Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Nurburgring GP Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Nurburgring GP Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Nurburgring GP Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Nurburgring GP Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Nurburgring GP Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Nurburgring GP Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Nurburgring GP Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Nurburgring GP Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Nurburgring GP Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Nurburgring GP Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Nurburgring GP

+4
DV_8
Wally26
David Paterson
shaynskyline
8 posters

Go down

Post Nurburgring GP Empty Post Nurburgring GP

Post by shaynskyline 3/18/2012, 9:23 pm

Ok, Race reports go here. Seemed like everyone had a good night. Tell us about it.
http://www.online-results.net/index.php?race_id=409

Weight ballasts for next event:
Webber - 153
GroupCAction - 108
CortyGT - 36
racer69 - 9
DV_8 - 27
Berlsy - 45
Billy bob - 27
shano - 18
Wally26 - 18

Next event : - Diepholz - 1/4/2012

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post Nurburgring GP Empty Re: Post Nurburgring GP

Post by David Paterson 3/18/2012, 9:51 pm

I had a clear track for qualifying and pulled a PB, then I beat it and ended up 14th on the grid.
Made a good start and so did everyone around me, was very cautious at the first corner and lost a place, then had the best online race ever. Shaz and I were bumpa to bumpa for about 95% of the race, also had a good, brief dice with Nuty.
David Paterson
David Paterson

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 3/18/2012, 10:00 pm

It's final!
racer69 is a saint.
lap 12 racer had inside running on a corner and a car come across on him and even though not racer's fault he readdressed.
W26
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by DV_8 3/18/2012, 10:18 pm

I ended up having a good result, annoyed I didn't switch to the old pc earlier on haven't had a problem since.
Qualifying
I think I ended up 8th hadn't done a lot of practice and most of it was with race fuel and hard tyres. The car wasn't great but my lap was okay.
Race
5th, I got off the line ok but the lack of power hurt me and I was probably too careful into turn 1. I dropped back to 11th behind Trippy. My first few laps weren't great, I passed him due to an error. I got into a good rhythm and caught Pete and passed him under brakes. I then had a dual with Wally for quite a few laps. Took me awhile to get by it was quite a good little battle. I ended up on my own and was catching the cars ahead but there weren't enough laps. All of a sudden on the last lap I saw Stevo spun around and Racer in limp mode. So I got by both and ended up in 5th.
DV_8
DV_8

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 3/18/2012, 11:06 pm

Firstly, thanks Wally for Pushing the start back a bit for us F1 nuts. And Racer for mentioning it.

Qualifying

Again, i didn't get as much practice as i should be getting. And it showed. Could only manage 7th on the grid. With Stevo in the other Alfa in the 12s, i shoulda been faster.

Race

Got away great and into the first turn i decided to hang back slightly and go around the outside for a better run to T2. As a result i got through first couple in my starting position chasing Shano down into T6. Things were going great i was able to stay with Shano in the Volvo which was good. On lap 3 Corty had an off and i passed him running into T1. Almost rammed into his door lol, but managed to hold onto the turn. From there he was right with me and i was having to try pretty hard to keep him behind.

I gotta stop underestimating the M3s when im in the Alfa. Its no skyline and i can't simply outrun them in the little Italian car. On lap four Corty was all over me and whilst trying to defend him i took a couple wrong lines and he managed to get a better run out of T6. Because i was in the wrong place i ran wide into 7 and hit the grass coming out, which then put me in the grass on 8 and i lost it. INSERT SWEARING HERE.

Puncture. Red Front Bar. Pits. 40 seconds of swearing. Glad i chose the Push-to-Talk option in TS. Or i would be banned by now.

So with a repaired car and fresh tyres i roar out of the pits gunning for as many places as i can regain. Im in 15th spot. With Trippy not far behind me. Im never one to give up, so i looked at the field and decided that i wanted to at least make it back to the top 10, seeing as though it was only lap 5 of 18. This meant i had to make up 50 seconds to catch up to V8vp's BMW. Drove the ass off the car, tried to be as clean and fast as i could.

It took me 4 laps to gain 30 seconds on Partenope's BMW, i got by him cleanly and closed in on Shazam and David who were 5 seconds up the road. I passed Shazam with a tap, sorry about that but i didnt destroy her lap so i kept on. Caught up to David and coming into T7 on lap11 i got too close and had to back off to save from spinning him, which sent me into the grass. Shazam got by again, which meant i had to negotiate her Sierra again, got it done again being very careful and tried to have another go at Patterson.

Once past him, NutyBolts and V8vp put up great fights but i managed to pass them. All this was done by lap 15. So 10 laps, it took me to make up a 50 second gap. While the race was disaster, im pretty happy that i stuck with it and got to where i thought i could by the end.

Sorry to Shazam for passing you 3 times. I didnt mean to hassle you and i hope i didnt cause you too much trouble. David too.

I think my chances at being near the top of this series are slipping away, so hopefully can just get some good races in from now on.

