Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Oran Park Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Oran Park Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Oran Park Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Oran Park Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Oran Park Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Oran Park Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Oran Park Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Oran Park Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Oran Park Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Oran Park Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Oran Park

+7
Hayden Kirk
BSD_Damo_79
Kakswell
DV_8
squeeekmo
groupcaction
Shazam
11 posters

Go down

Post Oran Park Empty Post Oran Park

Post by Shazam 12/14/2011, 12:25 pm

These cars are so much fun to drive. Had a ball. Hate the sand. Got stuck a couple of times.

Thank-you to everyone last night when I asked if they would not crash into each other at the end of the race as it makes my computer screen warp. This is not only a problem for this mod but it happens every race just not as bad as this mod. It also happened on my new computer but is worse on the old computer I am currently using. Sorry to the winners who didn't get to smash into each other at the end of race and thank-you again for allowing me to be able to finish the race.

Sharyn
Shazam
Shazam

Back to top Go down

Post Oran Park Empty Re: Post Oran Park

Post by groupcaction 12/14/2011, 4:16 pm

As Shaz mentioned this mod is sooo much fun... Had a ball again lastnight!!!

Had some great races with Squeek, Kakswell & Hayden over the 3 races coming away with a couple of wins... I think Oran lent itself better to this mod as i didn't have any lag issues at all lastnight.

Really looking forward to Eastern Creek next as it's not only my closet track to me in real life but i've never actually raced it online so it should be a mega fun night!!
The slipstreaming duels down the front straight into T1 i think will be epic!!
groupcaction
groupcaction

Back to top Go down

Post by squeeekmo 12/14/2011, 4:42 pm

Had another good night in the HQ's.
Qualified on pole after setting a freakish lap 1:27.500, 3 tenths quicker than my previous best.

Race 1, I held the lead all race with GC catching up on the second last lap. Going into T1 on the final lap, im thinking to myself...dont loop it...dont loop it. And then i looped it. Recovered for 4th place.

Race 2. Reverse grids are always fun...started back in the pack and fought my into 2nd place and started reeling in Kakswell. I was pulling away from GC as he was racing others but i didnt have enough time to catch Kakswell but i was happy with 2nd place. As Kakswell had started up the front due to a DNF i think in race 1.

Race 3. Started in 2nd and got a good start and was i n 1st by T1. Kakswell was behind but i managed to get a slight gap early on and was running in 1st for the first half of the race. I cant remember what happened but i must have spun somewhere and ended up in about 5th place dicing with Shayn and DV8 . Until going into T2 DV8 brake tested Shayn and i rear ended him spinning us both around. I recovered better than Shayn and managed to catch DV8 and pass him to finish on the podium.

Eastern Creek is gonna be ripper...Hope i can make it
squeeekmo
squeeekmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DV_8 12/14/2011, 5:32 pm

It was quite a good brake test, I decided to brake in the same place the next lap with no one behind me.
Qualifying
Managed 5th place and went 0.4 seconds quicker than I had before so I was happy with that.
Race 1
I got a decent start, moved up a place. Ran a little wide which enabled Group C and Shayn passed me, I was a little of their pace but due to others mistakes I ended up 3rd.
Race 2
Got a decent jump but had nowhere to go so I dropped back to last. Worked my way to 9th before an error put me back to 10th and ended the race in 8th.
Race 3
Got a great start to get up to 5th, found my way into a bit of space but was a few tenths off the leaders and Shayn who was slowly catching me but I had a decent gap. This was until a lapped car driven by Pastor rejoined the track right in front of me so I hit him in the rear this cost me about 3 seconds. Squeek had gone off so I had him and Shayn right behind me. I do brake a little earlier than others into turn 2 and Shayn gave he a little nudge and Squeek hit him. I contined and Squeek passed me so I ended the race in 4th.
DV_8
DV_8

Back to top Go down

Post by Kakswell 12/14/2011, 6:12 pm

had a good night, awesome 3rd race! 4 car train for over half the race! cut im gonna miss easten creek.. been wanting to race there for agggggges oh well!

Kakswell

Back to top Go down

Post by BSD_Damo_79 12/14/2011, 6:50 pm

Wasn't overly happy with this round. A pretty poor performance, mainly due to a lack of practice and set up.

Frustrated by an increasing rate of disconnections over the last weeks, I cracked it after logging on at around 720pm and being disconnected about 90 seconds later. Got on the phone to TPG, they switched me to another log in point and this seems to have solved all my disconnect problems! Yay!

Got into the server as prac was finishing.

Qual.

With no real idea about what to do for set up or fuel load, I loaded my Mallala set and took a gamble on fuel millage. I figured that seeing race one was the same length as qual it would be a good opportunity to test my setup and hopefully set a respectable lap time on the way. Things didn't work out that way with my inability to navigate cleanly through T2 on a 'fast lap'. Anyway, finally banked a 32 with seconds to spare, but wasn't real confident going into race 1.

