Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Round 4 - Trois Rivieres - Post race chat Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Round 4 - Trois Rivieres - Post race chat Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Round 4 - Trois Rivieres - Post race chat Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Round 4 - Trois Rivieres - Post race chat Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Round 4 - Trois Rivieres - Post race chat Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Round 4 - Trois Rivieres - Post race chat Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Round 4 - Trois Rivieres - Post race chat Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Round 4 - Trois Rivieres - Post race chat Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Round 4 - Trois Rivieres - Post race chat Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Round 4 - Trois Rivieres - Post race chat Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Round 4 - Trois Rivieres - Post race chat

+3
TTR kris
TTR Benny
KKR kwik-kiwi
7 posters

Go down

Round 4 - Trois Rivieres - Post race chat Empty Round 4 - Trois Rivieres - Post race chat

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 6/25/2011, 9:56 pm

Great night....

Post away!
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Round 4 - Trois Rivieres - Post race chat Empty Re: Round 4 - Trois Rivieres - Post race chat

Post by TTR Benny 6/25/2011, 10:08 pm

Results are up Click Here
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 4 - Trois Rivieres - Post race chat Empty Re: Round 4 - Trois Rivieres - Post race chat

Post by TTR kris 6/25/2011, 10:28 pm

mayhem is all i can say
I got hit hard 1st race, but stall had a good result
and then hit others next races Embarassed
made a few bad calls that i feel bad about, coming from sidecar speedway racing bad calls sloppy racing = hospital or worse
i take this online racing as my new throttle twisting vent and try my best to keep it clean and I feel stink if i hinder anyone else's night

on this track you had nowhere to pull a line on anyone to pass or time to look at the fuel gages or where people were in the pack, it was all go,
sorry to the few i waked or tapped i know its disappointing for both parties involved
Embarassed
the class is very close racing and on a track like that its a bit to close, affraid
but i stall had a good night and would race there again
thanks admins for the night cheers cheers cheers
and WD top 3 in the 3 races

Last edited by TTR kris on 6/26/2011, 9:51 am; edited 2 times in total
TTR kris
TTR kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 6/25/2011, 10:48 pm

Am I reading the results properly - are you running V8factor Unleashed cars alongside the FVR NZV8s??
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 6/26/2011, 12:25 am

That was a fun nights racing

I was a late call up tonight, i had nothing on and only started downloading the mod & track late in the arvo, so pretty much jumped in with no practice of the cars or mod at all.

Thanks to milo & Benny for sharing a setup to get me going

I managed to qualify 9th, and planned to try and stay out of trouble in the races.

Race 1 i managed an 8th which was ok, i got as high as 5th but messed up a few downchanges which hurt me in the end.

Race 2 was much better, i drove consistently and stayed away from all the pileups, to come home comfortably in third.

Race 3 i got a good start but was caught up in the mayhem early in the lap, no one's fault just the nature of racing on this track Very Happy I had to make a pitstop for repairs though after struggling on for abit, and then later on made my normal CPS.... it was good fun getting used to the cars though Smile
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 6/26/2011, 8:32 am

Na we aren't webber

Sorry guys unforeseen issue with the points software, unfortunately it shows wrong team and can't fix it now due to not having results files to redo the whole series

Have always wanted to try run the mods against each other but V8SC
would need some weight and need to find the right track for a Aus v NZ
show down

Round 4 - Trois Rivieres - Post race chat Results
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 6/26/2011, 10:09 am

That would be awesome Benny if a balance could be found.

Wd Racer69 those are pretty good results for a first-timer.

Looked like a great night, but my NZV8 install was corrupt and Hell$tra don't give you enough quota to redownload it,
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 6/27/2011, 10:34 am

Had another Great Saturday night really enjoyed myself.

Had actually done a good amount of practice leading into this event and I felt pretty comfortable. Kris and myself had worked together to build a setup the was really looking after it’s tyres and quick enough to compete with what we thought would be most runners except Milo and Kyle.

Jumped on the server and kris sent me a setup he got that afternoon and I had a run it was really good appeared to heat rear tyres even less than what we had developed. Used it in Qual and PB’d only just but had broken into the 1m05’s which I hadn’t been able to achieve in practice. The setup had also appeared to give me what we were unable to which was pace on cold tyres which was the only thing I was lacking. Got 3rd on the grid with a good margin back to 4th but still a fair bit off the speed Milo and Kyle were running at.

Race one
Got a good start but being on the inside was a hard making turn one and kris and kiwi got through. Out of turn 2 I was trying to slot back into the line and get settled and under estimate turn 3 and I nailed kiwi thankfully only effected me really sorry mate, I then couldn’t make the turn in and ran wide having to let the field through before going again. Lap 2 or 3 came under the bridge and found cars that had a accident and ran straight in the side of dano (sorry again dano didn’t see you until it was to late I had slowed for yellows but not enough) Continued chasing hard and came across Racer69 in his first NZ event, We had a really great battle till the end with what I thought was a great amount of respect from both parties. I really enjoyed this as I normally only see racer on the grid before he disappears. I got passed once or twice only after Racer69 had made a mistake but always handed it back making one myself a corner or so later. Finished the race with Racer69 Spaz and myself almost neck and neck.

