Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Round 1 Adelaide Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Round 1 Adelaide Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Round 1 Adelaide Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Round 1 Adelaide Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Round 1 Adelaide Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Round 1 Adelaide Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Round 1 Adelaide Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Round 1 Adelaide Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Round 1 Adelaide Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Round 1 Adelaide Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Round 1 Adelaide

+3
shano
Wally26
shaynskyline
7 posters

Go down

Post Round 1 Adelaide Empty Post Round 1 Adelaide

Post by shaynskyline 2/26/2012, 10:13 pm

What a night of racing. How'd everyone go?

Post Round 1 Adelaide 2012_a10

Post Round 1 Adelaide 2012_a11

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post Round 1 Adelaide Empty Re: Post Round 1 Adelaide

Post by shaynskyline 2/26/2012, 11:05 pm

Congrats to Shano for first official win in TCL??
Also to every one for a great night of racing. Bad luck to Billy, Dan and others that didnt get to go the full distance.

Qualifiying:

Pretty crap really, lol. My best time during the week was 1:27.1. All i managed for Qual was 1:28.5 Dunno what happened lol.

Race 1

Starting in 7th place, the setup i was on had me bogged down real hard so i lost a couple spots straight off the line. Chased DanGTSX in a Skyline for a lap or so. Until he clipped a wall early in a lap and a got by him. This put me behind BillyBob for a couple laps, until on lap 4 he came unstuck onto the back straight.

And so started the battle with DV_8 in another Skyline. By lap 9 i was still behind him, DV drove very well and matched me all over the track. But i was reeling him in slowly. Webber popped up a couple times after coming off here and there. Seems like he passed us about 3 times lol.

In practice i did some extended runs and made the car do 23 laps. So i thought i'd be sweet during the race. WRONG. The fuel was disappearing quickly and and i hadnt been easy on it either. Getting worried.

On lap 11 DV got a little loose and i gained some space coming off the back straight. By the last turn i managed to get by him taking 4th spot!! He chased very well for a while getting closer in some bits and falling back on some of the turns. But always had me under pressure.
On lap 16 i forgot to brake for T1 and cut across the chicane, i slowed to let Dv by, as i woulda lost the spot had i made it through properly. On lap 19 i was close to DV and he slowed down for some reason coming onto the back straight and i got by him.

Crossing the line for the last lap i looked at the fuel gauge and i had 6 litres remaining! I had a bit of a gap on DV by now because he had obviously realised the same thing. I slowed right down and cruised around in 4th gear the whole lap. I crossed the line in 4th spot with 1 litre of fuel left.

PHEW! Great battle DV, was a really good battle between us for most of the race. Real bummer about your fuel mate. Bad luck.

Race 2:

Started in 4th place this time. Long time since i been that high up. Again, i lost 2 places on the Green light and went into T1 in 6th place. Chasing a volvo of either Billy or Wally, i wasn't sure at the time. Turned out to be Wally, i had a decent run on him into T3 and managed to brake up the inside of him and took back 5th spot cleanly. (thanks Mozza Smile)

Now im behind 4 RS500s. I knew i couldn't keep up with them so i just concentrated on being clean and conserving as much fuel as i could. i knew i wouldn't have the space for another 1:50 final lap this time. Wally was about 4 seconds behind me, Shano was 3 seconds ahead, and i was staying with him. I guess he had the same plan. CortyGt came of on Lap 2 and i just squeezed by him taking 4th place.

By lap 6 Wally was still 5 seconds behind me, and Shano 5 ahead. Things were going ok so far. Keeping a close eye on the fuel guage. By lap 12 i'd grown the gap to Wally to 7 seconds but Shano had pulled out to 12 seconds. I wasn't worried about the RS, i knew i couldn't run him down. Just had to keep a gap to Wally. Later the same lap, i forget to brake again and crashed into the wall of turn 6 or 7. Wally got through, ARRGH! Stoopid.

I got back by a couple turns later when he decided to ram NutyBolts. keke. But now Dv was on my rear bumper. We passed Shano while he was sitting in the pits. 3rd PLACE!! For the next 7 laps i just went as fast as i could. I had been doing calculations all race to make sure the fuel would get me to the end, so i knew i would be ok till the end. On the last lap i caught up to Partenope who was in 8th place, i had some space so i didnt try to push past him, waiting for the straight to come around. He must've forgot to brake into the sweeping right and braked really heavily putting me right into the back of his M3, spinning him around. Sorry man, no where i could go.

Crossed the line in 3RD PLACE!!! with 6 litres of fuel remaining this time around. Great race!!

Really happy with the first round. Fuel didn't bring me undone, had some great battles with another skyline.
I drove really consistently and did much better than what i thought i could do here. Wasn't expecting very much at all.

Thanks for the race, and for reading my extended review. Well done to everyone.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 2/26/2012, 11:43 pm

Some penalties and warnings from Adelaide.

Trippy: For cutting chicanes, 50 kg weight penalty for the next points round of atcc V8 Support series.
Sonofa: for cutting Chicanes, 30 kg weight penalty for the next points round of atcc V8 Support series.

