Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Silverstone round 6 Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Silverstone round 6 Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Silverstone round 6 Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Silverstone round 6 Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Silverstone round 6 Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Silverstone round 6 Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Silverstone round 6 Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Silverstone round 6 Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Silverstone round 6 Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Silverstone round 6 Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Silverstone round 6

+8
Berlsy
Stig333
Kakswell
wobblyone
Floydie
shaynskyline
Webber
dano
12 posters

Go down

Post Silverstone round 6 Empty Post Silverstone round 6

Post by dano 11/15/2011, 10:09 pm

Points are up.

dano

Back to top Go down

Post Silverstone round 6 Empty Re: Post Silverstone round 6

Post by Webber 11/15/2011, 10:43 pm

Congrats on your first win Shaynskyline!

santa
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 11/15/2011, 11:25 pm

Heh, thankyou thankyou thankyou. So happy to get a proper win in an actual race.

First Pole aswell im pretty sure. All in one round. Only taken 7 months. Lol

Done about 150 laps here this week and got a best time of 1:18.970, but only managed to get 1:19.023 for qualifying. Got me Pole though. Really wanted to get 18. Good enough.

Race one, starting on pole!! Wobbly was chasing me for a while, then he had a spin or something, im not sure. And Floydie was then on my ass the whole race. I managed to get a gap of about 2.200 at one point, but i made a couple braking errors and he caught back up late. I managed to to stay together and kept him behind me.
First win in a proper organised event here, soo happy to finally get it done.

YESSS!!!

*ahem*

Ah Race 2, Wobbly was behind me chasing for first spot and i was doing pretty well, keeping a gap on him of about 1 second for about 4 laps? not sure.
Made a mistake and turned the car around and he got by me. I managed to recover it but pushing so hard to catch him, i made another mistake and fell down to about 7th i think. Caught back up a few places, and got to the finish line in 5th place.
Decent result.

Race 3 went ok, after all the restarts got away ok and settled into 5th spot behind Kris, i sat back for a while and got a little closer, he came together with Stig and i got by him. A bit down the road at the first sweeper, me and Stig came together both turning into the corner. I can understand his frustration, but i felt i had a gap. Very hard to slow down more there. Unfortunate.
Ended up behind Dano who held off really well with less power, but i made a super move on him into the last chicane and got by him.
Took me 3 laps to chase down Kris in the Ford, also very hard to catch, and i had to drive the Porsche like crazy to catch up. Exiting a corner i ran a bit wide and pushed him into the grass, and pulled another chicane move on him, which at the time i thought was pretty dodgy, but it all happened so fast i didnt realise what i had done until i saw the replay. So yeah, sorry abt that Kris.
Um, Shano was miles ahead, in 4th, 6 seconds or so. I knew i had a few laps remaining so i drove as hard as i could to catch him, eventually i saw +1.900 to him. But i went way deep into T3 and couldnt rescue it running off into the grass, soooo close. Disappointing. Woulda been an awesome feat to get back past Shano. Finished in 4th place.

Obviously a super night from my POV, getting a win. But there were also some really good chases and holding Floydie off for a whole race is an amazing achievement, he was blistering in practice all week. WD to the other winners. In fact everyone who made the night's racing really great.

See you all in hell!!!

Twisted Evil

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by Floydie 11/16/2011, 8:57 am

Congrats Shayn 1st win good job

Race 1, Unreal best race eva. Good start settled into a rythm, Wobbly caught up
to us i decided to not battle with him to much as this would have opened the
gap to the leader, i noticed ole wobbs wasnt realy making in roads on shayn
so decided to push hard, caught back up to wobbly and got by as he made a
little error comming off a turn. Dunno what happened to wobbs after that
although i did see his tail lights and wing in my mirror at the last chicane.
good solid racing.

race 2, Shit house start from me again, got swamped by the feild then came turn 3,
duno who but i have an idea got into the back of me nicely and round i went,
tried to hard to recover and spent plenty of time diggn trenches in the sand pits.

race3, Got to about halfway down the start straight that was it, debri everywere
couple of cars in unusual directions for that part of the track and i did my finest
inspection of the catch fence there, prayed for another restart but not this time looked like every one else got away that time, thats racing.
nuva day.

Floydie
Floydie

Back to top Go down

Post by wobblyone 11/16/2011, 11:15 am

great fun great races, agree with floydie R1 was awesome....and shakey did SO well....i may have to start practicing Smile had a good dice with shakey and floydie got past floydie and tried to chase down shakey, couldnt really pull him in much and floydie got back past, had some serious lift of oversteer into chicane and turned it round losing a few spots,

race 2 got a flyer and was with shakey again till he ran wide past him took the win with berlsey pulling me in towards end when fuel load was lower, nice to get a win havent had 1 for a while,

race 3 p2 pretty static as couldnt touch bersley who buggered off,

shout out to kris for being a thorn in my side early on as usual Wink and all the capri boys for hustling those cars around a lot faster than they shoulda Smile

grats again to shayne for popping his cherry top one mate we,re proud of ya cheers
wobblyone
wobblyone

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 11/16/2011, 12:38 pm

Thanks man, its very weird to start at the front and run the whole race there.

