Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Calder Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Calder Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Calder Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Calder Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Calder Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Calder Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Calder Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Calder Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Calder Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Calder Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Calder

+2
shaynskyline
Wally26
6 posters

Go down

Post Calder Empty Post Calder

Post by Wally26 4/24/2011, 10:39 pm

lololol Tyre smoke sideways cars everywhere.

racer69 should of been driving a gtrxu1 at bathurst in 73 tough luck mate

a few ambitious drives across the grass some pics may show up tommorrow and my race report, in between fire away

if no-one else minds we might tun these until we clear mothers day so we can run TCL without too many holidays interfering
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post Calder Empty Re: Post Calder

Post by shaynskyline 4/24/2011, 10:53 pm

heres my view.

qualied 6th. which wasnt that difficult. so eh.

stayed 6th for about 5 laps.

spun out, hit a wall, broke something in my susp, massive swearing ensued.

dragged the car to the pits tyre smoke the whole way.

got lapped twice in the process.

rest of the race trying to unlap myself.

finished 8th/9th? last basically.

not looking for sympathy btw lol. just saying.
just a little annoying having no chance five laps into the race. i was so pi$$ed off.

you guys did well, happy to be able to yield for faster guys this time. well done to every one.

the big pile up near the end was pretty lol. well only cos i got through unmarked.

looking forward to the next race.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 4/24/2011, 11:37 pm

That race was some ripper fun!

Had a good qualfying session to wind up 2nd behind Corty,

Was great fun in the opening laps, positions were swapping everywhere. Webber came through the pack very well and jumped out to a lead, and after some battling i got through and started chasing him. I got close at one point but misjudged by braking at turn 1 and gave him a nudge, and then Corty caught up and got passed. I made a stop and came out right behind Corty after he made his. A spin dropped me back so i just concentrated on keeping the gap constant.

I wanted to run the fuel down so i could have a shorter last stop...... it was hard to work out how much exactly you could get out of a tank per lap.... i pushed it one lap too far as i ran out on the pit entrance and couldn't coast in.... a real shame as i was on for second... but great fun nonetheless and great to see so many starters Smile
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 4/25/2011, 8:41 am

Hey Racer Kiwi put me on to this addon Global Info Display http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=GID%20-%20Global%20Info%20Display took me a little while to get it setup but was well worth it

It has a great fuel info you know how much you have left at all times down to .1 of a lap. You can also use it to conserve fuel as it shows lap by lap usage while your racing

The other big thing it has is the start lights lights show up on your screen regardless where you are on the start line. There is a fair bit of info on the screen but you can turn what ever you want off and position stuff where you want it.

I can't thank kiwi enough for telling me about this add on I never run over fueled and heavy any more (unless it's in the sierra) and don't miss starts when I'm so far back I can't see the lights.

Post Calder 21-Jan-11-rFactorCentral-7503_GRAB_015

Secondly Shayn Great job finishing after being a lap down. In sim racing it is so easy to walk away when that happens not like the sponsor is going to care. But finishing the race giving yourself the challenge of trying to unlap your self will be valuable practice for future race and get you there quicker in the long run.

When I started as probably most will tell you most can get up to reasonable speed pretty quickly but the hard bit is learning race craft and how to manage yourself and the car for the race distances. So well done running to the end last night regardless of how it felt at the time it is worth it.
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/25/2011, 10:56 am

What a bitch these cars are to drive. lol! I'm just glad I didn't have to drive these back in the day (I wasn't even around when these were).

Anyway.

Qualifying - What was that??? Got no laps in at all and had to start DEAD last. Oh well.

Got what was one of the slowest times in the warmup (I couldn't get a handle on the car or track properly).

Race - Got a good start but with the grid so close (It was crazy. Not sure if it was ever that close in real life.) I almose went into the back of the car in front of me. Got to 7th and was tearing down the straight. Unfortunately my foot slipped on the brake pedal and I went into the back of old wally (sorry mate. I had no control over it.) Needless to say I was last again. After that I just drove my own race having a pit strategy battle with shaynskyline. If he hadn't had the early pit for damage I think he would have been a contender for the podium. Instead we had a few good battles. Supn the car more times that a kid playing pin the tail on the donkey. Got frustrated with it but then remembered it's just a game. lol. Finished 7th.

Well done to all involved and I hope I didn't hold anyone up. I tried not to as much as possible.

dev

Last edited by Richard Coleman on 4/25/2011, 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong finishing position. lol)

Back to top Go down

Post by dano 4/25/2011, 12:38 pm

Wally26 wrote:lololol Tyre smoke sideways cars everywhere.

racer69 should of been driving a gtrxu1 at bathurst in 73 tough luck mate

a few ambitious drives across the grass some pics may show up tommorrow and my race report, in between fire away

if no-one else minds we might tun these until we clear mothers day so we can run TCL without too many holidays interfering

I'm looking forward to some more rounds of this mod. good idea Wally.

I had heaps of of fun.
I was happy with qualifying 5th.
I made a reasonable start and managed to be in the top 4 or 5 for the 1stlap or so.
At the end lap2 I think it was I even managed to steal the lead as the others tussled over the same bit of road entering the pit straight. Somehow the outside worked out for me.
But by the end of the straight I had Webber looming larger and he even gave me a tap to say gday as he got out of my slip stream and up the inside to take the lead. Over the next couple of laps i had the rest of the top 5 come past me. I knew they were quicker and had no interest in fighting early on in the race.
I got a bit nervous coming into the pits driving past a 50km/h devil but I had done my homework and knew the 50 line didn't start till further up. Wink
At some point I came round to one of the last few corners and lost control and found a bunch of other cars in the same state,.(Does rfactor simulate oil on the track or something?) I speared into shayn I think it was. Sorry about that I just had no control at that point.
Anyway I lost a couple of spots. I trucked on keeping Wally in sight.
Eventually I managed to get past a spinning Shano but just couldn't make enough ground on Wally to mount any attack.

I think I was 5th, had a totally awesome time. Great mod and track choice Wally. I hope the next rounds can be as good.

dano

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 4/25/2011, 3:53 pm

Post Calder Olv8_r10
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by shano 4/25/2011, 6:54 pm

well i had a blast racin these....first lap was out there cars were battling all over the shop lol.... couldnt run the pace of the top guys but had some ace battles along the way.... mid way through was folling dano for a few laps until some back markers put him off and he went a drift..he got paybacks for me watchin him when i spun towards the end while he watched lol.... had a blast hope to run a few more in these cars...... well done to every1 involved....
shano
shano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down