Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post Clipsal Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post Clipsal Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Clipsal Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post Clipsal Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post Clipsal Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post Clipsal Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!
Post Clipsal Icon_minitime1/26/2018, 3:51 pm by Fez

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post Clipsal Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post Clipsal Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post Clipsal Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Post Clipsal

3 posters

Go down

Post Clipsal Empty Post Clipsal

Post by TTR=JD 3/19/2011, 11:14 pm

Post Clipsal CLIPSAL-RESULTSnew

Post Away Guys.
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post Clipsal Empty Re: Post Clipsal

Post by TTR=JD 3/19/2011, 11:31 pm

Qually: Did a decent lap around 1m 30.234 i think, Webber came in late due too a power outage so he couldn't bank a lap and probably would have got me i think.

Race 1: Got the jump at the start and had some good racing with Webber. On lap 17 i put a very nice move on Webber for position at T9 at the end of the back straight. I was on for a comfortable win with about 4 sec up my sleeve with about 3 laps to go, then suddenly rfactor crashed to the desktop and Webber went sailing by. Thankfully i got it back up and came home in 2nd. On lap 17 i put a very nice move on Webber for position at T9 at the end of the back straight.

Race 2: Started from p2 with Webber off Pole. Webber made a couple of error's at T3 & T5 i think and this gave me a run onto the back straight. I was certain Webber would not be happy and would try to out brake me at T9 at the end of the back straight so i braked a little later than normal for cold tryes & brakes & dropped an extra gear back to 1st to help pull it up but went a little deep, as i did this i noticed Webber going very deep and as i turned in he went straight ahead as he was still in 3rd gear when i looked at the replay and made slight contact with the wall. I had changed my strategy for this race & was doing the reverse Pit stop, so as i had clean air it was my chance to try and bolt away as i didn't have a clue what strategy Webber was on. As we got to about 3 laps to go i had about 2.5sec on Webber so i was just being conservative and then i noticed Webber left. Not sure what happened mate, bad luck.

All in all great racing tonight by all, and great effort from all allowing the faster cars past.
TTR=JD
TTR=JD

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 3/20/2011, 9:14 am

Qually: going in was happy with whatever position came my way, kiwi had been quicker in practice and I decided not to play with the car setup to try and top him as I had a very easy car to drive in race trim. Got a little lucky with not my best time but with webber having power outage managed to put the car second on the grid.

Race one
Had a great start and was side by side with jd on the run to turn one. Had to get out of it a little early and let jd through and at the same time kiwi got through too. Was watching mirrors as webber was coming from the back and didn't want to hold him due to his power outage leading into qual, at turn 6 kiwi run deep into the corner and I decided to follow his line to allow webber through on us both. At turn 11 kiwi made a mistake and I slipped through, was planning to run reverse window on the pit stops but with track position decided not to and have good tyres at the end. Came home for a hard earnt third with kiwi keeping me honest the whole way

Race 2 what a stuff up
Had a reasonable start but kiwi got through turn one again at turn four he got hooked on the wrong side of the ripplestrip on the entry and I got back through. Was slowly pulling away and decided would run first stop early at lap 5 and it all fell apart. Hit the chat button on the way in by mistake got a what I thought was a drive through which I completed the following lap. When I came out it didn't disappear so thought it must have been a stop go never done one before. So I came in and the crew changed my tyres WTF. When they were changing them I noticed in the options for pitstops there was a yes or no to stop go so third time lucky got it right. From here I drove as hard as I could not worrying about tyres can't remember heaps about the run other than coming up on Wally thinking I have to find away past him quickly if I have any chance of catching kiwi. Got though with a strong move into turn 4 and kept pushing. On the last two laps kiwi's tyres must I've gone off as I was closing quickly getting with in 2 seconds on last lap which I was wrapped coming from 45 seconds back

Great night enjoyed the longer distances and the strategies that come with it. Have really loved the switch we made to v8 factor and looking forward to learning how to drive unleashed.

Congratulations to webber and jd on your unbeliveable pace last night I know you both worked hard to achieve it.
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 3/20/2011, 1:52 pm

Good swansong for V8factor 1.3, the cars behaved really nicely at this track and were nice and flowy to drive.

I was a bit peeved after a power loss at our house caused me to miss qualification. In the end it didn't make a difference. A good time from JD anyway, so he deserved the result. I was very impressed with the times from dano, kk, benny, and wally, big improvements on what I saw in practice.

Race 1 folks were extremely mindful of each other, and moving up through the grid was a pleasure. Thanks Benny for taking the outside line for instance. With that said, I was a few seconds behind JD already by the back straight so was fighting an uphill battle. I put in a few fliers and somehow managed to get in front of him after the first pit stop (we were neck and neck as he came out of the pits). My setup isn't the best with tyres though, and I was having to manage them quite a lot, so there was heavy pressure from behind. JD executed a brilliant pass at the hairpin. I was going defensive but he squeezed between my car and the wall with a latest-of-the-late braking manoeuvre. From there it was really his race to lose, and he was a few seconds in front when his computer did that for him. Been there many times mate know how bad it feels.

In Abu Dhabi Race 2, there was a reverse grid, and starting from last I stuggled to pass one driver, which lost me a lot of time there. So I was glad there wasn't a reverse grid in Adelaide, as it could have been a bit of a farce in the tight Adelaide streets. As JD described, the late braking was farcical at the end of the straight, and we both outbraked ourselves... me more so than JD, conceding the spot. A failed pit strategy meant I could only reasonably hope for 2nd, but I was on fresh tyres with 5 or 6 laps to go and closing slowly on JD 2.5 seconds in front. Then my computer crashed and decided that the video driver didn't need to be loaded after all. I tried changing the power supply and cleaning the CPU fan today but I think it needs new RAM.

Bring on the next round at Melbourne where I'll be in Melbourne and playing on a laptop with an Xbox controller! Benny & everyone, this is a big request I know, but would it be possible to delay the start by 10 minutes? Getting home after the GP qualy+V8s on Sat I believe is not the quickest of processes...
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 3/20/2011, 2:08 pm

I don't have a problem delaying by 10 mins we will just run 10min qual again.

With Unleashed it has a TrackconfigV8SC10.ini which chooses your upgrade options for the track. I have worked out in the Melbourne-Gp4.gdb file if you change the name we can run other upgrades like sprints. I'm trying to make a copy of Melbourne-gp4 folder calling it TTRMelbourne-gp4 and change the track name as well so we can run the upgrades but without effecting our original version of Melbourne-gp4.

If anyone knows how to do this please let me know
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down