Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Queensland Members Catch Up Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Queensland Members Catch Up Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Queensland Members Catch Up Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Queensland Members Catch Up Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Queensland Members Catch Up Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Queensland Members Catch Up Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Queensland Members Catch Up Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Queensland Members Catch Up Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Queensland Members Catch Up Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Queensland Members Catch Up Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Queensland Members Catch Up

+2
Kakswell
TTR Benny
6 posters

Go down

Queensland Members Catch Up Empty Queensland Members Catch Up

Post by TTR Benny 12/11/2011, 2:21 pm

Hey Guys Im Coming up to Queensland (Gold Coast) at this stage I think the 16/3/12 to the 25/3/12. So wanted to see who was interested in catching up. Will have a rental car so happy to travel a little bit to make the meet central for everyone (being a rental car I vote a Lakeside track day sounds good Very Happy )

On a serious note I have thought of a couple of things that may interest everyone

Something I really want to do while I'm up there is and maybe we can all do it as a group, we could maybe go out to http://www.aussiemusclecarmuseum.com.au/ for the tour. If so this would be on the Sunday the 18th Of March 2012. As far as I'm aware this isn't a weekend that is a standard tour date but with a group of guys depending who is interested in going Wally would talk to the owner and see if we can book it in.

If this isn't possible or just not enough interest maybe we could talk to JD about how much to organise a TTR Race at his Go Kart track and have a few races thoughout the night and catch up in between

Finally I wouldn't mine taking a tour of Johnson's Workshop and museum could working something out for this instead of other options

I know it's a long way off but let me know if your interested and we can make plans in advance. I'm coming with the family so planned in advance will be know drama leaving them for the afternoon to shoot off and do something, but un planned my wife you can guarantee she will have planned to do something at the only time you guys are available

Looking foward to hopefully catching up with some of you guys while I'm up there

Ben
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Queensland Members Catch Up Empty Re: Queensland Members Catch Up

Post by Kakswell 12/14/2011, 11:47 am

i wouldnt mind going to johnsons workshop.. and ive been meaning to go back to lakeside for ages with my camera ! last time i went out there they had the orig cars that we race on tcl there racing includin the two genuine skylines from bath

Kakswell

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 12/15/2011, 7:25 am

Sounds good mate Always wanted to check out Johnson's workshop.

Did you have a look at the Aussie muscle car musuem link at all it looks pretty cool
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 3/9/2012, 1:58 pm

Hey Guys Coming Up next Thursday the 15th For 10 Days. Wally and I are going to try and go to The Australian Muscle Car Museum On Sunday the 18th. We are just waiting to see if it will be open that day hopfully know early next week. If not we will be finding something to do. Anyone Up to coming out for or a catch up in some form
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HazzA 3/9/2012, 2:12 pm

I'm going to the Grand prix next week, and then straight to the gold coast on the 19th - 25th.

Won't be able to go on the 18th, but if it isn't open and you organise something else, let me know, and I might come along...

HazzA

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 3/9/2012, 2:54 pm

Might still be in Melbourne for the GP then Benny. Will PM you my mobile number once figured out what time we're getting back. Let us know if it's gonna be open!
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 3/18/2012, 8:23 pm

Hey guys made the trip up to Brisbane today were Wally and Shaz showed me lakeside and the Australian muscle car museam. Had a fantastic day and would really like to thank Wayne and Shaz for there hospitality today it was great catch up

Have lots of photos will post over the next few days
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 3/19/2012, 9:46 pm

Unfortunately didn't get anywhere near the amount of photo's that I could have My some dropped the camera the day before and it was playing up all day

There are so many more cars to see but the best part of the tour is the information from Jeff the Owner and Stories about every car and it's history.

we spent close to 3 hours hearing about all the cars a must do if you ever come up to QLD

Queensland Members Catch Up Amcmcars
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by David Paterson 3/19/2012, 11:25 pm

How sad it is to see all those great cars, just sitting there, going to waste......... Sad
David Paterson
David Paterson

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 3/19/2012, 11:37 pm

My initial thoughts exactly DP, however, at least they are being kept safely and not crashed, scrapped, etc. like surely many others are.

Of course they would be better raced Cool
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 3/20/2012, 6:19 am

shaz's and our thoughts as well. i think a lotto win would mean a trip to Jeff's again with some cash. Shaz liked the VL Nitron (the pic of the polerizer)
The non turbo nitron only has same power as standard VL but all cleaned up would look terrific. Brock didn't actually build these but HDT parts were supplied to some Victorian dealers. So hence not quite a Brock but had Sports suspension and of course the polerizer.

One of my many favourites is a V8 Volvo (for it's sleeper value)
A Company called Lakeside Industries decided to make these cars (using 264's) for those who wanted european styling but with the capabilities of towing Caravan's which were ever popular in those days (many stories could be made up here of Volvo's with caravans). Six of these cars were made only. Three with 253's and 3x308's before Volvo got wind of it and shut it down.
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 3/20/2012, 6:36 am

Jeff has a mechanic who helps him with the storage of the cars and apparantly they have special stuff in the engines to store with. and there is a procedure they use to start these up after long periods. So a lot of these cars will still start and run. Also a lot have low kilometres so hopefully after maybe a good clean up or replacement of the cooling systems and a gear box service etc, these would make great running cars.

A lotto win would be a careful selection. maybe a older gt falcon, a9x, original brock vc, brock vh group3, one of the Pacers, yes the volvo for every day driving lol and of course the nitron for Shaz. if we won a absurdly big lotto but we would make sure we had these cars with club rego and drive them. a lesser lotto i would be tempted with group3 vh or the a9x, the nitron(shaz would kill me if we didn't) and the brock falcon which is the original car that was built for a magazine as a competition for a reader to win. a 18 year old actually won it and his parents wouldn't let him keep it.

so many choices only a lotto win away lol
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 3/21/2012, 12:32 am

pics from the gp, still tryna figure out the scanner, here's a sneak peek

Queensland Members Catch Up Scan-114

nod to shano
Queensland Members Catch Up Scan-111

Queensland Members Catch Up Scan-113
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 3/25/2012, 7:54 am

Heading to the airport been a great trip thanks so much Wally and Shaz for the day trip we had really enjoyed myself. Was wonderful to meet you Shaz and to catch up with you again Wayne.

TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 3/25/2012, 10:44 am

No worries Ben, any time your in town, look us up.
Sorry it was off Jeff's proper tour with stories on all the cars and it was wet at Lakeside for the Bike's. Unfortunately because of that you didn't get the full feeling of speed there.
Shaz hated to admit it but thought the hire car was terrific, I think some of you Holden lubbers should go test drive the 270kw turbo or the 310 F6, they are awesome cars and could change your minds. Easily match an SS with better economy and cheaper rego.
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down