Race two
Had a good start again clipped the inside of turn 3 early on and spun had to come from the back again pretty un eventful race this one other than near the end with a few people struggling with tyre life rounded up a couple

Race Three
Went back to my setup and it paid off. Once again had issues early on but had a great run from there with the car working well punching out consistent times through the stint ( I should have stayed with My own Setup all night but you learn). From mid way I was chasing Dave who had really come to grips with the track and mod and was pushing out great times (Shame about DQ problem). Was trying to hold a little gap to milo who had crunched the wall earlier but was coming back. Had a Quick stop had started full so only need min fuel plus the tyres and came out 3 seconds behind Spaz and Milo must have stopped for repairs as I suddenly had a big gap back to him. I used every bit of my new tyres and low fuel load to catch Spaz but on a tight track I was only ever going to get though if he made a mistake which he didn’t. With a lap to go I had underestimated fuel a little and had to back out as Kyle had made it a lap further than thought he would leaving me with 1.2 litres of fuel as I crossed the line for third.

As I said earlier Great night and disappointed I can’t make next week for laguna seca as have to take the kids to Wrestling but will diffenately be back for Watkins Glen. I ran this track about a year ago and really liked it in a historic Capri looking forward to running it in something that handles even if it only handles a little better
Round 4 - Trois Rivieres - Post race chat 192488

TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 6/27/2011, 10:46 am

Regarding running NZV8 v Aus V8 I would love this to happen but would need some help going some testing to see if it is possible to even them out and maybe some feedback on if people are interested and the car they would run. Not much point if everyone was in the same class
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR kris 6/27/2011, 3:23 pm

i would stay aussie v8
TTR kris
TTR kris

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 6/27/2011, 3:48 pm

For me it would depend on the track... Pukekohe would probably be a good one because the NZV8 goes well on it and I would almost say handles better than the V8 Supercar in parts...

How would you handicap the V8 Supercars enough to make it fair? scratch
It would have to be a fixed set up?
Or put Kyle and Milo in a NZV8 and everyone else drives Unleashed... lol! that may give us a chance.... Very Happy
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 6/27/2011, 4:04 pm

Had an awesome night guys.... stand out for me was the battle i had with Wally26... Like Wally said on the night it has been awhile since he and I had had a good battle....
The guys just doesn't crack!... no matter how much pressure you try to apply he just drives like you are not right behind him!!....
Hey... maybe he has his rear view mirror turned off... Very Happy
But seriously it was an amazing drive from Wally26 and was the highlight of my night....

The track choice was probably not the most popular but it can provide close racing due to the lack of passing opportunities.... lost count of the laps trying to get passed Dano Shocked

Looking forward to the next round!!
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 6/28/2011, 5:38 am

TTR kwik-kiwi wrote:Had an awesome night guys.... stand out for me was the battle i had with Wally26... Like Wally said on the night it has been awhile since he and I had had a good battle....
Hey... maybe he has his rear view mirror turned off... Very Happy

How does one work this said "revision mirror" confused
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by milo 6/28/2011, 7:50 am

Great Turn out again, Kyle was fast as usual.
I had some great battles with everyone, so hard to pass there which made for some great racing.
I had to come to complete stop in all three races for going over the curb before the pit entry, i dont know if i went over it enough the three times but wanted to make sure. the last time in race three was my inlap, stopped straight away after going wide and had to wait for a few cars to zip past before i got back on track, some good pace shown By Dave and Racer for being new to mod.
wont be able to make Laguna so will see you all at the glen

Edit**** i would run the NZV8 *********** with abit of weight added to the V8U it could be interesting
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 6/28/2011, 3:31 pm

milo wrote:I had to come to complete stop in all three races for going over the curb before the pit entry, i dont know if i went over it enough the three times but wanted to make sure.

Sorry Milo.. it was really aimed at anyone cutting through that section... not just two wheels over.... I will try to be clearer next time Very Happy
I find it difficult to warn racers of the areas of concern without sounding like the "Fun Police" Sad
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by milo 6/28/2011, 3:42 pm

haha, no prob Kiwi, its all good, the only time i really got disadvantaged by it was the third race and thats the time i missed my braking point due to playing with my bloody pit menu and went right over curb. it was a fun track and some great battles thro the feild.
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 6/28/2011, 7:02 pm

TTR kwik-kiwi wrote:
The track choice was probably not the most popular but it can provide close racing due to the lack of passing opportunities.... lost count of the laps trying to get passed Dano Shocked

Looking forward to the next round!!

Track choice was great I had never seen or been on this track before and liked it from pretty much straight away. I would love to run this track again at a later date
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down