Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
POST XGNvsTTR Bathurst Enduro Thread Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
POST XGNvsTTR Bathurst Enduro Thread Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
POST XGNvsTTR Bathurst Enduro Thread Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
POST XGNvsTTR Bathurst Enduro Thread Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
POST XGNvsTTR Bathurst Enduro Thread Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
POST XGNvsTTR Bathurst Enduro Thread Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
POST XGNvsTTR Bathurst Enduro Thread Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
POST XGNvsTTR Bathurst Enduro Thread Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
POST XGNvsTTR Bathurst Enduro Thread Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
POST XGNvsTTR Bathurst Enduro Thread Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

POST XGNvsTTR Bathurst Enduro Thread

+2
David Paterson
shaynskyline
6 posters

Go down

POST XGNvsTTR Bathurst Enduro Thread Empty POST XGNvsTTR Bathurst Enduro Thread

Post by shaynskyline 11/18/2012, 10:08 pm

Wow what a great race guys!! Thanks to the XGN guys for coming along.

How was your race?

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

POST XGNvsTTR Bathurst Enduro Thread Empty Re: POST XGNvsTTR Bathurst Enduro Thread

Post by David Paterson 11/18/2012, 10:09 pm

Missed it, didn't get home from Morgan Park until 20:00 AEDT
David Paterson
David Paterson

Back to top Go down

POST XGNvsTTR Bathurst Enduro Thread Empty Re: POST XGNvsTTR Bathurst Enduro Thread

Post by shaynskyline 11/18/2012, 10:35 pm

Shame man, you woulda enjoyed it.

So im not gonna go through the whole race. Bcuz i just cbf lol.

Did some testing and prac during the week my best time was a 1:20.9 in the M3.
Qualifying placed me in 12th? spot i think. With a 21.7 or so. Meh what ever lol.

Race

Got a good start and managed to stay on the track through the first turn and came out of T5 behind AusChrisX in the Merc that Mozza usually shleps around lol.

Most of the first part of my race was chasing ChrisX and being chased by Benny. We'd get close and then pull apart with some very good racing. Also had a very good fight with Benny in another Merc for a few laps until i shanked it sonewhere along the line and he kept going when i pitted.

On Lap 9 Benny was right on my butt going across the top section and i was right behind CHrisX going into the drop off bit, Skyline i think? We were three wide going into that corner, but Benny was a little behind so i decided to make the move on Chris. Benny got sammiched into the wall and pushed me across into Chris but i think i got away with it legitimately. Was a sweet move if i do say so myself.

The rest of the race was great, pos 9-13 or so was always up for grabs, and we were swapping positions alot. Pit stops also kept us close and made it interesting. I pitted right behind ChrisX twice which was great.

I think i chased down about 4, 10 second gaps which is awesome. Love these long races, as it give you the chance to settle in and move in on the guy in front if you can. Chris and Benny drove really well, very hard to catch. WD guys. Growler put some pressure on me late but he was a bit to far away to make a move.

I ended up finishing in 9th? spot. So top 10 is great. Woulda hoped for better, but i did spin it a couple times.

Sorry to Flattop for the late race rear end. I was going into the pits and coming over the hill he was slowed down, waiting for me to go by him, so thanks and sorry for that. Hope i didnt wreck his race.

Well done Webber Imperious, Racer and the other top guys.

Brilliant race.

shaynskyline

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 11/18/2012, 11:21 pm

Great fun, the only way to get better than these cars at Bathurst would be to do it in real life.

Failed hard in qualy, wheel wasn't centred properly but just didn't put a lap together in the bombadore. DV_8 smoked it in his Skyrine and racer69 pulled one from nowhere to qualify second in the M3. Think I ended up 7th.

Got lucky on the start, think there was more bogging than at a B&S ball after today's storms. Commode has enough torque to get it off the line and run a combine harvester at the same time. Up into 3rd out of Hell Corner, and in the lead out of Griffins.

Won't go into excruciating detail, but main themes were - Racer had great pace at the start of his stints, but his tyres faded towards the end - Had to repair damage after getting it all wrong over Skyline and clouting the wall - Awesome close battle between Mozza's Vulva, racer's BMW, and me at one stage - Strong late race charge from Imperious, huge amount of pressure, he wound up only 1-2 seconds behind.

