Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Bathurst Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Bathurst Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Bathurst Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Bathurst Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Bathurst Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Bathurst Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Bathurst Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Bathurst Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Bathurst Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Bathurst Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Bathurst

+5
Shazam
menthol369
elgibo
racer69
Wally26
9 posters

Go down

Post Bathurst Empty Post Bathurst

Post by Wally26 4/17/2011, 10:33 pm

Well at long last I got to finish an hour race cheers
My computer has been a bit of a pig lately so with Shaz's bad back she let me use hers.

Very happy with my race, had a great battle with Dano in his Commodore which really showed off the different car's strengths.

Drove a nice steady race after I got past Dano and finished in 6th place. Really happy with that as the class of the field was pretty high this round.

I would like to thank everyone who drove in this series and it was great to see the numbers improving as we went along.
Next week is a 100k race(44 laps) at Calder raceway in the Bathurst Legends 69 mod(both available @rfactor central.
Followed by Webber's Gallardo series

Once again thanks everyone as it is you guys who really make the series a success. cheers cheers cheers
W26
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post Bathurst Empty Re: Post Bathurst

Post by racer69 4/17/2011, 10:54 pm

Many thanks for putting it on Wally Smile

A great race that was. GroupCAction and myself had a great battle early in the race. He got the jump on me, i got past him on lap 3 at the Cutting when he made an error, only for me to make a mistake a lap later at Hell which let him back through. I then managed to get back past when GrpC ran wide at the Chase. From there i think he had some trouble with traffic because the gap grew, so i was able to pace myself and hold on for the win Smile

I have to say, Bathurst as a track always brings a smile to your face.....and i don't think there is such a thing as the perfect lap round there either!
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by elgibo 4/17/2011, 11:36 pm

Thanks for letting me race with you guys. Was epic fun. Had a good start, but just couldn't keep up with those two sierras in front, then shortly got taken by another sierra. I profited from Dan_gtsx pitstop which put me from 4th to 3rd Smile Spun at Griffins bend which brought my lead of 10s over Berlsy down to 1.5-3 seconds for the rest of the race. Was tough to stay ahead Razz Hope to have some more races like that. I love my turbo brick!

Cheers!
elgibo
elgibo

http://www.davegibson.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by menthol369 4/18/2011, 5:46 am

I ha a bit of a shocker jumping the start and getting a drive through. after that i was in 6th place. i crawled my way all the way up to 3rd again shaving 100th of a second off groupc every lap. he made a mistake and i was let through. as i had to pit due to the way i set up my fuel , even though i selected to not repair damage it chose to anyway and i had a 40 second long pitstop. after that it went down hill. i managed to get into 5th, cathcing 4th by about 2 seconds a lap, but i ket making mistakes and then on the last 5 laps the computre locked up and when it came to i was 40 seconds behind 4th instead of the 12.....

oh well all in good fun. i enjoyed racing wiith you blokes/women.

menthol369

Back to top Go down

Post by Shazam 4/18/2011, 8:42 am

Hi guys, just want to say sorry. I had a shocker of a night. Didn't get time to practice on this track, used Wally's computer so he could use mine as his is playing up. Choose a car I was not comfortable with and just plain bad driving by myself. I am sorry for getting in the way of some drivers when they were passing me. Again, I feel bad and am sorry.

Hope to get practice in this week, so see you all next Sunday night. Shaz
Shazam
Shazam

Back to top Go down

Post by Obbzy 4/18/2011, 5:36 pm

Not a bad nite. Qualfied 10th (just, on the last lap), then scored 8th on the grid with a 2:23.
The VK in my hands was a bit slow but the racing was great.
Only grazed the wall once when trying to let GTX through and not watching where I was going myself ! Embarassed

Was running 6th for the first half but decided on a pit strategy as I didn't know what the tyre wear would be (lesson learnt there!).
Came out in 9th and that's where I stayed.
Really enjoyed the mod, and wished I'd signed up earlier in the series. Hoping the TCL mod is back on again soo (Sundays would be great again, hint hint! Very Happy )

Hopefully I'll be able to do some more Sunday stuff. Catch yas soon.

Cheers
Obbzy
Obbzy

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 4/18/2011, 5:59 pm

i had a shocker.

basically.

*started last cos i didnt understand the Q rules.
*got up to 8th for a while, got passed a couple times.
*had to refuel cos i ran out after 10 laps.
*got a drive through penalty for speeding in the pits.
*went in for drive through, didnt work.
*went in again for drive through.
*hit a wall in the esses damaged susp.
*limped to pits.
*fumbled to the end.

so hard to string lots of laps together with a PS3 remote, but i was happy with my 2:23 fastest lap. a wheel would prolly help me lots, but i dont have the space, monies, or patience.

i got in trouble about yielding to ppl lapping me, i did my best, but with the PS3 its hard to just slow down and move over, cos any steering input can send me into a spin.

i am aware of lappers, i wasnt being difficult. its just not easy.

and sorry to the guy i sent off into the grass in the back corners, this was a classic case, i was mid corner trying to hold on and a guy behind me is coming up fast, so i ended up spinning out and crashing into him. sorry about that. i was attempting to slow down, without taking myself out. it didnt work.

im getting better. thats the main thing.

i dont suck this much on PS3, infact im very fast. its just the rFactor/Ps3 rermote combo that is killing me. need more practice.

great race though. loved it.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post Bathurst Empty post bathurst

Post by Berlsy 4/18/2011, 7:20 pm

made a good start from seventh and was chasing webber and dave gibson for the first few laps. was slowly catching webber until he made a mistake just before the dipper and hit the wall. i just manged to squeeze past his car and the wall, thanks for getting reverse so quick webber. i was hoping to be able to catch dave but he was just a little bit quicker than me so i was just trying to put some good laps together. got close to dave near the end when he had a spin but again he was just a bit faster than me so i had to settle for fourth.

thanks to everyone you raced last night, i had an absolute ball

Berlsy

Back to top Go down

Post by groupcaction 4/18/2011, 7:33 pm

Went for more of a race setup with my Sierra, was very stoked with my Shootout lap (Amazing what time you can do when you turn the clock off the screen haha).
Got a good start and had the lead for the 1st lap or 2, i knew racer69 had overall pace on me, so when he got through i really tried to stick close with him hoping i'd force him into a few errors. It happened once when i got back passed him but i made a mistake in the cutting which let him back into the lead and from there he slowly pulled away. I then had a run in with shaynskyline in the chase (all good mate!!) where i went n did my best Mark Winterbottom across the sand... almost got out the other side, but then stalled not once, not twice but FOUR f-ing times hahahahaha
I then got back up to 2nd which is where i finished... 2nd was the best i was gonna do, racer just had the pace ... Well done mate, loved those early laps!! Congrats to everyone who turned out, was a good turnout!! Very Happy
groupcaction
groupcaction

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down