cars and set after Nuty. I was slowly catching him but lost time letting the lead cars through. I was looking half a chance of catching him late in the race but then the computer problems started and within a few laps I was out.
DV_8
DV_8

Back to top Go down

Post by CortyGT 4/1/2012, 9:40 pm

Qually:
Wasnt sure about 5 or 6 speed gearbox for the m3, I ended up with 6 speed but didnt run as fast as I wanted to in 7th position, but not far off from where I should of been.
Race:
I think I finished in the best possible place an M3 could around here, had no where near the pace of the top 4. The start didnt go my way and went down to 9 or 10 place. Had a couple of great battles with V8man and GroupC, had came home in 5th place.
Well done Shano and podium finishers
CortyGT
CortyGT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post Diepholz/Symmons Empty Post Diepholz/Symmons

Post by BillyBob 4/2/2012, 6:06 am

What an epic night, apart from my start which was very sloppy running over the grass and giving shano a bash.... sorry dude. Other than that it was faultless. Settled into P5 going down to T4 behind shayn with wally following. The Mustang was good here and wally rounded me up. I stayed with wally til abt L4 until he passed shayn and started to gap. I closed up on shayn and yeah the volvo was quicker but shayn covered the lines and left no way around... not at all pointless dude... that's what racing is! anyways this went on for 6 or six laps of super close racing until shayn let me by but that was mighty fine driving. BL for the freeze your effort last night deserved better than that. Then i closed up on wally around L9 and figured the mustang would kill its tyres before long so i just pushed wally so he would either chew his tyres or make an error. ...... Yeah right, 30 laps later we were still fighting! I couldn't believe it, the Mustang shoulda given up long ago but wally was driving beautifully and as with shayn there was just no way around, god knows I tried, for 30 odd laps i tried until wal finally locked up and i could dive underneath. I felt bad taking the spot after such a battle absolutely epic... that sure was a race. Very Happy
BillyBob
BillyBob
Financial Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by groupcaction 4/2/2012, 8:27 am

1st race in a month and it showed...

Very rusty as Shano saw in practice haha

Quali: Did what i could in a cement filled Volvo for about 7th i think.

Race: Got a good jump and got a couple into T1. Wally had massive sniff in his Mustang here and he & BillyBob bailed from me in a matter of laps... I tried to stick to Shayn's bumper but he bailed in more ways than one haha badluck Shayn, you were driving great. From there i cruised around for 30mins trying to hold off Corty, he got me with a few mins to go as my tyres were done.

Finished 6th, lost a few kg's for the next round but prob only enough to trickle around the top 5 again.
groupcaction
groupcaction

Back to top Go down

Post by Shazam 4/2/2012, 12:13 pm

No, not Symons Plains again. LOL. Well this was my week to drive Miss Daisy. (I am taking your line David) Got a new wheel and was still trying to get used to it. Bargain, G27 for $139.

Race: Went wide on last corner of first lap and could see 2 other cars coming behind me so I waited on the grass for them to pass. The first one went past and looking in mirrors I saw the other one coming straight at me. Did give me a laugh Jordy33 as I was already off the track and you still hit me. No problems, just a laugh, you readdressed so thank-you for that. Don't know what lap it was but heading up to T4 I was pressing the clutch pedal instead of brake, doesn't work, although you do stop when you hit the fence. lol! Saw my bumper go flying over the fence.
Finally got a rythem going but was not going to catch David it time. Oh well at least I would finish the race. About 2 laps left and David is in the pits. Thank-you David. (Bad luck to you thought) Finished 11th, but my Sierra wasn't looking real good, dent in the back, no front bumper and just for good measure I had dented the right side also.

Sharyn

Shazam
Shazam

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 4/2/2012, 1:50 pm

very now and again you see a terrific race.
can't remember what year but brock at Mallalla got turned around and from half a lap behind in a 20 minute race he ended up second.

Then a terrific race with Perkins at adelaide and of course his last to first with Ingal

Then there was DTM at Symmons that provided us with not only one terrific battle but 2.

shano Stevo for first and second

Billy bob, Wally26 for 3rd and fourth.
To BB, unbelievable and probably one of the best races I have been in thanks to you.
30 laps and no swapping of paint in sim racing.... looking forward to more in the future.

W26
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by DV_8 4/2/2012, 2:10 pm

1995 was the Brock charge through the field.
DV_8
DV_8

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevo_0230 4/2/2012, 5:35 pm

what a race Smile got a good start right behind shano then comin in to the hairpin breaked a lil to late n hit shano so let him back through then it was on! Smile drove the alfa as hard as i could n got back past him after few laps n with the breaks on the alfa could hold him off (only just) but after pushin so hard at the start my tires where really starting to feel it so i made a few mistakes with 10 mins to go.
was an awesome race lil disapointed after leadin for so many laps but still very happy with 2nd
wd for the win shano
Stevo_0230
Stevo_0230

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/2/2012, 6:04 pm

Sounds like some awesome racing guys. Bit shattered i couldnt make it (again) as shano and I were bumper to bumper in the 10 minute sprint race we did during the day. Good to see some difference faces and cars up teh front too, no offence to Webber, GroupC or Racer!

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 4/2/2012, 6:31 pm

None taken Mozza completely agree with you. The weight system is very fair indeed and these guys are driving amazing races. Could barely focus on my race because I was too busy watching the timesheet.
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down