Thanks to XGN for coming out, hope to do it again some time, looked like fantastic battles all through the field. Flattop - shame David Paterson didn't make it since you two would have been circulating with similar lap times in the same car...

Idea for a race - Macau Grand Prix? Usually run in F3 cars, awesome track, dangerous, great history.
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR-Chrisrx 11/19/2012, 8:16 am

was an awesome race, tried to give room when we were dicing, made it more fun, numerous drag races up the hill with growler was fun. hard to keep him behind but new his tyres would be shagged worse than mine. good racing.pitted 23 mins from the end for new soft boots and got myself some time back and clawed back 8th.
TTR-Chrisrx
TTR-Chrisrx

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler 11/19/2012, 12:54 pm

aus_chrisrx wrote:was an awesome race, tried to give room when we were dicing, made it more fun, numerous drag races up the hill with growler was fun. hard to keep him behind but new his tyres would be shagged worse than mine. good racing.pitted 23 mins from the end for new soft boots and got myself some time back and clawed back 8th.
This is one of the things I like when racing with you guys…you can drive clean but hard and know the other driver isn’t going to do a stupid lunge into a corner etc.
It was fun racing with aus-crisrx, Benny and shaynskyline etc.
Once the tires go off in the Rover it does get a little slippery, but that makes it more fun!
In my last stint I changed back to hards hoping to keep Benny behind me. It was all going well until I 2-wheeled the Rover over the top. I managed to keep going until I came back down and that just upset the car which put me into the kitty litter. (Bloody sulky Rover!)
All n all it was a good night.
Growler
Growler

Back to top Go down

Post by DV_8 11/19/2012, 4:40 pm

Enjoyed the race, first proper crack at Bathurst and the longest race I've done by half an hour so to finish 5th wasn't too bad. Thanks to all the regulars as well as the XGN guys for a good clean race.

Put the Skyline on pole, I lost the rear in the chase and actually hit the wall but somehow the car ended up back on line and I didn't drop much time. I think if Webber had of got a lap together he would have gone over a second faster than me.

Had another horrible start the Skyline went no where with the full fuel and gearing. Didn't quite have the pace on full fuel and I was being a bit conservative so I was still there at the end. It appeared that towards the end of each stint I was able to catch up a bit. At the end of my last stop I had Lukey right behind and there was a fair gap to Mozza in front. I managed to just hold off Lukey and made it home for 5th.
DV_8
DV_8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/19/2012, 5:26 pm

Great nights racing.

Was in 2 minds whether or not to run the usual Merc or the Volvo, for something different.. (for me anyway).

Ran with the Volvo to put a different car on the grid - was great to see such a great range of vehicles, and only 1 RS500 too!

Managed a reasonable time in the Volvo in quali and managed 4th, not as quick as I would have been in the Merc, but all good nonetheless.

Got a great start, shot past DV's slow starting Skyline and considered a look at racer, but sat back and followed him through T1. Webber decided to unleash his inner Leb and drove past us up mountain straight.

I was slow getting into a groove, and that let Billy past in his Skyline early on. He had it by the scruff of the neck too! Was great to watch. Imperious from XGN joined in with his RS500 and we were all fairly well matched, but I managed to sneak through on both of them nearing the end of the first stint or so..
Chased down racer and made a mistake at the elbow and then on the same lap ended up in the sand at Caltex Chase and ended up 10 or so seconds behind him.
Got my head down and punched in some reasonable 2:19's and slowly bridged the gap to him over the course of a stint or 2, with the M3's tyres seeming to go off fairly bad at the end of each stint.

The final pitstop saw racer only stop for fuel, and he got out quicker with a 7 second lead over me, but with the lack of grip I managed to chase him down in the closing stages and use the slightly higher speed of the Swedish Box Wagon to get past.

Finished 3rd, so yeh. Fair happy with that, my highest TCL finish at Bathurst anyway. Lol.

Thanks to the XGN boys for rocking up. Was great to race with you fellas, hope to do it again soon.

Oh, and Chris, I hope you looked after my Merc, I'll be needing it next weekend!

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR-Chrisrx 11/19/2012, 6:24 pm

yeah its in 1 piece still mozza, the rover didnt get too close too me, he only touched me like a popes hand on an alter boy!
TTR-Chrisrx
TTR-Chrisrx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down