Race 1

Got an okay start, dropped back to third gear into T1 and continued to ease off, bracing for the anticipated T2 melee. Sure enough by the time I get there cars are facing the wrong way, cars are in the sand and some cars are trying to re-enter the race at speed with little regard for anyone else. I was T-boned by such a car, but somehow skirted the sandpit and pressed on, settling in behind Shazam.

On Lap 2 I was right on Shaz's tail, stupidly I tried to pass on the right going through T1, leaving no room for error. I clipped the grass and Shazam at the same time, T2 Sandpit here we come! (I don't think Shaz was effected, but I apologise if you were.)

Dug myself out and the rest of the race was fairly incident free.

Race 2 - Attempt 1

The reverse grid seen me start in 2nd. I got a good start and headed for T1/T2 with the grid baring down on me. One car got by me through T1, but coming into T2, two cars tried the dive bomb, one to the left, one to the right, now I'm 3 wide into T2 (yay....) never going to work. Sure enough we all collided and spun. I recovered mid pack and carried on. There were calls for a restart and they were answered.

Race 2 - Attempt 2

Got an okay start, adopted a more defensive approach with staying on the road, rather than maintaining place, being the goal.

Race 3

Again, an okay start, there seemed to be less aggression at T2 by the time I got there. Started making my way forward, picking up places as cars went off at different points. Then Pastorrymes tried to pass me on the right going through the dogleg. I gave him ample racing room, but he still found it necessary to barge me off the road onto the inside of the track. Not cool. Not impressed. Finished 1 lap down, well back having slowed down to let the lead pack by.

That was my race.

With a bit of spare time this week I am looking forward to being more prepared for Eastern Creek.

See you then.

Damo.
BSD_Damo_79
BSD_Damo_79

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayden Kirk 12/14/2011, 8:58 pm

Was happy with my pace and really enoyed that track especially, as GroupC stated had some fantastic battles with him and kakswell, my first couple of race were below average but 3rd raec was intense the whole way,
3 way battle for the lead but I couldn't make a move to stick to take the lead from kaks so I left Group C have a go and it seemed he didnt have much luck either,
I eventualy got the lead only to be challenged once more a couple of laps later.
Left to much room on the inside and just driftined of into the sandtrap in T1 and thats where she parked for the remainder of the race,
Look foward to next week before I have a week or two off for the xmas break!

Hayden Kirk

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 12/15/2011, 3:00 pm

Prior to This round I did an Independent rfactor install for this mod to try and combat lag when there was impact it was heaps better it was still there but not enough to effect my night at all.
First lap around here on Monday night was 1m29.2 I was really impressed with the speed I had compared to others on the server.

Practice Session was still way further up than I expected to be in this high quality field. I think sitting between 4th and 6th for the whole session.
Qual didn't go to plan dumped the fuel and headed out struggled to break into the 28's when had been doing consistently in practice. Car was terrible with no fuel so came in with 3 mins to go put some fuel in and went back out managing to improve my time but really over drove the car and didn't Qualify where I should have.

Race 1
With the Fuel load back in the car, managed to work my way back up to 5th and lapping with DV_8 shayn and groupc for most of the race. while Squeeekmo cleared out. Coming near to the end of the second last lap I made a mistake and spun pretty majorly but no sand thank god but managed to hold on to my position but lost the 13 sec gap I had built back to Racer69. I was determined to hang on to my position in but making sure I did it fairly, for those who know Racer69 standards to mine even for a lap this was going to be an effort. The last lap was great and I did hold on to my position you would have check with Racer but I don't believe I gave him the room if he was able to use it and respect was given back.

Race 2 & Race 3
Can't Remember much about race 2 other than working my way through the field up to position 5 again and was pretty happy with this performance again. Race three was not so good made a few mistakes but had a great battle at the start with wally26 and Racer69 and few during the race with the same drivers. I do enjoy when you race against guys that are going to take the place if it's there but unless there is major mistake aren't going to take you out and enabling you to just drive your lap without having to worry about a silly dive bomb in a fight for 5th place

Great Night really enjoyed myself. Although Racer69 has been with us for a good year now I haven't had the chance to race close with him very often (mainly due to my lack of ability) I though ally enjoyed the battles we had on tuesday night.

I personally not a fan of Eastern Creek as a track in Fact Hate it ( think it steams from the NSW government steeling the Bike GP off Phillip Island) But looking forward to running this mod again

