Trans Tasman Rivals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TTR Racing - Server Time
TTR Racing’s Facebook Page

Latest topics
» TCL Oceania Skinpack 84 - 90 by TLC Revival
Post: PUKEKOHE Icon_minitime3/13/2023, 8:22 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» DTM The Early Years by TCL Revival Team
Post: PUKEKOHE Icon_minitime4/17/2020, 5:16 pm by Rot Teufel

» TCL ETCC - JTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post: PUKEKOHE Icon_minitime11/25/2019, 9:26 pm by David Paterson

» The New ORA
Post: PUKEKOHE Icon_minitime10/6/2019, 4:05 pm by ORA-Ulee Deway

» BMW Evo Update 5
Post: PUKEKOHE Icon_minitime7/16/2019, 8:47 pm by Rot Teufel

» Current (2016) TCL Downloads
Post: PUKEKOHE Icon_minitime11/11/2018, 1:27 pm by sheriff77

» Racing for this year "2017" !!

» TCL BTCC Skinpack by TCL Revival Team
Post: PUKEKOHE Icon_minitime11/7/2017, 9:25 pm by Rot Teufel

» rFactor 2 Mods (Feedback needed)
Post: PUKEKOHE Icon_minitime9/11/2017, 11:14 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

» TCL on rf2
Post: PUKEKOHE Icon_minitime9/5/2017, 10:26 pm by TTR-Chrisrx

Downloads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+3
Wally26
Webber
racer69
7 posters

Go down

Post by Guest 3/1/2011, 10:09 pm

Post away fellas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/1/2011, 10:17 pm

Ok here goes.

With my pedals playing up all through Qualifying and Race 1 I had a dismal round.

Qualifying I managed a 1:04.5 or something along those lines with what I thought a good lap. Got 8th.

Race 1 I got slaughtered with my pedals playing up. I passed a few cars at the race start when the chaos at the first chicane happened. Then lost them all on the back straight. When Benny put his car on its roof I thought yay another position only to have him fly past like I was standing still. Finished in 8th. On later inspection post round I have determined the pedals need a clean as they are filthy.

Race 2 saw me start from last?? Not sure what happened there but there you go. Altho it could have been when I left the track to go do some running repairs on my pedals. Start of race 2 was awesome. Kept up with Benny until I made a huge error and caught the first chicane too hard and nearly rolled it. From then on things went south. Too many spins and accidents made my night hell. With about 1minute to go I lost it sown the pit straight and ended up collecting racer69 (sorry mate) who had nowhere to go. After the collision I had bent steering and a damaged motor (It was literally yellow and well down on power). Finished in 8th again.

So overall 3 8th placings make me not very happy with my crap driving and wheel/pedal set.

dev

Back to top Go down

Post by racer69 3/1/2011, 10:40 pm

I learnt a valuable lesson aboput 10mins out from qualifying tonight... always check you have the right version of the track!

I'd done some practice laps offline prior to this round with the version of Pukekohe i had, but never got on the server, which of course was a mistake and i wound up having the wrong one. Quickly jumped off and downloaded the right version,and got into qualifying with about 2mins to spare... let me set a hurried single lap time, which left me 7th on the grid for race 1

Race 1 - Did some laps in the warm-up to get my eye in, and made a good start but sort of planned to wait until the back straight to make a move and let everything settle through the opening corners... of course it all happened infront of me and i came onto the back straight in third.

I chased Milo and managed to get him under brakes at the end of the straight, and then set off after Webber, who was driving extremely well. I was on his tail for three quarters of the race, i seemed quicker through the opening part of the lap down to the hairpin, but Webber had the edge on me driving out of the hairpin and up over the hill till turn 1.

