Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Lakeside rants Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Lakeside rants Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Lakeside rants Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Lakeside rants Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Lakeside rants Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Lakeside rants Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Lakeside rants Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Lakeside rants Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Lakeside rants Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Lakeside rants Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Lakeside rants

2 posters

Go down

Post Lakeside rants Empty Post Lakeside rants

Post by Wally26 3/21/2011, 7:06 am

Hi guys,

Being my home track and when i get new mods I always test them at lakeside first I thought I would be a bit of a guru here.
I decided for the remainder of the season(just incase TCL get's voted out for our next season) That I would take the opportunity to showcase some of the more famous cars from Australia other than running all season using a DTM Volvo. Last night I chose probably one of the best looking cars from the era with the Black and Gold JPS M3 campaigned by none other than Jim Richards.

Benny topped the pre race practise time sheets from memory with the PB Sierra.

Race 1 I was lucky enough to get a gap on the field as most of the drivers learned the hard way not to spin coming out of Eastern loop. I ended up winning by 20 odd seconds to Benny in the Sierra.

Race 2 I didn't have it all my own way and after a couple of mistakes I chased down and caught racer69 twice in his Mustang. The second time resulted in a exciting duel which unfortunately turned into a fizza on lap 18 or 19 when racer69 Disco'd. Bad luck luke you were really giving it to me on a track I know inside out and backwards. During the battle I hadn't seen a sneaky Volvo driven by milo coming up behind and I had to muster all the rest of my skill/tyres to hold him out for the rest of the race.

WD to all drivers at Lakeside, it is difficult to master and everyone did so well. Watch the replays from outside the cars and you will be able to tell from them that it is the fastest average lap speed in Aus...

Great racing
W26
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post Lakeside rants Empty Re: Post Lakeside rants

Post by TTR Benny 3/21/2011, 8:43 am

First thanks everyone for starting a little earlier so I could run race one

Jumped on about 1 1/2 before the race and tried to get some practice the sierra was so so so so so loose here and was struggling badly. Wally was on and gave me heaps of advice and help with the track even jumped in a sierra himself so he could relate. I resorted to the low HP option and managed to learn the track at least switch back just before the race to the high HP version and was praying I could hang on.

Got a shocking start heaps of wheel spin and then headed into turn one wide. As I was turning the car into turn two I must have closed the door on webber and I had big slide and he was off the track sorry mate. first few laps the car was shocking but was using the power to hang around milo. As the tyres came up to temp we both closing in on Dano we arrived on him on the back straight a got great drive out of the left hander the volvo was on the right going around the outside of dano and I was approaching them at massive rate of knots. Only option not to collect both was try squeese up the inside of dano which involved a fair bit of grass Sorry dano Im sure was pretty shocking as we went either side of you at such a high speed part of the track. A lap or so later milo had a moment then a flat tyre and I was a good 7 seconds down on racer69. I put my head down and ws chasing hard and to my suprise was completing lap after lap of fastest laps and was closing in on Racer69. As I was starting to get closer gap down to around the 4 sec mark came past a spining Mustang and found my self in second. I was 11 seconds down on wally and I managed to hold this gap pretty much the same until about 6 laps to go when the front left got way to hot and could no longer push hard enough to stay put time pressure on him. Well done wally great drive well deserved win.

Pretty happy with my race as had never run a lap here till tonight and although hi speed track which in theroy should be great for the sierra found wallys knowledge of the track on the night was to much for me.
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down