I almost felt like I was missing out on all the action in the middle of the packs.

I'm used to following people, and watching them go around infront. That 1st race was kind of like standing on the edge of a cliff, nothing infront but space.

Hope to see it again sometime. Must be a super feeling in real life racing.

You guys make me wanna go faster and get better, just so I can do what you all do ona regular basis. Great night!!

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by wobblyone 11/16/2011, 1:36 pm

good on ya man.......take it from all of us your first win is the hardest...... Smile
wobblyone
wobblyone

Back to top Go down

Post by Kakswell 11/16/2011, 4:18 pm

Hey Floydie sorry mate for the crash at the start of race 3... i was gettin bad wheel spin and wasnt sure why untill i realised i had turnt tc off to do some burnouts.. so yeah sorry mate n i think dano i gave u a bit of love tap mid race! race 3 ended from me tryin 2 turn and type at same time Lol.. oh well

Kakswell

Back to top Go down

Post by Stig333 11/16/2011, 5:00 pm

Shaynkskyline - congratulation. Your first race was good. I must also gratulate Bersly - Amazing drive and setup issues. I did not have time for prepare to race. And my setup was shit. Max speed 268 km/h is not good. Like always problem with compression and i needed more speed in straightaway. But I broke my record in the race 2:20,3xx and I'm Happy with myself.

Thanks for race, thanks for you guys, thanks for stressful crash and thanks all good fun. And one more Sorry to Benny.

CHEERs ALL mrgreen

Stig333

Back to top Go down

Post by Stig333 11/16/2011, 5:26 pm

And Shayn; My frustration lay in the fact that you had a Porsche. This means that much faster car than ford. If he was patient, he could overtake me on the straight. But shit to me in the corner for me is unsportsmanlike conduct. OK?

Stig333

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlsy 11/16/2011, 5:30 pm

qualified 4th i think have no replays so can't remember

R1 - got a good start and was in second but turned in on somebody at turn 1, had no idea they were there but luckily they didn't spin but it sent me into the gravel. was driving my ass off trying to get some spots back until i got into the back of someone at abbey. really sorry but i couldn't slow down when you got out of shape. had a great little battle with shano and kakswell at the end and managed to steal 5th spot off kakswell on the last lap. congrats to shayn for the win, top drive mate

R2 - was getting awesome starts on all the restarts until the final one when i bogged down and got swamped by half the field. was chasing kakswell for a few laps until i outbroke myself coming into the final chicane and tagged the rear of his car, spinning us both. we both got going again and only lost 1 spot luckily. couple of laps later i half spun floydie too, really sorry fellas there's nothing worse than spinning other people. got past kris towards the end of the race to get 2nd.

R3 - had a nice start and was in the lead by turn 1. from there on i drove like there was no tommorow all race. i think i should drive when i'm pissed off more often, i've never driven that consistent for a whole race ever. happy to get a win i thought the capri would struggle here

see ya's at nordisiclifffe or however you spell it. gonna be awesome but i'm not sure how i'm gonna learn that track

Berlsy

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR kris 11/16/2011, 7:23 pm

wd bros
was a good night, full on shit going on
good work dano, high five
TTR kris
TTR kris

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 11/16/2011, 7:35 pm

Stig333 wrote:And Shayn; My frustration lay in the fact that you had a Porsche. This means that much faster car than ford. If he was patient, he could overtake me on the straight. But shit to me in the corner for me is unsportsmanlike conduct. OK?

That's one way I didn't look at it at the time. So yeah, that's a good point. I apologize Stig.

Wasn't my best round, conduct wise. Ill keep it in mind for future.

Great stories guys, good to hear people had a good round.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by shano 11/16/2011, 7:56 pm

first well don shayn...... pole and r 1 win... top effort bud......
races went ok was full on shit goin on everywhere lol......

shayn you was realin me in hard core i just could not get pace going... was watchin in mirror you gainin and i decided that im gonna have to make a wide porche in about 5 seconds lol... but then i watched ya do some lawn mowing LOL.... so thanks bud ....

top nite guys even wit a few crashes......
shano
shano

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 11/16/2011, 8:55 pm

Well done shayn...............

cheers cheers bounce bounce bounce bounce cheers cheers bounce bounce bounce bounce cheers cheers

Sounds like most of you had a great night.... that's what we like to hear!!

KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by peter308 11/16/2011, 11:36 pm

well i watched back one of the replay tonight and must say sorry to i think from memory it was kwik kiwi for the save on one of the corners dont know if ya no what i mean but watch replay and u will. Then i noticed u lost it i hit u and went on racing was very pissed at my self watching replay as im not a dirty driver and hope i havent pissed you of was a few crashes last night bt still enjoyed it and again ttr racing is as much fun as you can have with your pants on lol cheers guys

peter308

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down