Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Rd2 - Pukekohe enduro Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Rd2 - Pukekohe enduro Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Rd2 - Pukekohe enduro Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Rd2 - Pukekohe enduro Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Rd2 - Pukekohe enduro Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Rd2 - Pukekohe enduro Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Rd2 - Pukekohe enduro Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Rd2 - Pukekohe enduro Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Rd2 - Pukekohe enduro Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Rd2 - Pukekohe enduro Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Rd2 - Pukekohe enduro

+4
shano
TTR Benny
TTR Powerslave
racer69
8 posters

Go down

Post Rd2 - Pukekohe enduro Empty Post Rd2 - Pukekohe enduro

Post by racer69 5/27/2012, 10:49 pm

Firstly what a great race by everyone. The day-night-day format over the 2hrs made a feel like a full on enduro with everyone having some good and bad fortune.

My race got off to a great start, chasing Berlsy during the early laps. After about 5 laps one of the braking markers for the hairpin was taken out, i noticed it at the last moment but unfortunatly Berlsy sailed off into the sand which gave me the lead. Over the rest of the first sting i built up a lead of about 10-12secs over Growler & Billy bob.

After the first round of stops the gap was about the same and as the sun set all was going pretty good until the night really hit and i struggled to see much lol (i thought i had the headlight patch installed but maybe not, or maybe i thought it worked better lol). Growler was hauling me in and doing alot better in the conditions, and in a way i was pleased when he got passed me because then i could follow his lines and see more. We were locked together for a few more laps before he pitted for his second stop, and a recovering Berlsy got passed me too. I used him as a guide for a few laps before i had to make my 2nd stop, and i preceeded to have a pretty bad stint, making a few big mistakes which caused two punctures, sped in the pits and was just slow.

When daylight came back out i was back in 4th, so for the last 20 odd mins i had a bit of a go to try and gain the lap back on Webber, but trying too hard on the 2nd last lap i tagged the wall so limped home.

A great race by all, particularly Bersly, great comeback, and Growler too, you drove great and hopefully we see you more on Sunday's Smile, and a great drive by Web in the little Alfa too.

I also had a great dice with powerslave in the Volvo in the dark too, that was lots of fun Smile

A great format here, the night stint made the race very gruelling and put some real excitement into the race, an idea for future enduro's perhaps?
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post Rd2 - Pukekohe enduro Empty Re: Post Rd2 - Pukekohe enduro

Post by TTR Powerslave 5/28/2012, 9:46 am

Great race guys great format the Day-Night-Day racing was alot of fun and something i'd like to do again for sure.

It was a night of first's for me First time in the Volvo ( not really many laps in the TCL mod at all, First 2hr race (Myself driving the whole race), First night race, First time acting as NRMA to push Dave.P back to the pits with my car to fill up.

All in all pretty happpy with the overall race and my driving in general made very few misstakes, as I had never sat that long behind the wheel that long before I wasnt to sure what to expect, I knew that I didnt have the pace to sit with most of the cars I just tried to settle into a groove and race clean, Around lap 30ish Dave.P said that he had run out of fuel and being 3 laps down or more I went to push him to the pits so he could continue to race i knew I was not with the leaders and was happy just to complete the race. sortly after that I was 9 or so laps down and as the day became night alot of the cars running were dropping of the pace heaps and I managed to keep doing my same lap times and better.. I managed to consolodate on that opportunity and make my way back to the pack and un lapping myself as I went.. There was no catching the top cars but I was exreemly happy with 5th, only 8laps down from the leader and alot closer to the next bunch of cars then I had expected..

AND I FINISHED YA !!

Great night, Awesome Mod and Hope I can Make it to a few more on sunday nights..
Cheers..
TTR Powerslave
TTR Powerslave

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 5/28/2012, 10:33 am

After going out with the wife for tea on Saturday and missing the V8 round I had gained permission to have a run on Sunday for the Enduro. Pukekohe has never been a happy hunting ground for me, I enjoy the track normally have good pace but it always goes wrong during the race, unfortunately tonight was no exception. In Practice I had good speed I knew the car was shocking on Cold tyres so I lost about 5 - 7 seconds to Webber and a couple of places over the first few laps. Once tyres came up to temp was able to make my way past a few cars and range up on Peter308. Had a good battle for a couple of laps and made the move into the hairpin.

