Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Round 2 - AE86 - Kiwi Challenge - Teretonga - Pre Race Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Round 2 - AE86 - Kiwi Challenge - Teretonga - Pre Race Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Round 2 - AE86 - Kiwi Challenge - Teretonga - Pre Race Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Round 2 - AE86 - Kiwi Challenge - Teretonga - Pre Race Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Round 2 - AE86 - Kiwi Challenge - Teretonga - Pre Race Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Round 2 - AE86 - Kiwi Challenge - Teretonga - Pre Race Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Round 2 - AE86 - Kiwi Challenge - Teretonga - Pre Race Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Round 2 - AE86 - Kiwi Challenge - Teretonga - Pre Race Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Round 2 - AE86 - Kiwi Challenge - Teretonga - Pre Race Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Round 2 - AE86 - Kiwi Challenge - Teretonga - Pre Race Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Round 2 - AE86 - Kiwi Challenge - Teretonga - Pre Race

+3
shaynskyline
TTR Benny
KKR kwik-kiwi
7 posters

Go down

Round 2 - AE86 - Kiwi Challenge - Teretonga - Pre Race Empty Round 2 - AE86 - Kiwi Challenge - Teretonga - Pre Race

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 9/7/2011, 4:03 pm

Guys....... Pukekohe produced some awesome racing.... Teretonga is gonna be a blast! bounce bounce bounce

Now..... because we want to improve everyone's race experience, Very Happy we are going to do some testing with maybe a fixed set up for this round.
Reason? i hear you ask..... When Benny and I initially tested the mod, we had the same upgrades and set up and raced side by side.... so it came down to how you drove the car rather that who had the best set up...... I found this type of racing so much fun (and I am pretty sure Benny did to) and I wanting this series to be that.... then I realised there were so many upgrades that we no longer had a level playing field....

Not taking anything away from the great results last night, because i have watched replays and there was some close, clean hard racing, however i reckon it would be great if we could bunch it up...

Now Benny and I really want you thoughts and comments on this idea (an that is all it is at this stage) and we welcome you to have a test with us when we get the server set....

Thoughts.... comments, for and against...... HAVE YOUR SAY!!!!! (please) Cool

Last edited by TTR kwik-kiwi on 9/12/2011, 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Round 2 - AE86 - Kiwi Challenge - Teretonga - Pre Race Empty Re: Round 2 - AE86 - Kiwi Challenge - Teretonga - Pre Race

Post by TTR Benny 9/7/2011, 4:28 pm

Yep Im With Kiwi on this when we tested without the extra rev's gearbox upgrades etc 5 laps etc you had hit a pace that put you even with everyone and the cars were so drivable and fun.

In testing we I think we both looked at this series as side by side racing people being able to jump on at 7:30 on tuesday no practice and be on the pace by qual.

The cars are certainly fun with the options that were available at pukekohe but as I think everyone comment you were on a knifes edge for the whole race.

But as Kiwi said would really appriecate your feedback so we can make a choice that suits everyone
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 2 - AE86 - Kiwi Challenge - Teretonga - Pre Race Empty Re: Round 2 - AE86 - Kiwi Challenge - Teretonga - Pre Race

Post by shaynskyline 9/7/2011, 8:04 pm

I'm all for even racing. But how we gonna know if everyone is on the same setups?
Will the honesty system work?

I think even with all exactly the same cars, people are still gonna be spread out according to skill levels and track knowledge.

I dont mind, either way.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 9/7/2011, 8:18 pm

Hey Shayn

We can force a fixed set up, so everyone is on the same set up... and yes you will still get the usual spread with skill and track knowledge... we just want to tighten the gaps.

kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR kris 9/7/2011, 8:58 pm

fixed setup like sway bars tyre presure or fixed upgrades??

fixed setups are a problem i think
as driver veiw can change how you think the car is sticking to the track (bumper veiw or incar)
but it wouldnt hurt trying it for a night
i also think maybe having the 2nd or 3rd race reverse grid

i thought they were good easy cars and it was going to be close racing untill i put that other engine in then it became a bit of a hand full where the setup needed to be spot on,
biff out the grunty engine for a look if you want it closer for a nights racing see how that goes ???

