Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Pukekohe Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Pukekohe Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Pukekohe Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Pukekohe Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Pukekohe Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Pukekohe Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Pukekohe Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Pukekohe Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Pukekohe Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Pukekohe Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Pukekohe

+2
IcemanForbes
KKR kwik-kiwi
6 posters

Go down

Post Pukekohe Empty Post Pukekohe

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 6/9/2012, 9:47 pm

Wow was 75 laps a long race or what.... probably didn't help that the last 10 were in the dark... Shocked

Hope you all enjoyed yourselves anyway... I will post my race report after a much needed sleep Sleep

Kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post Pukekohe Empty Re: Post Pukekohe

Post by IcemanForbes 6/9/2012, 10:40 pm

Well it certainly was a long race, grabbed pole with I think my only ever lap in the 52s, although not as fast as a time old Fijian did in practice.

Made a solid start, led around and then Mini went off behind me which took the pressure off somewhat, then after a few laps i started bringing up the timing down the straight to look at the gap, by that time I think Mini had made his way back to second and the gap was 10s. I kept looking every lap or so for quite a number of laps and the gap was staying ridiculously constant at 10s for quite a while, so I had to continue pushing.

On one lap I then looked at the gap and it had blown out to 20s or so and so then I could relax a bit more and continue at a comfortable pace. Tyre temperature and wear were staying well in hand accross the duration of the stint, as I had hoped for having worked on that all week, and so I could pit more or less when I wanted up until about lap 52 which I had fueled for.

So having not pitted just yet I was noticing the shadows just before turn 1, as I assume everyone else was, and heard a comment about it over teamspeak. After having heard a comment of similar jist I pitted a little earlier than I had to (fuelwise) to avoid a dark pitlane entry.

Of course after that it got pretty dark but with no pressure I could simply drive a few seconds a lap slower anyway and cruise home, although I did manage to run into a spun car at the hairpin (can't remember who but he apologised immediately), but naturally pretty hard to see out there by that time.

I'm wondering what happened to Mini with a DQ after 65 laps, thats pretty unfortunate, out of 2nd place by the looks.

Thanks for the race guys,
IcemanForbes.
IcemanForbes
IcemanForbes

Back to top Go down

Post by M1N1K0B3 6/9/2012, 11:34 pm

I came into to qualifying with around 10 laps practice.
Got P3 and the start was terrible, I was up into P2 which was good and about to get a good run on the straight for the lead but the fps were so low it forced me to miss a corner and lose time.

After that I made my way back up to 2nd and as Iceman said the gap of 10 seconds was consistently kept the same it was great driving Smile

After the pitstops I spun on cold tyres twice and lost around 25 seconds.
I didn't want to switch the headlights on as it wasn't doing any good during the dusk light but then as it reached night the game told me that I must switch them on, I was just about to turn the lights on but rFactor decided to DSQ me. Never even seen this type of problem before lol but it should give me more than just 10 seconds? Maybe because the in-game time was going so fast i'm not sure but in the end it was just BS haha

Quite a lonely race but well done to Iceman on the win and everyone else who raced.

M1N1K0B3

Back to top Go down

Post by IcemanForbes 6/10/2012, 9:17 am

Strewth you seem to be having a few frame rate issues lately, is that just with Super Tourers only?
IcemanForbes
IcemanForbes

Back to top Go down

Post by M1N1K0B3 6/10/2012, 12:31 pm

I just sent you a pm Wink

M1N1K0B3

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayden Kirk 6/10/2012, 1:10 pm

Firstly thanks guys for yet another entertaining night!,

Jumped in the server late after watching the AB's pump Ireland who might I had pumped Austrailia......
tried and old setup that held me back 5/10's of race pace but was saved by Benny and that brought me up to midpack qualling 6th.

Was pretty happy with my start picking up two palces off the line and watching both Fijian 7 M1N1 run off the entry onto the straight which put me in second trying so hard to toe it with Iceman but just pushed a little are and looped up oin the grass on 3rd lap rejoining rof,

plodded my way back to 6th, had a couple of battles with Fijian along the way as I watched other cars spin out + the added bonus of m1n1 getting a DQ very muched helped my cause to finish second overall!

Cyas next week!

Hayden Kirk

Back to top Go down

Post by FlyingFijian 6/10/2012, 1:56 pm

I managed to get hiccups between practice and qualifying and that was very frustrating and annoying during the race. I managed to put in a time for P2 which was slower than expected but hiccups meant I didn’t need to push it. I started in P2 and got decent start and stayed in P2. Mini got run down at the hair pin; I let him go and decided to let my tyres warm up. Mini spun on the next lap and Hayden Kirk got down the inside of me at the hair pin on the same lap while I was still waiting for tyre temps to come up. Hayden spun in lap 4 and it was me and kiwi for a few laps. I spun on lap 13 letting kiwi and mini past then I spun again on lap 16 and again on lap 22. After that me and hayden battled until I drove away from him. I pitted on lap 45 and came out behind kwik kiwi. We battled for a while, I got inside him, he then criss-crossed. The battle came to the end when he closed the door at t1, I don’t think he knew I was there. I lost a lot of time and got some damage. My battle with Hayden Kirk resumed but the damage resulted in severe under-steer so I couldn’t hold him behind him. I pressured him until I made another mistake.
I had another battle in the dark with Kiwi, he either spun or I spun him. I didn’t feel anything on the wheel but it looked like I spun him. I waited a little while, he was behind me and I slowed down the back straight so he could go past. After waiting a while I looked back and couldn’t see him anymore. So I went on as I didn’t know what happened to him.

I thought I had pace, but, just couldn’t even keep it on the track. I enjoyed the track and the battles had on the way. I enjoyed the long races and I hope we have some more of those. The unintended night race was also awesome – would love to see a long race around Puke with hotswaps, incorporating night and day racing like we had last night. I hope that could happen. Sorry Kiwi if I did tap you replay didn't help.

See you guys in a couple of weeks for the next event. Unsure if i'll race the v8s around Hidden Valley. I will work on race set till then haha.
FlyingFijian
FlyingFijian

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 6/10/2012, 2:58 pm

Sorry Fijian... I just watched replay and I didn't realise you were up the inside at turn one.... and yes you did tap me when I went around later at the hairpin but I decided to fall in behind you because before that you were catching me easily and I was struggling in the dark...

Sorry guys for the race going to night.. it was something I had not thought of but will be more aware of in the future.

Pretty happy to finish in 4th
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by ttrsonofa 6/10/2012, 4:27 pm

great nights racing ...love the longer races ...bit hard in the dark though ...all in all a good night

ttrsonofa

Back to top Go down

Post by FlyingFijian 6/10/2012, 8:42 pm

All good Kiwi, shouldn't have been in that spot anyway. Noway I can make a pass stick around there. Sorry for spinning you. I wasn't sure at all. There was nothing on the wheel and there seems to be no movement in my in-car wheel on the replay but it looked like i did it. I liked the night part, always good catching people 2-3 seconds are lap in the dark when you are doing high 53's and everyone else is on 56's - pitty i couldnt keep it on the tarmac.
FlyingFijian
FlyingFijian

Back to top Go down

Post by IcemanForbes 6/11/2012, 6:59 am

FlyingFijian wrote:I managed to get hiccups between practice and qualifying and that was very frustrating and annoying during the race. I managed to put in a time for P2 which was slower than expected but hiccups meant I didn’t need to push it.

Haha I'd LOVE to hear an F1 driver in a press conference say he couldn't push for the win or pole due to hiccups. Laughing
IcemanForbes
IcemanForbes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down