Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Melbourne Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Melbourne Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Melbourne Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Melbourne Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Melbourne Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Melbourne Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Melbourne Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Melbourne Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Melbourne Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Melbourne Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Melbourne

5 posters

Go down

Post Melbourne Empty Post Melbourne

Post by TTR Benny 9/7/2012, 11:56 am

Had not run this mod at all other than half a lap around Bathurst to make sure the test server worked a couple of months ago. But wife decided to go to bed at 8 so jumped on and thought I'd have a crack. Got half a lap in qual found them a little hard to get turned in without the back coming around. Mozza gave me setup tips in warmup and pre race had not managed to complete a full timed lap without spinning and destroying the car so with a 45 min lap race was expecting not to finish.

Started slow happy to follow people around got caught out when I braked hard to avoid an incident here scott had spun at the end of sector 1. Car went around hitting the wall and thought it was all over but to my surprise must not have judged the wall as much as I thought.

From here I settled in getting use to the car slowly increasing my speed hanging round about with kiwi and Powerslave. Got past powerslave when he spun and then same with kiwi when he spun and then I spun and we were all back where we started lol. I was slowly getting quicker and found that I could drive it very similar to the PCC 05 mod where I found keeping the smallest amount of throttle applied at all times settle the car on turn in (being I left foot brake this is easier for me).

With Powerslave starting to close in I pushed a little hard and was surprised to see I was pulling away consistently every lap and getting PB every lap pretty much all the way to the end of the race. At the same time I was closing in on the cars in front. From Mid way after a few spins and getting use to mod I was barely dropping time to mozza and groupc although I probably had a heap better tyre condition after not pushing anywhere near as hard at the start.

Gained another spot when peter pitted for fuel watched a few other pitting while my tyres were holding up fine. Watched Nukin struggle on tyres as I was closing in very rapidly setting PB in second last lap of the race trying to push him into a mistake. One more lap I would have been at him but getting past probably would have been another thing.

Really enjoyed myself will try and make a few more rounds throughout the series
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post Melbourne Empty Re: Post Melbourne

Post by scott39 9/7/2012, 2:21 pm

TTR Benny wrote:Had not run this mod at all other than half a lap around Bathurst to make sure the test server worked a couple of months ago. But wife decided to go to bed at 8 so jumped on and thought I'd have a crack. Got half a lap in qual found them a little hard to get turned in without the back coming around. Mozza gave me setup tips in warmup and pre race had not managed to complete a full timed lap without spinning and destroying the car so with a 45 min lap race was expecting not to finish.

Started slow happy to follow people around got caught out when I braked hard to avoid an incident here scott had spun at the end of sector 1. Car went around hitting the wall and thought it was all over but to my surprise must not have judged the wall as much as I thought.

From here I settled in getting use to the car slowly increasing my speed hanging round about with kiwi and Powerslave. Got past powerslave when he spun and then same with kiwi when he spun and then I spun and we were all back where we started lol. I was slowly getting quicker and found that I could drive it very similar to the PCC 05 mod where I found keeping the smallest amount of throttle applied at all times settle the car on turn in (being I left foot brake this is easier for me).

With Powerslave starting to close in I pushed a little hard and was surprised to see I was pulling away consistently every lap and getting PB every lap pretty much all the way to the end of the race. At the same time I was closing in on the cars in front. From Mid way after a few spins and getting use to mod I was barely dropping time to mozza and groupc although I probably had a heap better tyre condition after not pushing anywhere near as hard at the start.

Gained another spot when peter pitted for fuel watched a few other pitting while my tyres were holding up fine. Watched Nukin struggle on tyres as I was closing in very rapidly setting PB in second last lap of the race trying to push him into a mistake. One more lap I would have been at him but getting past probably would have been another thing.

Really enjoyed myself will try and make a few more rounds throughout the series
Yeah apologies Benny I am having similar trouble trying to find a setup that doesn't spin me if I get off line. I got caught out last night with all the problems and the 45min race. I was away from the mic when that was organised. So started with nowhere near enough fuel as did Growler I think. Considering the car control problems I was having, I thought it best to retire and leave the guys who were going well to it. Still a great mod to drive if I can sort the car out lol.

scott39

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 9/7/2012, 3:02 pm

Wow are these cars a handful when full of fuel or what... all that low fuel practice did me no good at all... lesson learnt.

Had a better night than the previous week Embarassed and even though i was down on pace, enjoyed the night..

kiwi Kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Powerslave 9/9/2012, 12:04 pm

yea my night seem to go from bad to worse,, after all the issues with the miss matches I couldn't get my head in the race Sad oh well onto next week still had some fun chasing down benny at one point Smile
TTR Powerslave
TTR Powerslave

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwibrick 9/9/2012, 3:47 pm

I had a pretty good night, missed my last qually lap but was happy to still be on the front row with mozza, had a blindng start down into turn 1 then had some brainfade on the next straight changing my racing view and let mozza slip back past into the lead in the next corner.
Had billy_bob on my tail after that and realised that I couldn't see a damn thing out of my rear view mirror, there is a bloody big wing in the way on the Z4! I could hear him though and see him in my side mirrors so was extra careful but he got by me pretty quickly.
I then just settled down and started to get into my race groove and chase him, a couple laps later he preceeded to vanish into thin air, so I was off chasing mozza.
I was slowly reeling mozza in and then he had a moment and lost his front undertray, so I got right on his arse, but as he was a bit wild while learning to drive his now very different car, I didn't push it, a few laps later I saw that groupC was catching the both of us so I started pushing and found a way past mozza then opened up a comfortable gap which I held to the end of the race.
All in all a pretty good race for me and I was stoked to get my first win here at ttr, thanks for the good racing everyone..

....except mozza......... Razz Cool
kiwibrick
kiwibrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down