Last edited by TTR kris on 9/7/2011, 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
TTR kris
TTR kris

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 9/7/2011, 9:05 pm

TTR kris wrote:fixed setup like sway bars tyre presure or fixed upgrades??

That's what we need to test... my experience (limited) with fixed set ups, has been where you can change maybe fuel, steering, maybe braking and not much else.....
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 9/7/2011, 9:33 pm

Well that's orrite if you can force a setup and upgrades on all cars.

Personally, I don't mind the competition, if you can make ur car go faster through settings then congrats to you.

But if you guys wanted the series to be close, even racing then that's all good too.

Besides, I got my setup for Pukekohe from Kris, so I can't really complain lol.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by wobblyone 9/8/2011, 11:44 am

yea no problems either way here guys....i like the idea of even machinery, does make 4 close racing. re setup tho as long as it doesnt tame the cars down TOO much as it was a real challenge to drive em fast which made extended races interesting as u had to keep focused....i spose what im saying is im ok with fixed sets as long as it doesnt dumb the mod down too much and still gives u an option to tune the car to your driving style....i think a better way would be to add weight penalties to top 4 after each race if thats an option in r factor?

Another concern not a big one was the new guys who joined the last event, altho quick were a bit aggressive in traffic and sometimes pulled across u when they werent actually infront, nothing malicious, but might be worth a polite remark on driving standards required?
wobblyone
wobblyone

Back to top Go down

Post by squeeekmo 9/8/2011, 2:19 pm

Hey, I tried to be nice.
If you lock setups, can you leave sway bars adjustable some people like to balance the car with more or less oversteer than others.

Also on last race...I think 3-4 people were running TTR Kris's setup
squeeekmo
squeeekmo

Back to top Go down

Post by wobblyone 9/8/2011, 2:39 pm

hey squeek np mate....wasnt meant in a bad way just a few times u or the other guy....cant remember who shut the door before ud got through it.....if that makes sense Smile

no offence or insult meant by my comment, we just try our best to give each other plenty of space thats all Smile

cheers wobb

wobblyone
wobblyone

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 9/8/2011, 6:14 pm

Hey guys... at this stage we will have a fixed setup round at Teretonga and then look at the night and your feedback before making any drastic changes....

Yes we can add weight, and that may be an option in the future.... this is something I wanted to try, if it isn't successful, so be it... I don't want to ruin what is an amazing mod by screwing with it too much....

... give it a shot and give honest feedback after the round.......

TTR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by David Paterson 9/8/2011, 9:03 pm

I can live woth fixed set-ups, but what about fixed upgardes? There are so many available, I haven't tried them all yet, how will we know which one to use and if anybody else is using otherwise?
David Paterson
David Paterson

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 9/9/2011, 8:36 am

Server Is setup as a Fixed Setup. I have made the setup as adjustable as Rfactor will let me. The suspension Changes aren't something it lets you change.

So The is Basic just a good netural Setup
The main Change is the Rev's are capped at 9000

I have attempted to dial out a little bit of the rear oversteer out of the car to make it a little easier but it is still there to make it challenging

Happy to make small adjustments so please test it and get back to us
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 9/12/2011, 6:08 pm

Having a practice now.... less than half a second off my fastest (before having the fixed set-up) so it hasn't taken the sting out of the mod Cool
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by squeeekmo 9/12/2011, 7:18 pm

Jumping on now for some practice.
squeeekmo
squeeekmo

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR kris 9/13/2011, 6:32 pm

good setup benny boy.
everyone make sure you all put in the 1st gearbox in the upgrades to get 200k out of the car
also we just got booted from server What a Face
TTR kris
TTR kris

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 9/13/2011, 8:47 pm

Sorry guys new alarm today got put in an got home to find I had no Internet and phone hopefully nothing goes wrong next week I was really looking foward to this series
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR kris 9/13/2011, 9:49 pm

oh shit man what a bumber
TTR kris
TTR kris

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 9/13/2011, 9:51 pm

No good Benny... you missed a good one...
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down