He was covering very well so i planned to try and outside move at the hairpin... unfortunatly late in the race i went a little too wide and sailed off the track... i managed to get back on in second and made it to the end there. Was a fantastic race up until then, hardfought and really enjoyed it Smile

Race 2 - I got a fair start and settled in behind Webber on the first lap... before fell off with an unforced error at the start of lap 2. That didn't hold me up too much, i was only 5secs or so behind, but Webber had me covered in this race, i couldn't make any time on him, despite setting better laptimes than I did in race 1, and my tyres ended up overheating. I was still pushing though, but to no avail. Unfortunatly devil had a lose on the mainstraight at the end which i couldn't avoid, thats racing though, nobody's fault, which left me in 4th place

I'll be looking to make amends next week Smile
racer69
racer69
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Webber 3/1/2011, 11:22 pm

Jumped on for some practice last night, ended up having a few small jousts with jd that was fun. A lot of the regulars were circulating.

Tonight a huge field and a good track, probably the best suited for the VL Commode of them all. I got some pretty good times down in qualy, and racer69 unfort got caught up with logistics, so walked away with pole.

In race 1 I had a pretty good start and an epic 15+ lap stoush with racer69 that left me with sweat pouring everywhere. The VL was just unbeatable with the terminal velocity of a TGV, but 69 seemsed to have a parachute to deploy each lap braking into the hairpin. I had to drive assertively, trying all the dirty tricks in the book, and it got to the point where my standard line was braking inside. Crushing pressure from racer69. Normally it works and he gets past, but this time his parachute broke and he went off. A pretty lucky win.

Race 2, forgot to chop off the anchor at the start and it was only luck that had me leading at the chicane. After that though I drove the wheels off the VL and everything just worked. I had to drive very conservatively at the end since my strategist's (ahem) petrol calculations were a bit dodgy.

I have to say, I watched the replays from a few different people's perspectives and there was some tremendously close competition in the pack! A bit of bad luck as well with a few people trying out the structural rigidity of their roofs at the chicane. Brilliantly big field, some excellent performances put in by new and established drivers alike. And of course good to see devil back.
Webber
Webber

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally26 3/2/2011, 6:17 am

Not much to say tonight because I made a bad tactical choice. Decided to run the standard engine in the rolla tonight as to give david patterson someone to race with, unfortunately he was a no show and I got 2x 10th places for my trouble.

Back to the TRD engine next week and giving the rest of the guys and ladies , once again, nightmares about a screaming little rolla Smile

W26
Wally26
Wally26

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 3/2/2011, 7:20 am

10 members last night great field some great racing from regulars and other drivers

Overall the little bmw struggled all night I could keep most guys honest but had to over work the car to do so. Rolled the car in race one ended any chance of running with anyone and was hanging around annoying kiwi in race two until I struck a stray wally spinning

Great night enjoy myself as always looking forward to next week
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by milo 3/2/2011, 8:45 pm

last nite was crazy amounts of fun, in my turbo fridge.
cheers all.
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post by David Paterson 3/2/2011, 10:15 pm

Wally26 wrote:Not much to say tonight because I made a bad tactical choice. Decided to run the standard engine in the rolla tonight as to give david patterson someone to race with, unfortunately he was a no show and I got 2x 10th places for my trouble.

Back to the TRD engine next week and giving the rest of the guys and ladies , once again, nightmares about a screaming little rolla Smile

W26

Sorry about that, I've now missed 4 rounds out of 5, all due to real life motorsport getting in the way of rFactor. I'll try to make it next week, but the week after I'll be en route to Phillip Island.
David Paterson
David Paterson

Back to top Go down

Post by TTR Benny 3/3/2011, 7:20 am

Last edited by Benny on 3/6/2011, 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
TTR Benny
TTR Benny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KKR kwik-kiwi 3/4/2011, 8:29 pm

Had a great night racing at Puke.............

happy with the mid pack finishes in both races.... had a few battles to keep the blood pumping...

the ABBA blaring out of Milo's Volvo scared the hell outta me when he went past in race 2 Laughing

clown kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi
KKR kwik-kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down