Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Le Mans Enduro Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Le Mans Enduro Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Le Mans Enduro Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Le Mans Enduro Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Le Mans Enduro Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Le Mans Enduro Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Le Mans Enduro Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Le Mans Enduro Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Le Mans Enduro Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Le Mans Enduro Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Le Mans Enduro

+3
Growler
dano
racer69
7 posters

Go down

Post Le Mans Enduro Empty Post Le Mans Enduro

Post by racer69 8/5/2012, 10:37 pm

Despite a few early niggles what a great nights racing Smile

My night started ok, i took it easy at the start of the race off the back and picked up a few crumbs in the first lap. Billybob had a little lose which i couldn't avoid on lap 2 but it was ok and i settled back in and had a good dice over the next few laps with David, sonofa and Dano. By the time the first round of stops came i was in third place with Growler about 10secs ahead.

On my first lap of the second stint i ran abit wide coming onto the main straight and clipped the fence on the side of the track which put me into a big crash. This severely bent my steering but i battled on for the rest of the lap and then made a pitstop. Unfortunatly the pitstop to fix the repairs wouldn't fix the steering. I carried on for a few more laps but the car was undriveable and after another big off that was the end of my night.

Great fun though, the cars are really nice to drive, perhaps an idea might be to do an enduro with this mod semi-regularly every few month (Daytona,Sebring,Le Mans,Silverstone...Sandown Wink )

Hope everyone else had a good night too
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post Le Mans Enduro Empty Re: Post Le Mans Enduro

Post by dano 8/6/2012, 8:06 am

racer69 wrote:Great fun though, the cars are really nice to drive, perhaps an idea might be to do an enduro with this mod semi-regularly every few month (Daytona,Sebring,Le Mans,Silverstone...Sandown Wink )

Where I can sign up? Those cars are awesome anywhere, even on a street circuit.

Totally agreed this was a lot of fun once we got going.
I had some good little battles going throughout the night time. I was making big gains down the long straight and then losing time through the rest of the track. But once the sun came up Growler and Berlsy who I was chasing for 3rd and 2nd started to get away from me and a few little spins here and there fo me put them out of reach.
An awesome night overall. Thanks for getting us back on track Benny.

dano

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler 8/6/2012, 9:07 am

After practising on Saturday and joining the server Sat night wondering where everyone was, then realising it was for Sunday night, it was an OK night.
Wasn’t too sure whether to run softs or mediums on the night so decided to play it safe and ran mediums.
I managed to clear the pack at the start and settle in third. A few laps in Billy Bob spun and I took second. From there it was a lonely race as no one was around.
On a couple of occasions I thought I was going to be pinged for speeding in the pits (as I went over 80kph) but managed to avoid that.
Towards the end Berlsy was slowly reeling me in. He was quicker than I was in the twisty stuff before the start line (Was he running softs?) but managed to keep him behind me.
With my last pit stop I decided not to change tyres and just add fuel hoping the pit stop would have been a lot shorter (Giving me a few seconds advantage to remain in 2nd place) but the time taken was the same!
If I had known that I would have changed to softs and taken the charge to Berlsy
All good stuff!
Growler
Growler

Back to top Go down

Post by IcemanForbes 8/6/2012, 11:07 am

Had a pretty solid race, but not without a couple of silly errors like speeding in the pits and losing concentration lapping David in the Porsche Curves, but good job damage was only on 8%.
Interesting that you're talking about running on mediums/softs Growler, when I first drove this mod a couple of months ago I pretty quickly dismissed softs and mediums as I figured they build up way too much temperature at this track and therefore ran on hards the whole way. Not really a wear problem but just I think the mediums and softs deviate far too much from optimum temp whereas hards are much closer, I think thereby negating (and then some) the nominal grip coefficient advantage of softs and mediums.
IcemanForbes
IcemanForbes

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler 8/6/2012, 11:44 am

My setups are usually kind to tyres...although I didn't need to do much to the Porsche. The right rear did get a little hot and suffered the most wear...but was fine for each stint.
I could have done 2 stints on each set but there was no advantage with pit times by not changing tires...
Growler
Growler

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 8/6/2012, 12:35 pm

This is first time we have had a race on the Home server although it was only 8 cars would love some feedback on how it handled it with warping headlights etc. I'm going to setup a Rfactor 2 server from home soon and from these feedback we maybe able to use it for more than just practice
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dano 8/6/2012, 1:08 pm

TTR Benny wrote:This is first time we have had a race on the Home server although it was only 8 cars would love some feedback on how it handled it with warping headlights etc. I'm going to setup a Rfactor 2 server from home soon and from these feedback we maybe able to use it for more than just practice

I didn't notice anything different to the hosted servers. It all seemed fine to me.

@ iceman and growler - I ran hards all race, I noticed softs were overheating even on the 1st run down the mulsanne straight in practise which is why I went for hards.

dano

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler 8/6/2012, 2:58 pm

TTR Benny wrote:This is first time we have had a race on the Home server although it was only 8 cars would love some feedback on how it handled it with warping headlights etc. I'm going to setup a Rfactor 2 server from home soon and from these feedback we maybe able to use it for more than just practice
I had no issues whatsoever...except Berlsy passing me in the last few minutes of the race...
Growler
Growler

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlsy 8/6/2012, 8:36 pm

had a fun nights racing, started well and was running second behind iceman. had no hope of keeping up with iceman so tried to keep a gap in front of growler. after a few laps i ran wide and span allowing growler to get past. growler then had a spin at the last chicane, putting me back into second but then i got to much kerb coming onto the main straight and the car speared head on into the wall. after about 7 flips and 16 barrel rolls i came back to earth but the car was pretty sad. stopped for repairs and tyres and was off again, had a nice little battle with growler towards the end and was able to get past with a shorter pit stop to take 2nd spot, 1 lap behind iceman!

not the biggest fan of these cars, i prefer less downforce and more sideways action but still had a fun night Very Happy

Berlsy

Back to top Go down

Post by dano 8/7/2012, 7:25 am

I'd be quite keen to do this again next year, but closer to the actual Le Mans weekend.

dano

Back to top Go down

Post by David Paterson 8/7/2012, 1:15 pm

I agree with Dano, we have to do this again next June. Maybe we could run the '70 WSC cars on the '67 LM circuit the week prior?

I usually struggle badly with any cars that have big power, but the default setup on these was very, very easy to drive, just really slow. As I tried to tune it for speed, it became much more challenging, but still fun. These cars need a big, long, fast track.

I tried softs in practice and chewed them up in a lap or two. I spent all the practice chasing a qually set-up. That was a wate of time. I started the race with meds on front and hards on rear, they were in really good nick when i came in for fuel, so i tried softs on front and meds on rear. Meds on rear died with two laps to go until the next fuel stop, very hairy and eventful! I tried softs on front and hards on rear after that, worked fine!

Never looked like beating anyone on the road, just tried to stay out of trouble and not get in the way. With two laps to go, i had half a lap in the tank, so had a splash and dash.
David Paterson
David Paterson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down