Normally I can't get near Webber So I was quiet impressed with myself closing the gap with both of us going off a few times but heading into the stop we were dead even. I was really excited about the night part of the race when I realized it was going to happen and with the way I was going thought I had finally done away with my Pukekohe curse. But as it went black I couldn't see a thing I'm not sure about the headlight patch I don't have that but I could literally see about 2metres in front of the car and everything outside of headlights was pitch black. I have done night races before and never had this drama in the past. I lapped for quite a few laps but I had become dangerous I was a least 15 - 20 seconds down every lap At one stage trying to come back on the track I was lost in the dark and came on the track in wrong direction and to add this did it with the leaders coming through and Nailed Racer69. So Sorry Racer69 as I said in pm last night. Ran a Few more laps from here but after bouncing off one too many walls decided to pull out before I wreck someone else's Night.

I then had a play with monitor settings while watching and found my Brightness setting was super low below 25 % so I think this is why I had so many issues I put the monitor into dynamic mode instead of Energy saving Mode and Suddenly the lights of other cars were actually doing something spewing I didn't have my monitor set to this earlier but lesson learnt for next time. As I said above have done plenty of night racers and generally am around 1 - 2 seconds slower per lap 15 - 20 seconds slow this time I just could understand.
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shano 5/28/2012, 12:58 pm

had to miss out on this 1 unfortunatley...sounds like was some good racing... catchya all durin week
shano
shano

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler 5/28/2012, 5:40 pm

Yes it was good racing with you guys.
I had a fairly stable setup but knew I couldn't catch the Commodores.
I had a good first stint with Billy Bob but chewed the front right tyre out. I changed the fronts to hards and they lasted every stint. During the night I was losing about 1 - 2 seconds a lap, and fell off a couple of times on the front straight. I was hoping to catch Bersly as dawn was coming up but made one mistake in the pits where I forgot to take off damage, and the fact I had to do a spalsh and dash towards the end.
Good racing though.
Growler
Growler

Back to top Go down

Post by David Paterson 5/28/2012, 5:54 pm

It wasn't able to race comeptively as I had the only class 3 car, but i had fun, plenty of fun actually , it as real laugh. Huge thanks to Powerslave for pushing me to the pits after i had a massive brain fart and ran out of fuel.
David Paterson
David Paterson

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 5/28/2012, 6:00 pm

Great stuff from Powerslave as the recovery car!

Alfa was lethargic down the straight, well down on top speed, so never gonna be in contention here against the V8s driven well by racer, growler, and berlsy. But wrang the neck of the yellow cheese slice, and kept within reasonable distance of them, whilst keeping an eye on Benny behind, keeping me honest around 4 seconds back (great to have you Benny).

Whoever made the Alfa model kindly forgot to put headlights on it, which I realised at about 8 pm in game when I missed a braking point and spun off for the first time. Many spins ensued throughout the night, not helped by the rear tyres tending to become overwhelmed mid corner.

Definitely happy with a podium (3rd), which only really came about as racer and others struggled as much as me with the night race. Really enjoyed the enduro aspect though.

Looking forward to next race at Manfeild, it's a properly brilliant track.
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 5/28/2012, 6:35 pm

I did take a screen shot of webbers driving view with no lights will post it later god knows
How you made it around. Also have a screen shot of someone spining on formation lap very funny. I also really enjoyed the enduro format as well as the great chat we all had on teamspeak. I think that Bathurst 2 hour enduro 24 hour sim is a must. Would still like to combine all our nights and have classes so we can all compete.

Would love to make manfield not sure will try. Manfield is my test track for most mods it has a bit of everything. Get the car dialed in here it will give you fantastic base setup for all remaining tracks.

TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/28/2012, 7:03 pm

Sounds like some fantastic racing last night. Great to see some new faces too!

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlsy 5/28/2012, 8:03 pm

last night was awesome, loved the night racing couldn't really see much but was still good fun. we should have a enduro at le mans with TCL at some stage, that would be sweeeet Laughing

started well and was leading until i missed the brake marker coming into the hairpin and slammed the wall. didn't realise i had a puncture until i was passed the pits so had to crawl around for a lap, pitted for repairs and came out a lap down. drove my arse off until it got dark and then just tried to stay on track and be reasonably fast. made a plenty of spots during the night and just before morning was in the lead again. luckily the commo has big fuel tank and was able to make it till the end with 3 stops and get the win. i have no idea how webber made it through the night with no lights, i turned my lights off for a bit and it was pitch black. top marks gotta go to growler too, you drove the wheels off that rover mate

thanks for a top night everyone, see ya's next week cheers

Berlsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down