Thanks for the race everyone. Well done to Billy for making the race to the end. GG ISP. lol

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 3/19/2012, 10:34 am

Just got a question about the weights, um are you just writing a number on a piece of paper and chucking it in the boot of Webbers car? Cos it doesn't seem to be slowing him down one bit. Lol, wd webb.

Also well done to everyone on the start, very good spacing and a lot of patience shown in the first few corners by everyone. Keep it up.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 3/19/2012, 1:04 pm

shaynskyline wrote:Just got a question about the weights, um are you just writing a number on a piece of paper and chucking it in the boot of Webbers car? Cos it doesn't seem to be slowing him down one bit. Lol, wd webb.

Also well done to everyone on the start, very good spacing and a lot of patience shown in the first few corners by everyone. Keep it up.

Check out live racers and on the right hand side is a link to race results... find the appropriate race and click on it
you will come up with the podium and fastest laps and most consistent(me again lol)

you will see a RACE selection there on that page. it gives great details of the race including the weights people are carrying.

Agreed Webber is doing great despite the weight. Next meeting will be the big test with 153 kg's on board.

W26
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by Shazam 3/19/2012, 1:18 pm

David Paterson wrote: Shaz and I were bumpa to bumpa for about 95% of the race

Had a great time battling you David. I wasn't going to give up and was just hoping I didn't do anything stupid. Damm, last lap and I did. Limped over the finish line with a flat. lol!

Sharyn
Shazam
Shazam

Back to top Go down

Post by Shazam 3/19/2012, 1:22 pm

shaynskyline wrote:
Sorry to Shazam for passing you 3 times. I didnt mean to hassle you and i hope i didnt cause you too much trouble.

No you didn't hassle me or cause any trouble. I did laugh to myself and think, just get pass me and stay there Shayn. All good.

Sharyn
Shazam
Shazam

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 3/19/2012, 10:33 pm

My results were amplified by loving that track and racer69, as wally points out, generously waiting after we had a collision. Norisring where I struggled to 5th was more representative. The M3 is a completely different car with the weight, drives more like a Sierra actually. It's great being able to mix it in genuinely entertaining battles though.

Smashed out a decent lap in qualy, then at the start bogged big time, and got overtaken by racer69 and cortygt. Spent next couple laps having a good spar with corty while racer pulled out 3 secs, then got past corty as he and stevo outbraked themselves in front of me! Then tried to hound racer but he wasn't having a bar, and the gap stayed pretty stable being cut by a tenth or two every now and then. For the next 5 laps or so it was static situation with both he and I pushing extremely hard and error free. Great stuff. Then racer started going very slightly wide every now and then (think his setup is a little cruel on the tyres and they may have been wearing) and I caught up when racer was held up by traffic. From then until halfway through the last lap, was a head-to-head match with some nose-to-tail, some closing of doors, some contact, passes, repasses, and great fun had on my part. To be frank racer probably should have won it, as he redressed what was in my opinion a racing incident! But that meant that the battle continued for another few laps until he got unlucky on the last tour.
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by CortyGT 3/19/2012, 11:38 pm

Great night of racing at a great track, I liked this version better than the shorter one.
Didnt have much pracy at all here, but managed my fastest lap in qually 3rd Very Happy
Got a great start probably the best of the front runners, went up a position and had a great battle for a 2 laps with Webber. End of 2nd lap last corner stevo got a run down the front straight, I was on the outside and got a shunt in the side enough to run my car off the road and into a spin and dropped from 2nd to 7th or 8th Crying or Very sad
All good though as stevo made it easy to pass 10 or so laps later.
Managed to get my self back to my qually position 3rd and was happy with that, untill I saw Racer69 off the track facing the wrong way affraid
Racer69's loss is my gain, so me no complain mrgreen
Great racing all and unlucky Racer69 as thats not the way I like to make a pass on you.
CortyGT
CortyGT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 3/20/2012, 5:35 pm

Thanks for the kind words Wally & Webber

I thought i had gotten into the corner abit hot & tapped Webber, so redressed. Either way we both carried on and swapped places a few more times, was a great battle to the end.

I got a great start, i seem to be able to start the M3s better than the Sierra's, and established a good early lead.

Wearing my tyres out earlier than others has struck me a few times, and got me again here as Webber noticed.. will have to work abit harder at making the tyres last.

Webber drove very fair, we went side-by-side around a number of corners, was a great battle. On the last lap i was abit too early on the gas out of the hairpin and spun, and rather clumsily got first gear and took off only to spin again, unfortunatly into Nutybolts path who had no chance of missing me. From there my car was damaged so i stumbled round to the finish.

Looking forward to the next round Smile

Wally - Are we going to replace Wunstorf with another track, say from that DTM period?
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shazam 3/20/2012, 7:02 pm

racer69 wrote:Wally - Are we going to replace Wunstorf with another track, say from that DTM period?

From Wally: No, we will finish up after the other 2 tracks.

Sharyn
Shazam
Shazam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down