ADMIN HAT TIME I DON'T NORMALLY BUT NEED TO
The following not directed at anyone at all but everyone as a group there is nothing personal about anything from here on in, just something for everyone to take on board.
Ok We have had a few issues with this mod with people getting knocked off the track etc. Racer summed it up on the night if it does happen it isn't rarely on purpose not from any of our regular runners we have all made mistakes taking others out anyone that says that haven't is kidding themselves. It shouldn't but at times you can be unlucky and what feels like time after time. I had a run in DRM it was like three weeks in a row become an victim of someone's mistake but you move on knowing it isn't not on purpose it sucks but it happens.
The one thing I would say about the last few weeks is that I didn't see many sorrys in the chat but I did see people complaining they had been hit and so on, in fact it turned the whole of the third session warm up into 10 min complaining session. If there is an accident bare in mine when you go and make a comments on line during the night you have not viewed the replay had time to calm down and take everything into account. It is possible is wasn't the car behinds fault, you may have turned in on them, they might have been pushed by someone else and all set off by the first driver missing his brake marker and braking early there are so many different things could have happen that you haven't reviewed properly. Accusing people online during the event or after on the forum is a NO GO no excuses there is a process for this read the rules if you're unsure of it. The reason I have this rule is that quickly gets out of control and suddenly we become a league instead of all respecting each other and enjoying the company of the guys we race against remember the things that were said in the heat of the battle and it continues to sour the contest long after what was said has past.
Saying that the Impacts in this series have been higher but I don't believe it isn't related to the mod. It is the extra close racing of the mod and people taking a chance that may or may not be there or people not giving room to someone making a move. Not Only should be making your move fairly on someone but the person being passed must be aware of the traffic around them as well and give room where need or risk ending both drivers nights.

This is lap 1 race 3 Myself, Wally26 and Racer69 during this battle not once was paint swapped This went on from turn one to the top of the bridge. (Watch The replay instead of pictures bellow for a better idea of how it happened) For this to be achieved this room was given by all three drivers. First I saw Wally26 coming into turn 3 so left him enough room I could have closed the door but that would have been the end of my race, this went on though turn 4 (where picture pickup from) we were side by side from here all the way to the top of the bridge. Racer 69 whom is behind us has a couple of times he has a run on us but realises there isn't the room and backs out a little to make sure no contact is made. Finally coming over to the top of the Bridge I back out a fraction to drop in behind Wally26 as this is really a single line corner and I didn't want to risk the others race as well as mine, when I do this Racer69 backs off a little to make sure I get in without us touching each other. I can assure you Even though I was the looser through this exchange to Wally it was the most exciting part of my night three of us pushing each other to limits but giving each other more than enough room while fighting for the position. I know personally andI hope that wally feels the same but I can trust Wally 110% when in a battle and it makes the night more enjoyable being able to race so fairly against someone. Every pass we make on each other rarely is made over just one corner it takes a few to get it done but we very rarely trade any paint. Now this hasn't come over night racing with each other for so long we have earn't it with each other. With the Comment making during an events and bad moves here and there it creates doubts and you miss that chance to create a great rivialary with someone. As Allready stated Everyone makes mistakes don't think this is aimed at that just everyone be carefull and respect other drivers and will continue to run smoothly.

As Stated at the top not directed at anyone at all this is based on what I have seen on the nights and have spent the last few day reviewing replays

Novel finished Post Oran Park 192488

Post Oran Park Oranpark

Ben

TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 12/15/2011, 3:53 pm

Fully agree with Benny....

My opinion is.... this type of mod brings drivers together that might not usually race in the same space... The rounds I have done, I have sometimes been on par with people that I only see the back of in the V8s and vice - versa..... and the more experienced need to make a few allowances for the drivers at different levels.

I think we do pretty well and we haven't had an official complaint for a long time! (touch wood)

Remember... this is supposed to be FUN!!!!! cheers

Kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 12/15/2011, 8:49 pm

agreed with all above.

Long standing rules here at ttr has been as follows.

if there is any complaint to private message whoever is running that night.
the person in charge will usually also ask for others opinions b4 deliberating any penalty(to make sure it is clearly unbiased decision)

Here's the biggy.... 24 hour cooling off period b4 any complaints are made.

In no circumstances should any complaints be made on server or the forum. This is so as not to create any friction live on line or on the forum.

administrations final decision is just that.... FINAL

These rules were carefully thought over by myself Benny, JD, and also with the help of many many others in the hope we can create one of the friendliest leagues for drivers in our region of the world..

as kiwi says, let's go have fun!!!!! thats what we're all here for.

W26
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 12/15/2011, 10:18 pm

TTR Benny wrote:Great Night really enjoyed myself. Although Racer69 has been with us for a good year now I haven't had the chance to race close with him very often (mainly due to my lack of ability) I though ally enjoyed the battles we had on tuesday night.

Feeling is mutual Benny, had some great fun dicing with you, and look forward to more of it Smile Don't sell yourself short, you were right up there on Tuesday night, i thouroughly enjoyed our battles throughout the night.

My night was pretty good, not spectacular results wise but i had great races in general in all 3 heats Smile I made a few general errors which dropped me back, but hopefully i can eliminate them next week.

- One thing probably contributing to incidents under brakes is the nature of the cars, they are relatively slow in a straight line, but have pretty good brakes which means shorter braking distances. There is a fine line between braking too early or too late, but i'm sure as the series goes on we'll all keep getting more and more of a handle on the cars.
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by squeeekmo 12/16/2011, 12:44 pm

Ive never had a problem with anyones driving at TTR. Im fairly aggressive and i always get left room. Even though there were alot of incidents in these HQ's I wouldnt blame anyone for purposefully tagging or turning anyone around.
Ive always thought there is alot of respect amongst drivers here and any banter in the server is just taking the mickey out on someone but all in good fun.
squeeekmo
squeeekmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down