Partenope: Warning for not letting people through that are blue flagging you. ie. people lapping you
NutyBolts and DanGtsx: Just watch the chicanes in the future.
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by shano 2/27/2012, 1:04 pm

interesting nite for me... qualy was hectic as wit people everywhere then got disconected mid way through... qualy 3rd which was ok...

r1.. shit start i think settled in behind trippy and corty... trippy was way hard to get by think he bounced off every wall for the first few laps lol.. evenutually got by trippy and corty and just plodded as webber was out of my league lol...
webb pitted thought mint but new he be back soon... backed it off a bit to save sum gas with bersly right behind for every lap... seen webb run of up the escape road thought ah too nice ... then just tried to keep bers off me for remander off race...
first win so was kewl as...

r2... cruised in 3rd most of the way couldnt match bersley and webbs pace... got a bit confused comin up to a back marker and lost it into wall popped the ol tyre... pretty much screwed afater that lol... car was toast... plodded in for 7th...

wd to webb and bers and shayn for 2nd race...
and wd all rest... mint nite had a ball...
shano
shano

Back to top Go down

Post by DV_8 2/27/2012, 5:27 pm

It appears my Skyline was a little too thirsty
Qualifying
7th 1st sector wasn't good enough but the rest of the lap was pretty good.
Race 1
8th. Got off the line well Berlsy got by pretty quickly. Shayn was a bit faster than me early in the race, so I went into John Bowe mode for a little while but he eventually passed me. I was able to stick with him and got back through because of his mistake through the chicane. Not long later I noticed the fuel situation was looking quite bad so I started to back off, with 2 laps to go I let Shayn through and tried to make it home. But I stopped on the home straight. So I went from 4th to 8th in the matter of 2 laps.
Race 2
6th. Settled in behind Peter in the Rover. A couple of cars had an accident ahead which gained me 2 spots. Had a few shots at passing Peter but couldn't quite get it done. Eventually I got by and set after Wally. I think Wally had a problem with a lapped car and I got by. I was right behind Shayn again but I think our pace was pretty much the same. I started looking at fuel and I was marginal so I started short shifting. I had a bit of a spin of the second last lap and lost 8 seconds and I think a bit of fuel. I had to coast it home and dropped from 4th to 6th, I ran out of fuel and rolled over the line.
DV_8
DV_8

Back to top Go down

Post by shaynskyline 2/27/2012, 5:32 pm

damn fuel lol. it did add an extra dimension to the race which was pretty good.

i might not be saying that though, had i not made it to the line. but yeah.

glad you got to the end of the second race DV.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post Round 1 Adelaide Empty Post Round 1 Adelaide

Post by Berlsy 2/27/2012, 5:39 pm

awesome night, had a bloody ball

R1 - got a pretty ordinary start and settled in behind dv8 in the skyline. got a run on him and was able to sneak up the inside at the hairpin. chased a couple of sierra's around for a few laps till trippy tagged the wall and speared off. had an awesome battle with corty and shano for about 10 laps. the commo could just keep pace with them but i couldn't find a way through till corty ran wide at turn eight which allowed me to sneak up the inside at the hairpin. from there drove my ass off trying to stay with shano while corty was super glued to my rear bumper. not sure what happened to corty but he dissapeared from my mirrors. battled with shano for the rest of the race but couldn't get passed, top drive mate and congrats on the win

R2- had a good start and was third behind webber and shano. passed webber when he ran wide at turn 3. got a run on shano down the back straight and just managed to pull the commo up and sneak up the inside at the hairpin. had a very fast webber up my date for a couple of laps, tried to keep him behind but knew i was fighting a losing battle, till he got up the inside at the final corner, tried the old criss cross but the sierra's got to much grunt. from there on just kaned the commo trying to keep as close to webber as i could knowing he had to pit. past webber when he pitted but he came out only a few seconds behind. had a top battle with webber right to the very end. that was bloody hard work trying to keep you behind, was sweating like an absolute pig the whole time. stoked to get a win and can't wait for the next race, gonna be a cracker of a series cheers

Berlsy

Back to top Go down

Post by CortyGT 2/27/2012, 6:23 pm

scratch Not sure what happened last night all seems like a bad dream ? Shocked
CortyGT
CortyGT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 2/27/2012, 7:09 pm

Race 1 - smashed the first bit, had to pit for fuel (buggered if i'm gonna do an economy run in the sierra), then had a scheisse second half to the race, almost rammed berlsy and shano, but precision driving style gunned it through a gap between them at the hairpin. Just drove it home for the rest of the race to 3rd

Race 2 - good start to take the lead but I jumped the chicane at T1 so let berlsy obbzy and corty back past at T3 to redress. A race peppered with another set of good laps but some errors started to creep in as the Sierra massacred its tyres. Massive props to Berlsy for driving the commo like he didn't own it to keep me behind at the end, fully deserved win.
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down